Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: can you double baton pass?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mr. mime@focus sash meditate, barrier, (barrier?), baton pass.
jolteon@focus sash agility, (agility?), baton pass.
slow physical sweeper with high sp def and attk, sweep away.

who would be the best to use after jolteon if you can double baton pass?
(10-05-2009 07:29 AM)BROOTAL Wrote: [ -> ]who would be the best to use after jolteon if you can double baton pass?

the best one is lucario, because it is a good mixed sweeper and with that double baton passing, it can be strong enough to sweep many teams with no problem...Wink
I'd never use 2 Baton Passers in a team. Either just one, or a full BP team. Say your opponent has a Lucario with Extremespeed. You know it can easily take both of your BPers out, so you'll have to switch to your wall/Lucario counter, say, Hippowdon. This means that your BP combo is broken. When going for a full BP team though, where every Pokémon can Baton Pass, you can switch around w/o losing your boosts.

As for the sweeper, it is the Pokémon that's gonna do the whole dirty work, you must keep that in mind. It must offer good type coverage, have an above-average Attack/Sp.Atk. which should ideally be further boosted by a Swords Dance/Nasty Plot, and boosted defensive stats. If you don't plan on boosting your defenses, it is suggested that you have a resistance to the most common priority moves, like Scizor's/Metagross' Bullet Punch, Infernape's/Breloom's Mach Punch, Mamoswine's Ice Shard and Lucario's Extremespeed. It would be also great if your sweeper had access to Baton Pass. The reason is simple, if you run into something you cannot OHKO even after the boosts you have received, you don't wanna switch out. So, taking everything into account, good sweepers for BP teams are:

Physical Sweepers:
  • Blaziken (Great offensive stats, Baton Pass access, nice type coverage, resistance to Steel and Ice)
  • Medicham (Awesome Attack, great coverage, Baton Pass resistance to Mach Punch)
  • Absol (Not bad at all, but needs Defense and Sp.Def. boosts. Should be used with Bulk Up support 'stead of SD.)
  • Lucario, but lacks Baton Pass.

Special Sweepers:
  • Togekiss (Baton Pass, covers anything, but you'll need something else for passing Nasty Plot to it)
  • Zapdos (if you can rely on another Agility passer, Jolteon is too frail for me, also needs HP Ice/Grass)
  • Espeon and Glaceon, as long as you pass some defenses to them and have access to a nice Hidden Power

In case you are thinking "tl;dr", go Blaziken.
there's alot of stuff i didn't factor in.

since discovering this site i am realizing the potential of baton passing, hidden power, etc

many thanks ninjo.
Reference URL's