Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: BROOTAL's current team. (PATIENCE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BLASTOISE (WALL-E).
careful maxed sp. def and def.
ability - torrent.
item - leftovers.

protect.
yawn.
earthquake.
avalance.

not really satisfied with the moveset, although it has saved me from a couple of electic and grass types, usually my last one out, and usually has a couple of swords dances and a few speed boosts.

GENGAR (SLEEEEP)
timid maxed sp. attk and speed.
ability - levitate.
item - focus sash.

hypnosis.
dream eater.
destiny bond.
shadow ball.

still the same gengar, except now with a focus sash in order to force destiny bond to work, assuring that in the rare case he's up against someone he can't handle they get to die for their treason.

BLAZIKEN (FLASHFIRE)
hasty maxed attk and speed.
ability - blaze.
item - focus sash.

flare blitz.
sky uppercut/brick break.
baton pass.
brave bird.

blaziken upon Ninjo's suggestion. i looked it up and was pretty happy with it's stats and moveset. send it out after a ninjask sword dances and gets some speed boosts, and the thing is un-effing-stoppable. and again Ninjo, i either never would've thought of using it, or one of my friends woulda used it against me than owned me, thank you. i know i should have a different nature, but this thing NEVER gets hit anyway. everything aside from three or four times has been a one shot, or i just baton pass it right out, to give the swords dances and speed boosts.

URSARING (SORRY)
jolly maxed attk and speed.
ability - guts.
item - toxic orb.

earthquake.
facade.
shadow claw.
brick break.

first thought of ursaring when i read it in someone's thread. can't find it anymore so i can't give them credit for the foundation of my ursaring. goes out in case blaziken can't handle it. gets speed boosts and swords dances AND guts. i coulda had quick feet but i always get off more speed boosts because it's at the end of a turn, than i do swords daces, so no need for it to be that fast when it's already faster than anything there.

HERE'S THE BEST PART!!!!!

NINJASK (HAKU)
naughty maxed hp and speed.
ability - speed boost.
item - focus sash.

swords dance.
substitute.
protect.
baton pass.

STILL. LOVE. NINJASK. first one out. haku after zabuza's apprentice, fastest son of a gun. anyhow. substitute, swords dance, protect. throse three for sure if not more, and also getting speed boosts.

NINJASK (OROCHIMARU)
naughty maxed hp and speed.
ability - speed boost.
item - focus sash.

swords dance.
substitute.
protect.
baton pass.

i just love the music that plays when orochimaru is around, that creepy organ stuff. anyhow....MUAHAHA!!! can throw it our second in case first one doesn't get off a satisfactory amount of swords dances. OR, if somehow my awesome cycle breaks with the frist one to my blaziken or ursaring, i can send this one out and either switch in whichever one is alive or my blastoise for fun.

currently training/breeding:
salamence.
deoxys.
registeel.
skarmory.
umbreon.
mr. mime.
snorlax.
(09-05-2009 07:59 AM)BROOTAL Wrote: [ -> ]a few of my friends and i battle on the wii. i change my stuff around alot on account of me being so indecisive.

i like sweeping alot, because the way i see walls and annoyers as just a small hurdle for one of my PoKeMoN to waste a few more attacks on.

SWEEP THE FLOOR

TYPLOSION.
mild/rash
ability - blaze.
item - choice scarf

overheat
earthquake

eruption.
focus punch

power herb is so i don't waste my time with sunny day, i don't have to charge solar beam on the occasions someone uses a water type. dig saves me against infernape and other types with scary fighting moves.

GENGAR
ability - levitate.
item - focus sash

counter
thunderbolt

destiny bond.
shadow ball.

i've heard items like wise glasses don't do much at all? i usually use my GENGAR to save battles, very dependable. the one of few NEVER switch out of party. hypnosis has only failed me a few times. he can handle the last two by himself. lots of people argue energy ball or another attk but i usually have have leaf PoKeMoN in my party. i was also told by someone destiny bond was a bad choice but it's given me a win or at least a draw quite a few times.

SCEPTILE
ability - overgrow.
item - leftovers

substitute
leech seed
hidden power fire
grass knot

i know, i know, another special sweeper? and also, wise glasses again? i don't even know why. but he takes care of most walls for me rather easily. the most recent addition to the PoKeMoN i use. not much more to say.

NINJASK
jolly
ability - speed boost.
item - leftovers

swords dance
x-scissor.
substitute
baton pass

LOVE NINJASK! i told you i liked sweepers. speed boost is so funny because he's automatically one of the fastest sun of a guns out there. salac berry and natural gift because tyranitar is usually the only wall i have trouble with. dig is also devasting to fire types even with earthquake while i'm underground, flying type cancels it out.

AERODACTYL
jolly maxed attk and speed.
ability - rock head./pressure
item - focus sash

earthquake.
stealth rock
rock slide
taunt

very speedy phy sweeper. usually my first one out. ganlon berry and natural gift for grass, ground, and dragons. usually my dragon killer. roar if i don't like yah.

so yeah, that's my CURRENT team. tomorrow i'll prolly be battling with another six. i have 24 others to switch them out for, and i continue to look for PoKeMoN i want to invest time into. i have a wall or two, same with tanks or annoyers, i like my PoKeMoN to be fast and generally one shot. there you have it.

your team has only sweepers. remove some sweepers for some good walls, like cresselia....Wink
i tried to get online to battle, but i went in it and it said seek participants... to do 50's, 100's. singles, doubles, whatever, waited forever and nothing. full bars and everything.

anyhow, i don't see why i need walls.

i have a probopass with explosion i like, and an umbreon, but all walls are for me is a slow kill of one or two of their PoKeMoN.

i'll look into cresselia.
(10-05-2009 06:44 AM)BROOTAL Wrote: [ -> ]anyhow, i don't see why i need walls.

you have to use them, because they can survive without a problem many attacks & can counter many pokemon (with the good strategy of course Wink ). also, take a look on this

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/potw

there are some exellent strategy guides for many pokemon, which can help you a lot....Cool
Chaos714 Wrote:you have to use them, because they can survive without a problem many attacks & can counter many pokemon (with the good strategy of course ).

Walls are not needed on a team. Some people like to play balanced offense, where they have sweepers and walls, and just try to win. Some people play with all walls, hoping to beat the opponents by racking up passive damage. And yet, others like to play all offense, whether the pokemon be bulky or fragile, and try to wipe the floor with awesome sweepers. It is all personal preference and how good you really are (All offense is REALLY hard to win with, especially against all-wall teams.) But yeah, bulky offense is probably the easiest to play, so throwing a few walls wouldn't hurt.

Now about your team:

Typhlosion- What Chaos said.

Gengar- http://www.legendarypokemon.net/2007/09/...-dp-gengar There are so many sets for gengar; find one that you like and use it.

Sceptile- A SubSeed or Choice Specs set is usually the best way to go.

Ninjask- use Chaos' set, but give it the focus sash, so it can get off at least one SD. You could also give it Protect, to get multiple speed boosts.

Aerodactly- (Chaos, that's a lead set, not a sweeper set!) I'd recommend a White Herb, and run the set Curse / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Ice Fang or Fire Fang. That way, you get some Defense (without losing Speed), and if you can get Sandstorm going somehow, you get some SDef. Sturdy.

Of course, you could give him the Babiri berry to survive Scizor's Bullet Punches, but just make sure he has Fire Fang and you do not use Curse.
oh my god that ninjask is perfect.

i can use it and it's speed boost for my phy sweep to make it brutal.

i can't figure out how the heck to breed in dragon dance. my salamance bang like drums from dusk to dawn, and every egg i hatch has been wasted steps. i can't get natures to stick either, no matter who holds the everstone, it's always something COMPLETELY different. tried dittos too. apparently i can breed about as well Daniel Radcliffe could act in HPs 1-4.

haha wanna help me out some more fellas?

i'm making a new team, with a wall or two. ohhhhhh gosh!

thanks.

EDIT: also, how do i change hidden power's.... power? if it's based on IV's, all of mine are maxed cause all i do is hatch eggs.

thanks again.
BROOTAL Wrote:can't figure out how the heck to breed in dragon dance. my salamance bang like drums from dusk to dawn, and every egg i hatch has been wasted steps. i can't get natures to stick either, no matter who holds the everstone, it's always something COMPLETELY different. tried dittos too. apparently i can breed about as well Daniel Radcliffe could act in HPs 1-4.
EDIT: also, how do i change hidden power's.... power? if it's based on IV's, all of mine are maxed cause all i do is hatch eggs.

This might help. It tells you what Pokemon get DD as a level up. For the Everstone, make sure your giving it to the Female parent / the Ditto. and even then, it's just a 50-50 chance you'd get the nature of the Female parent/ditto (I could get really messy and go into the RNG and how it works in Platinum, but I still don't understand it completely myself)

Hidden Power is based off of the IVs, so they're set once you catch/get the Pokemon. If the IV is odd when divided by two (rounded down,) a certain number is added to the total power. If the result is even, then the number is not added. You can use LP's Hidden Power Calculator to find the power.
(11-05-2009 04:00 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]This might help.
not at all. in fact, i use serebii all the time. it just says they learn it through breeding. i've hatched a bahjillion eggs, no dd. =/
EDIT: oh my god my friend just showed me how to use it i think...do i make my salamance seduce a charizard? it that's how it works, i'm retarded.

(11-05-2009 04:00 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]Hidden Power is based off of the IVs, so they're set once you catch/get the Pokemon. If the IV is odd when divided by two (rounded down,) a certain number is added to the total power. If the result is even, then the number is not added. You can use LP's Hidden Power Calculator to find the power.

thank you.

EDIT: what about ninjask and u-turn?
same thing as baton pass, but attack before switching out?
To pass Dragon Dance, the male parent must know the move and the female's offspring must be able to learn it through breeding. In Salamence's case, you should have a male Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra with DD and a female, Adamant Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence holding the Everstone. 50% of Bagon hatched this way will be Adamant with DD.

About Hidden Power, you cannot change its type power, it depends on your Pokémon's IVs. Use the calculator.

U-Turn is not the same as Baton Pass. U-Turn attacks and then switches out, without passing any boosts to a recipient. And Swords Dancing just to lose the boosts isn't that useful.
thanks alot you guys.

all your help is DEFINITELY giving me the edge over all my buddies.

if only i could figure out what's wrong with my wi-fi, ds, or whatever is preventing me from battling online.
k, so just bred my tank blastoise with a snorlax for yawn.
if i breed it with milotic for aqua ring will it still have yawn?
Milotic must have both Yawn and Aqua Ring. Otherwise you're going to breed your female Blastoise with Milotic for Aqua Ring, but the offspring will have only Aqua Ring..
Good going with Yawn, keep this Squirtle. Aqua Ring isn't worth a moveslot. The recovery it provides taking into account the turn you waste using it and the fact that Blastoise is a tank, meaning you'll have to switch out often (nullifying its effect), is not adequate. Plus, Blastoise has much better moves to use, either offensive (Surf, Ice Beam) or defensive (Rapid Spin, Toxic, Rest).

Btw, since you are going for a whole new team, why don't you post it? That way we'll let you know what to fix/keep as it is.
new team posted.

i have been wi-fi wii battling for the past like, two hours and i switched out the second ninjask for a garchomp cause you can only do 3 v 3 i guess. anyhow, garchomp owns.
I hope that by dick you mean detective
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's