Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Breeding changes in HG/SS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,I was just getting informed about Pokemon news and saw something that seems really interesting.

Just like G/S introduced breeding to the series,HG/SS introduce a new,more accurate way to IV breed(=breed for Pokemon with good IVs).

In D/P/Pt,the IVs inherited were selected like in Emerald,like this:

Click here (Click to View)
However,in HG/SS,there is an easy way to choose up to 2 of the IVs inherited by the parents,and by which of the 2!The rest are inherited like previously.

To do this,you just make the parent whose IV you want passed hold the power item corresponding to this stat.This means that if you want to have 2 stats inherited,you lose the opportunity of using the everstone for the nature too,but this is not too big of a lose.

The power items are:

Name Stat Inherited
Power Anklet Speed
Power Band Special Defense
Power Belt Defense
Power Bracer Attack
Power Lens Special Attack
Power Weight Hit Points

What else changed in HG/SS is the new egg moves,which I think have already been covered in the main site.

Some of you may have already read about this,but I felt like it needed a thread to be discussed.

PS.Thanks to Serebii and Bulbapedia for giving me the info for this thread.
PS2.Never mind the other way to influence IVs some of you know Toungue.
I was really surprised when I first heard of this. It seems Nintendo is making breeding easier and easier each generation. From the totally random breeding in R/S to a point where you can determine exact IVs.
I hope that such a change will motivate people to actually breed their pokemon, rather than using pokesav or abusing the RNG. However, its impact isn't that huge on competitive play, where you generally need 2 or more perfect stats(talking about myself). I'd rather if they made it possible to pass more than 3 stats via breeding. Still, breeding becomes a lot easier, especially with pokemon with dual abilities, where you will have greater chances of breeding one with perfect IV and decent ability.

In other news, the new breeding moves seem really sweet. Quagsire with recover, aggron with head smash and whisash/tropius with ddance all sound great. I'm sure though that they won't affect the metagame too much(when compared to BP Scizor, Outrage Salamence etc)
Hitting 4 perfect IVs seems extremely easy now, and since the RNG of HG/SS will be cracked at some point, controlling the nature-gender-ability won't be a problem at all. Nice addition, they are actually trying to prevent people from Pokésaving stuff by making breeding easier imo. The reason could be because judges at tournaments can't tell if a Pokémon is sav'd or not. Toungue

Also, Megahorn Absol, I don't care if the move adds nothing, it's just awesome. Big Grin
I was actually wondering if the new addition is linked with the previous breeding methods. For example: you give one parent a power anklet, thus making sure that the baby will get the speed IV. Wil then 3 more stats(other than speed) be passed down or the baby will get the speed plus only 2 other ones.
If the first applies, 4 perfect IVs will no longer be a distant dream(especially for me, as I cannot get my pokemon's secret ID or abuse the RNG)
what is the secret id and rng abusing?(proti fora ta akouo ke ta dio)
NM2 Wrote:Since the RNG of HG/SS will be cracked at some point,

I talked with LightingFusion, one of Smogon's RNG researchers, shortly after he got HGSS, and he told me that the RNG in Platinum was very similar to that of DPPt. There were a few differences, such as the delay being 480-500+ instead of 590-610+ and method 1 had a few extra strings attached, but other than that, they exactly the same. There's probably another catch or two, but that's what he could tell me at the time.

I'm actually thrilled to use this. I know getting Hidden Power IVs can be a pain, but this would simplify it a bit. It would also allow us RNG abusers to take sub-par spreads and turn them into flawless / Hidden Power ones. All the more reason to get HG/SS when it comes out in English.
(31-10-2009 06:07 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]
NM2 Wrote:Since the RNG of HG/SS will be cracked at some point,

I talked with LightingFusion, one of Smogon's RNG researchers, shortly after he got HGSS, and he told me that the RNG in Platinum was very similar to that of DPPt. There were a few differences, such as the delay being 480-500+ instead of 590-610+ and method 1 had a few extra strings attached, but other than that, they exactly the same. There's probably another catch or two, but that's what he could tell me at the time.

I'm actually thrilled to use this. I know getting Hidden Power IVs can be a pain, but this would simplify it a bit. It would also allow us RNG abusers to take sub-par spreads and turn them into flawless / Hidden Power ones. All the more reason to get HG/SS when it comes out in English.

What's an RNG abuse i didn't get a thing of what you said
sorry for not answering your question ChrisGate, check this link out and read all the sections of the article: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_intro

It contains all the information you will need for RNG abuse. If you're interested and you want to try RNG abuse, download this program: http://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter.htm

It might take a while, but once you get the hang of it, getting the Pokemon is really easy.
(31-10-2009 04:01 PM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for not answering your question ChrisGate, check this link out and read all the sections of the article: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_intro

It contains all the information you will need for RNG abuse. If you're interested and you want to try RNG abuse, download this program: http://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter.htm

It might take a while, but once you get the hang of it, getting the Pokemon is really easy.

thanks
These breeding changes will be great.Although you don't have to put a Power Item to both of your Pokemon.You only put it to the male and you put an Everstone at the female but only if you want the new Pokemon to get the female's nature!
Reference URL's