Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you edit pokemon sprites? I've done some on regular paint, but is there a faster way?
YOSHH!! I will make a "How to make splices guide"!

A faster way, in my opinion, is Photoshop. It's a program for professionals. But it's free for 30 days. I'm just not good enough for Paint. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR1m9faZ_MM

I hope this videos helps you till I make the guide. Big Grin
umm...thanks but, my comp freezes on any video page, A.K.A Youtube
Hmmm... could you explain me what you mean by "edit"? Put some other spite's parts into another? Or something like that? D:
Edit: change colors or body parts
Aha! Well, what are you doing on Paint? I mean, the tools you use and how you use them.
I use the magnifier, i alter the colors by using the fill tool, and use my common sense to choose the right shade.
Good good. I believe that's the fastest way in Paint. But in Photoshop, you can choose the parts you want to recolor with the Magic Wand Tool/Quick Selection, which would save you some seconds. But the program is 1GB, and it might take some weeks to get used to it. So, stick with Paint. ^^
Hmm...okay, but before, when my computer wasnt so screwed-up, i watched someone on Youtube use the "color pick" tool on paint on one color in the pokemon, then another color on a different pokemon, then used the "eraser" tool, and held down the left-clicking-mouse-thingy, and covered ONLY the color from the 1st pokemon. I have NO IDEA HOW, because ive already tried it!
(19-04-2009 03:18 PM)pokeFREAK Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...okay, but before, when my computer wasnt so screwed-up, i watched someone on Youtube use the "color pick" tool on paint on one color in the pokemon, then another color on a different pokemon, then used the "eraser" tool, and held down the left-clicking-mouse-thingy, and covered ONLY the color from the 1st pokemon. I have NO IDEA HOW, because ive already tried it!

This is hard to explain w/o pictures, but recoloring like that is the easiest way.

To do it properly, take 2 pokemon. Let's say your using a Blue(Kyogre) pokemon and you want to turn it red (Magmar).

Make Red your 2ndary color by selecting the color pick tool and RIGHTCLICKING over Magmar's red body.
Next, make Kyogre's blue the main color, by LEFT CLICKING Kyogre's blue body with the color pick tool.

Next, select the Eraser.
Go over the Kyogre with the eraser by holding down the RIGHT button on the mouse. Your main color should be replaced by the secondary color.
Reference URL's