Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: my future team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am planning to make a stall team and i need your opinions first before i will make it. here it is!

jirachi
nature: jolly
item: choice scarf
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 speed/ 6 hp
moves:
u turn
iron head
stealth rock
trick

togekiss
nature: calm
item: leftovers
EVs: 252 hp/ 252 sp def/ 6 sp atk
moves:
air slash
thunder wave
aura sphere
roost

dusknoir
nature: impish
EVs: 252 hp/ 28 atk/ 228 defense
moves:
pain split
ice punch
EQ
will o wisp

breloom
nature: adamant
item: toxic orb
moves:
spore
focus punch
substitute
leech seed

jolteon
nature: timid
item: choice specs
EVs: 252 speed/ 252 sp atk/ 6 hp
moves:
thunderbolt
shadow ball
hidden power bug Sad
baton pass

kingdra
moves:
dragon dance
substitute
outrage
waterfall

hope u like it Big Grin
Glad to find a new RMT, let me try Wink

Jirachi:Standard lead jirachi nowadays and I'd say it works pretty well. Regarding the EPs, 176 in speed are enough to outspeed most common leads(aerodactyl,scarf brelloom,azelf) provided that you have 31IVs in speed. If you happen to have such IVs, you could add some EPs to HP.

Togekiss:It's ok, works nicely as a special wall and paraflinching can be really annoying. However, seeing that your team lucks an effective counter to scizor, I'd choose flamethrower instead of aura sphere.

Dusknoir:I've always liked dusknoir, however rotom formes have taken much of its previous glory. The moveset is pretty nice, seeing that your team lacks icemoves and burn support. Shadow sneak is always useful against things like gengar, but EQ is nice as well. Regarding the EPs now, note that the ones suggested on smogon(>.<) are valid only if you have 31IVs in the suggested stat. For example, 28AT EPs are enough to KO Heatran, only provided you have 31IVs in that stat. Unless you do, you should calculate how much EPs are needed depending on your IVs(1 IV=4EPs). In general, your EPs should depend on your IVs and not on plain guides.

Breloom:Brelloom is a great pokemon and this moveset is pretty standard. However, I'd like to note that since it is a subseeder set, such speed is not really needed. So, provided you have 31HP IVs, you could add 44HP EPs thus making your stat divisable by 8 and earning max HP recovery. 212 EPs in speed is generally enogh for outspeeding and setting up on things like suicune and (most times) gliscor.

Jolteon:I bet I've met this jolteon before Toungue Anyway, this jolteon works nicely and it has the electric attacks your teams lacked(as well as a great counter to gyarados). Regarding the moveset, it's ok, but since hp bug isn't the best thing available, I have a suggestion; you could consider using life orb instead of choice specs and putting agility instead of hp bug. Thus, you could provide extra speed to brelloom/kingdra and attemp a faster spore/sweep with outrage. At any case, choice specs doesn't work together with baton pass as well.

Kingdra:It is ok as well, though I'd like to know an ability. Since you're not using kingdra in rain you could go with sniper, though a critical hit outrage would dominate things anyways. Substitute is nice, but yawn could be used as well to cause more switches and set up at more ease.

Overall a nice team, though if you expect to play stall, I suggest including more kinds of entry hazards(spikes, toxic spikes etc). Tentacruel would be a great help spinning away things(stealth rock hits togekiss hard,toxic spikes -you lack steel types- and spikes hurt almost your whole team) and setting up toxic spikes. Skarmory would also work great giving you the ability to shuffle with roar as well as setting up spikes and provide you with a steel type.
Before I proceed to suggest anything,is this WiFi Team or Shoddy/Netbattle?
(06-09-2009 01:30 PM)Keratz Wrote: [ -> ]Before I proceed to suggest anything,is this WiFi Team or Shoddy/Netbattle?

wifi and shoddy team
(04-09-2009 10:20 AM)Chaos714 Wrote: [ -> ]breloom
item: toxic orb
moves:
spore
focus punch
substitute
leech seed

Can you tell me where did you found that set? I'm asking because my Breloom is exactly the same...(well not exactly, mine has 102 HP EP's and 156 Speed EP's)
Fact of the day, about 83% of Breloom in the world have the same set.

Ok, the percentage is random, but proves my point well enough.
I suggest you change hidden power bug with Hidden power ice on Joleton,for dragons and stuff.And substitute on kingdra can be replaced with e.g body slam for paralysis,although I am not sure if you want to be dependent on luck..
I'd like to talk about one pokemon I thought. It's pretty sipmle, but I wanted to hear your opinion on this.

Zangoose
Moveset:
i) Close Combat
ii) Night Slash
iii) Aerial Ace
iv) Taunt
EPs: 252Atk, 252Spd
Nature: Jolly (-SAtk, +Spd)
Item: Life orb

Close Combat: Effective against Rock and Steel types, which are immune to Normal.
Aerial Ace: Effective against Fight types who deal great damage to Normal Pokemon.
Night Slash: So that it can hit Ghost Pokemon, anaffected by Normal and Fight moves.
Taunt: An annoying move which weakens walls and pokemon which induse statuses to their opponents.
Reference URL's