Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Speeding up Your Computer .....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

solwilliam

This is a short guide that will walk you through a couple steps that will help speed up your computer.

1. Startup Processes

* Go to: Start>Run>Type "msconfig"(without the quotes)
* Go to the Startup Tab
* Uncheck any processes you don't use at startup(e.x. Quicktime, AIM, MSN)
* Click Apply then Restart

2. CCleaner
CCleaner is a great little application that deletes cookies, clears cache, empties your recycle bin, etc.

* Download CCleaner(from google)
* Iinstall CCleaner then Run Cleaner it(note: This will clear your cookies which means your saved passwords and usernames will be gone)
* Go to the Registry tab and Scan for Issues
{*]After its finished scanning click>Fix selected issues...>Fix All Selected Issues>Ok. Continue this process until scanning brings about no issues.

3. Bootvis.exe(only for windows)

* Download bootvis.exe(from google)
* Install bootvis.exe
* In the toolbar go to Trace>Optimize System. The system will reboot after 10 seconds.

haik4096

Ok, I’ve heard it all before.

Heres just some tricks I know that can increase your computers performance to new!
You can get any computer to run as good as a new computer, without upgrading, just using some ‘Spring Cleaning’ tips. Sure, at some point in time you’ll have to upgrade the RAM modules, or graphics card, or maybe even purchase a whole new computer package, but this will give you some added performance without spending the extra dollar.

Here we go!

* Uninstall ANY programs you don’t need
* Delete ANY files you don’t need (even if they are 250kb or less) – You can obtain highest disk performance when your hard drive space isn’t over 25% used.
* Use the disk clean-up option in Windows
* Use programs like Fast Cleaner - Most of these programs do the same thing, so any cleaning program should do just fine.
* TuneUp Utilities 2009 - Suggested by [TA]BAT
* Uniblue Power Suite - Another program like TuneUp, but this is a lot more advanced, best to have both programs together.
* PC Accelerator - Used by [TA]BAT to speed up his snail.
* Revo Uninstaller - Suggested by Rick, used by many others. Uninstall your programs completely using Revo, not just most of it using Windows uninstaller.

Once you have got rid of as much as you can:

* Defragment your hard drive <- A GOOD solution to speeding up your computer, but only works if you haven’t got a hard drive that’s full of junk

You can also use other ways to increase performance, not by much, but you’ll get that little bit extra by:

* Cleaning out your computer (ONLY if you know what you are doing, if you don’t you can destroy your computer quite easily)
* Supplying adequate cooling, keeping temperatures low, but not freezing.

I hope that helps.

ONLY post if you have some constructive feedback or some tips of your own
Disregarding the fact the the above users only posted for advertising purposes (hence their account was deleted), their tips actually are correct.
I can confirm that
Here is a best way to speed up of your computer, You just want to Free up disk space
The Disk Cleanup tool helps you free up space on your hard disk to improve the performance of your computer. Use Disk Cleanup to Remove temporary Internet files. Remove downloaded program files (such as Microsoft ActiveX controls and Java applets). Empty the Recycle Bin. Remove Windows temporary files such as error reports. Remove optional Windows components that you don't use. And last one is Remove unused restore points and shadow copies from System Restore.
I find the best way to speed up my computer is by defragmenting it.You can use the Windows Defrag Tool that can speed up your computer by miles, I recently ran it on my five year old Windows XP Machine and now it runs.
The best way, I think, is to run a defragmenting program. It cleans up all cluttered files.
Lol. They created an account to promote products?! WTF!

Dunno the English translation, but it's necessary to do a (ανασυγκρώτηση) once or twice a year.
He means Reconstruction.That's what google translator said.
Defragmentation. :/ Click on the "Disk Defragmenter" icon and KABOOM!

[Image: 2e4izon.png]
Reference URL's