Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: HP Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have quiet a problem that i cannot undestand. In Platinum, there's a guy in Veilstone who tells you your pokemon's Hidden Power Type. Well, he says that my Houndoom's hp is Electric. I tried it and it really is. But when i try to calculate the hp base power here (in your hp calculator), i put the IV's and it says that its hp is an Ice one. I tried the same for Lapras and the guy tells me that the hp is Grass while the calculator says it's Dragon. What is wrong??
You most likely don't know the exact IVs of your pokemon. If you try to calculate them in a low level the calculator won't be accurate and instead of specific IVs will show you for example 23-28, while your pokemon's IV is 25. As a result the HP and its base power cannot be accuretaly calculated. To do so, your pokemon has to be levelled up(lv 90-100 is ideal), when the calculator will be 100% accurate. Instead of levelling up you can enter a lv-100 wifi battle, which forces your pokemon to lv100 and enables you to see their stats.
The pokemon i talk about are already lev.100. That's the problem. I'm totally sure of the IV's...:/
If that's the case, are you sure you included the exact EPs and nature of your pokemon? Or maybe you did sth wrong with your EV training...
I personally have had no problems with the calculator and its hidden power calculations have always been right.
However, I'm pretty sure Arty2 can help with this(it's his calc after all).
I put the nature but not the eps. I didn't find it necessary to note down the exact Evs until now. Thanx anyway...
Quote:Hidden Power
This move has a variable Type and Base Power, depending on the user's IVs. You can edit the Average IVs and get different results from the defaults - the accuracy of your IVs is crucial. An easier and absolutely accurate way to determine a Pokémon's Hidden Power type, is to attack a wild Kecleon or talk to the Hidden Power guy in the GameCorner Prizes Building (Platinum only).

And yes, EPs do play a major rolein determining accurate IVs Smile
Haha...the problem i used to do.Then,i learned about EPs.
EPs are EVs,right?
(14-10-2009 12:57 PM)skorp Wrote: [ -> ]Haha...the problem i used to do.Then,i learned about EPs.
EPs are EVs,right?

(02-10-2009 03:15 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2009 03:07 PM)Saras Wrote: [ -> ]Δηλαδή EV και EP είναι το ίδιο?

Μπορείς να το πεις κι έτσι. EV είναι η μεταβλητή και EPs είναι η τιμή της ουσιαστικά. Αλλά ναι, είτε βλέπεις EV είτε EP, θεώρησέ το το ίδιο.

Blah.
Also, problem solved, thread isn't needed.
Reference URL's