Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Help with my team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gyarados @ wacan berry
Intimidate/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon dance

Heracross @ Expert Belt
Guts/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Close Compat
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Aerial Ace

Mismagious @ Leftovers
Levitate/Timid
252 Sp.atk / 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Calm mind
-Substitude
Leafeon @ Occa Berry
Leaf Guard/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Inner Focus/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Dragon dance

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Inner Focus/Timid
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam

I want to put out 2 of my pokemon and put in a Bronzong and a MIlotic
(24-04-2009 01:51 PM)Soldi Wrote: [ -> ]Gyarados @ life orb
Intimidate/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon dance

Heracross @ choice band
Guts/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Close Compat
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Aerial Ace/pursuit

Mismagious @ Leftovers
Levitate/Timid
252 Sp.atk / 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Calm mind
-Substitude
Leafeon @ life orb
Leaf Guard/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-return
-Swords Dance

Dragonite @ Yache Berry/life orb/lum berry
Inner Focus/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Dragon dance

Alakazam @ choice specs
synchronize/Timid
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-trick
-Charge Beam

I want to put out 2 of my pokemon and put in a Bronzong and a MIlotic

1 i prefer for you to remove leafeon & mismagius for bronzong & milotic...
2 you have too many sweepers. replace them with some walls like hippowdon.....Wink

hope i helped....Big Grin
Bronzong and Milotic were my suggestions as wallss..As far as Hippowdon is concerned,residual damage on all other Pkmn other than itseld would be at least silly...
I want my team to have 2 Ph. Sweepers,2 Walls,1Sp. Sweeper and 1 mixed sweeper wall breaker
Gyarados is good, but not as a lead imo. There are a lot of leads carrying Electric attacks and Wacan won't help much against a, say, Scarf Zapdos. Dragon Dance sweepers should be used late-game, when their threats are out, so drop the Wacan for an Attack boosting item, Life Orb, Expert Belt, your choice. And as I said, don't lead with an offensive Gyarados, bulky variants with Taunt are better at that. About the nature, the only thing that Jolly is needed for apart from Scarfers is Aerodactyl, I'd personally go Adamant.

Heracross should be Adamant with Choice Band imo. Forget about Speed, this thing's power is over 9000, it KOs anything in one or two hits. If you still want Speed, go Adamant with Scarf, though you lose the bug's pure force. Also, EQ hits what CC does, it isn't needed, use Stone Edge instead for covering Flying-types. The last move is a filler, you'll never use it whatsoever, I'd go with Pursuit.

Mismagius now. Kudos to you for using it over Gengar, although Blue may kill me for saying that. While the Calm Mind-Sub-2 attacks is a nice offensive set, it doesn't hit much that Alakazam can't. And since you lack some walls/supporters, why not make it a bit more defensive? I'd go:

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid - 252 Speed / around 160-180 HP / rest in SpAtk
- T-Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Burn physical Pokémon, paralyze anything else making your Gyarados'/Heracross' life easier, then Destiny Bond the Pokémon that wants to kill you. Shadow Ball as a generic attack. I wanna build such a Mismagius myself too.

About Leafeon, why this set? Leafeon is one of the best SD passers in the game, just imagine the power of Gyarados' Waterfall after a DD and a passed SD. I'd say use SD, Baton Pass, Leaf Blade and one more move that can help you. Substitute can only work with Leftovers, which you can't use if playing with the item clause, so you may choose Roar for phazing Skarmory before it phazes you, or a second attack. Always Jolly, max Speed, and give it some HP, it needs staying power. As for an item, you can use Salac Berry, passing an SD along with a speed boost is deadly.

Dragonite is ok, but Ice is quite common and you already have a Dragon Dancer in the team. I'd say drop Dragonite for a wall. Swampert is what I'd choose, it absorbs Electric moves targeting Gyarados and Fire targeting Hera and Leafeon. In this case, give Swampert Leftovers and give something else to Mismagius (maybe Focus Sash, no idea what else could work).

Alakazam should use Trick and Choice Specs. As for its attacks, Psychic and choose 2 between Focus Blast, Signal Beam and HP-Fire (which I assume you can't breed for Toungue).

I have no time to suggest anything else, but overall, this team lacks defense. If Mismagius works correctly, the lack of defense won't hurt, but if not, you're in trouble.
Soldi Wrote:Gyarados @ Wacan berry
Intimidate/Jolly
156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spd
-Waterfall
-Taunt / Thunder Wave
-Stone Edge

-Dragon dance
If you're going to use Gyara as a lead (which does work btw,) I'd recommend Taunt / Thunder Wave over Earthquake and replacing Ice Fang with Stone Edge

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Guts/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Close Compat
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
- Night Slash / Pursuit / Swords Dance / Brick Break
I know you are going to take damage every turn, but you get a nice boosts, and can really kick butt with dual STAB and Stone Edge. The last move can be just about anything. (Brick Break is nice because screens are so common now.)

Mismagious @ Leftovers
Levitate/Timid
252 Sp.atk / 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fighting
-Calm mind
-Substitude

Not much to say here, but HP Fighting along with Shadow Ball gets perfect neutral coverage.

Leafeon @ Occa Berry
Leaf Guard/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance

BP Leafeon, with all these Physical attackers, would be just plain scary.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Inner Focus/Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Dance

No objections to the set, but Salamence can use the Dragon Dance set 10x better than Dragonite.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Inner Focus/Timid
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam
Trick Specs is far more annoying in my opinion, but this is fine too.

Alakazam is defensively weak, and with physical priority moves flooding the game, I'm thinking something else could go there. Maybe something that resists Ice, like Heatran?

Heatran @ Life Orb
Flash Fire / Naive
252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice/Rock] / Flash Cannon
- Explosion

If you play him right, he's as scary as Alakazam.

I'm thinking Dragonite could be replaced for Salamence, but a wall there would be cool too. Something like Swampert would take in the hits that Gyara attracts. You could use Rest-talk, Mix-pert, Curse Pert, just a Standard set, whatever. They all work.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Gyara's EVs should probably be changed if it's going to be leading; The spread I suggest is a bulkier spread that I personally have taken a liking to.
Reference URL's