Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Who do you guys like to use early on in Emerald?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I try and I try to like the new generation of Pokemon, but only a few actually have an interest in me. I'm not one that only picks the best of the best, I pick Pokemon that interest me. But seriously, I'm on to my third badge, and I only have a Grovyle and Skitty. Anyone else you guys thinks are worth noticing?
It's up to what anyone likes.
ex:I captured a Makuhita and I think this was a really good choice. I like it as a pokemon and its FAKE OUT attack really helps(later in the game,when in HARIYAMA form).
Taillow is a very good choice too,i think.
But as I said...IF you like it.
I think Electrike and Aron are also very good choices. They helped me a lot when I first played the game.
Catching a Ralts early in the game and evovling it into Gardevoir (lvl.30) actually helps. Gardevoir has excellent stats, eventhough you will have to look after the fragile lil' Ralts.

Taillow actually obtains strong attacks pretty soon (Wing Attack on lvl.13) which boosts your team performance early in the game.

I found Breloom's abilities pretty helpful, so a Shroomish is a very good choice.

Generally, I prefer catching my Pokemon early in the game (Mudkip, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow) in order to have a well around team, with only 2 members to fill the gap.
I had caught a slakoth in the Petalburg Woods.It is VERY annoying to train it until it evolves into Vigoroth but by this time it is very powerful.I also like Absol but you will find it later in the game.
I don't know... Electrike, Aron and Ralts all seem too overrated to me. I think I just have a problem with being to picky when it comes to choosing Pokemon. Maybe I'll just hold out and stick with what I have.
I'm kinda eclectic as well when it comes to Pokemon, but I usually train my favorites after game completion.
Well I added Numel and Solrock to my team.

You would not believe how hard it is to beat Wattson (third gym leader) with just Grovyle and Skitty, mostly because of Magneton's duel type steel.
Yeah it is! If you had a Marshtomp though, you'd have the upper hand...
Actually I used a Combusken to beat Magneton and Aron to beat the others. I didn't have much trouble with this duo.
Well obviously, but without a fire or ground type, steel is nearly impossible to attack against. I managed to beat his Magneton though with a large amount of potions and the use of absorb on Grovyle.
When I picked Treecko the first time I went through the game, I had it learn Rock Smash which is super effective against steel. Still, that was one tough battle!
I was thinking about that, but it's an HM, which means you can't get rid of it, and I don't recall where the move deleter is either.
He's in Lilycove plus you can always breed new Treeckos if you think this one is wasted. I hated using it as well but it was obviously the only choice at the time. Steel has so many resistances.
You could catch a Geodude instead, since it learns the move Magnitude in lv.16 and it's pretty useful against all Electric Pokemon.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's