Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: RMT for pokemon VGC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This team is for the pokemon vgc or the pokemon video game showdown. in the tournament i will only be able to go to lv.50 and i can not have the same item of one poke on another poke. also the format of battle is double battle with 4v4.

Brongzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SpD
Nature: Sassy
~Safeguard
~Gyro Ball
~Explosion
~Swagger
Alright now Brongzong is a better supporter for the team . going to use safeguard to stop status problems and then use gyro ball and swagger to boost my other pokes.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability:Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd / 6 Def
Nature:Timid
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Hp Ice/ Protect
~Taunt

using him with my brozong and using him to take out ghost types or water types.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 16 Def/ 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~Meteor Mash
~Bullet Punch
~EQ
~Explosion

Standard doubles Gross. Meteor for stab and maybe attack boost, Bullet Punch for Focus Sash. EQ cuz Gengar and Brongzong is immune to it and Explosion is well, Explosion. Occa Berry for fire types.

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability:Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/6 Spd
Nature: Adamant
~Aqua Jet
~Superpower
~Ice Punch
~protect

For this team i will probably send out bronzong and gengar together. my bronzong will be my supporter and set up safeguard and help out other pokes with swagger. then with gengar use shawdow ball and thunderbolt to stab, and i have protect to keep him in for when i use explosion on bronzong or metagross. then if my gengar is still alive i will send in metagross with it to do the same strategy but i add in earthquake and then when i think he is spent i will use explosion. with my azumarill i will use him kind of as a weapon aginist pokes that might try to switch into my brozong or metagross. ive been on the fence if i should use a vaporeon instead of azumarill tho so anyone who can help me decide there plz help. so that is my team and strategy, thanks to those that help me out and im open to any changes. thanks again.
Alrighty, lets begin.

Bronzong- Safeguard I can understand. But the Lum Berry too? Sleep leads are brutal, but the only one you might see is Breloom, and even he is uncommon as a lead. Leftovers will help Bronzong more than the Lum Berry, especially if you need him to boost your other sweepers.

Gengar- Substitute is a nice option over Taunt or Protect, so you can escape in case a pursuit comes your way.

Metagross- cool.

Azumarril- I would think 252 Spe would be better here, but if that is what you want, fine. I might actually use this set on Shoddy some time.

It's a nice team, although, I'm not sure Swagger's confusion will be stopped by Safeguard. (I'm feeling a little sick, so this might not be the best rate I've done.)
Bronzong, nice one. The thing is that Bronzong is usually the first target in doubles, your opponent will want to knock it out asap so that it doesn't explode, use Trick Room, or whatever else the standard Bronzong does. So, you'll have to wait for 2 turns in order to use Safeguard & Swagger. The Lum Berry may save you from a random T1 Bronzong/Gengar Hypnosis (@ ExplorerAce, Breloom isn't THAT common in doubles) but they still have 3 moves to take it down.

Gengar, I'd suggest you drop Taunt and keep both Protect and HP Ice. Taunt is really situational, you may Taunt a 'Zong to prevent the Trick Room, but it may have used Gyro Ball on you. Same for Dusknoir, but it may Shadow Punch you. Also, Destiny Bond in Protect's place may be useful. Gengar is one of the fastest Pokémon in 4v4 doubles, considering how most teams go Trick Room, and since it is a Ghost, making Explosion useless, most opponents will opt to take it out the traditional way, just by hitting. So, Focus Sash saves you the first turn, Destiny Bond takes down their, say, Dusknoir the second one.

Metagross is great.

Azumarill can be a beast, but it needs Swagger's boost imo in order to kick some butt.

Overall, good team. Not much more to say since I'm not that good in doubles. Good luck on your VGC dude.
thanks you guys i really was unsure about the bronzong but now i think i know what to use. i think i will probably use the trick room combo on my bronzong and i switched my azumarill with a vaporeon, im thinking that will maybe be a better thing than the azumarill.

Vaporeon @ leftovers
nature:bold
Evs:252\hp 236\spa 20\spd
ice beam
protect
surf
signal beam

i hope this is a better add, its almost like a small sweeper that can jump in and stay going for awhile. but if it isnt than i would like to know. thanks again. Big Grin
Noooo. If you are using Trick Room, your whole team must be slow. Azumarill with its Huge Power and low Speed is great in Trick Room doubles. Also, with Trick Room, your Gengar becomes almost useless.

Ok. If you want a Trick Room team with Gengar, you could go like this.

Turn 1, put one to sleep with Bronzong's Hypnosis (preferably something slower than Bronzong, so that it loses this turn, plus, when Trick Room activates, it is asleep, so it won't move before Bronzong) and hit the other one with Gengar's whatever (any super-effective hit).

Turn 2, set Trick Room with Bronzong, and try to take down the other Pokémon with Gengar. If in KO range, just hit. If not and you know it will hit Gengar, Destiny Bond it with you.

Turn 3, if Gengar is alive, Explode with Bronzong and keep do whatever you want with Gengar. If it's out, Protect with Azumarill and Explode with Bronzong.

Turn 4-on, just take down whatever is still there with Metagross and Azumarill.

Of course, I dunno what your opponent will be using, so this may not always work as I'm saying. Also, beware of Hypnosis' crappy accuracy, it tends to miss every time you really need it. Toungue

If you still want Vaporeon in Trick Room, go with this:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Relaxed, 252 HP, lots of SpAtk, some Def
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball

Shadow Ball hits Gengar and Dusknoir who are always there, Hydro Pump over Surf for not hitting your partner. Relaxed and 0 Speed EPs so that you have minimum Speed, moving early after the Trick Room.
ok so now im kinda confused, should i use trick room with my team or not? seeing how the only thing i would have to change is if i wanted to use the vaporeon you suggested or the azumarill i posted first. i dont know which i should choose. Im generally confused about my team now.
Look, the best way to go is to use the team you are most familiar with. If you've used the team you posted in the beginning several times and the Safeguard-Swagger combo seems to work most of the time, then by all means, go for it. If it doesn't work, you know there's something you need to change, and most probably it's gonna be Bronzong.

So. If your team works, keep it. The only thing I'd suggest is Destiny Bond for Gengar. After the Focus Sash activates, it's gonna be targeted by a hit, so it will guarantee a KO.
If your Safeguard-Swagger thing does NOT work, try Trick Room Bronzong, with Azumarill or Vaporeon. If it still doesn't work, try it with the other Water-type.

Reasons to choose Azumarill: Slow, which means more Trick Room abuse, great Attack, nice coverage.
Reason to choose Vaporeon: The doubles metagame is almost purely physical, so Vaporeon could be useful for taking down stuff like Hippowdon with one Hydro Pump.

Anyway, I can't have a good opinion on a VGC team. I don't know what your 4v4 metagame in the USA is, but if it's like the japanese one, your team is quite good as it is.
thanks, yeah i think im going with the trick room bronzong with the azumarill, and Im adding destiny bond to my gengar like you suggested so that i can get some use out of it once focus sash is activated. so thanks again Big Grin
Reference URL's