Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: My very first competitive team plz rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aero @ focus sash - eq, rock slide, taunt, stealth
skarm @ leftovers - spikes, whirlwind, brave bird, roost
ttar @ expert belt - DD, eq, stone edge, crunch
empoleon @ quick claw - surf, ice beam, grass knot, roar
scizor @ LO - SD, bullet, brick break, roost
heatran @ choice scarf - fire blast, earth power, dragon pulse, explosion

i will upload later the stats of most of these Big Grin
I'm not an expert,but I think you should change your team arourn a little.I can spot some weak points:
3 Pokemon are weak to Electric-type moves (Aerodactyl,Skarmory and Empoleon)
3 Pokemon are weak to Fighting-type moves (Tyranitar,Empoleon and Heatran-and Skarmory when it uses Roost)
3 Pokemon are weak to Water-type moves (Aerodactyl,Tyranitar and Heatran)
3 Pokemon are weak to Ground-type moves (Tyarnitar,Empoleon and Heatran-and Skarmory when it uses Roost)

Also,you have many Physical Sweepers and I can't see a Special Wall.

Additonally,I don't think that Earthquake on Tyranitar is a good idea.You could tech it Fire Punch or ThunderPunch instead of Earthquake.You already have two Pokemon with a Ground-type move (Aerodactyl-Earthquake and Heatran-Earth Power).Skarmory's Brave Bird shouldn't be there too,imo.Fly is a really better choice,since Skarmory holds Leftovers,plus when Sandstorm is set up your opponent might receive damage while you are in the air.Also,I'm not sure if Brick Break is a good choice for Scizor.Superpower is more powerful,but after using it your Attack and Defense stats drop.That wouldn't matter if you were to switch it out,but after a Swords Dance you won't want to switch it out.

Now,about the items.Quick Claw on Empoleon is pretty risky.I would choose an item that always works.Tyranitar's Expert Belt could be replaced with a Babiri Berry.

As I said,I'm not an expert,so I might have done some mistakes.
An Aerodactyl with that set is the most predictable Pokemon EVER.

I suggest giving your Tyranitar the elemental Punches and Aerial Ace to counter Fighters.

(That team is obviously from Smogon, right ?)

And please post natures, abilities and EV spread so we can accurately rate your team.
Empoleon could learn Stealth Rock instead of Grass Knot and Swords Dance and Aqua Jet instead of Surf and Ice Beam.
(05-06-2010 04:10 PM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]An Aerodactyl with that set is the most predictable Pokemon EVER.

Yeah, but it is also the most trustworthy lead in terms of placing Stealth Rock.
Actually no, there are many other leads who can put Stealth Rock and also be used for other things, all Aerodactyl does is put up Stealth Rock on the first turn, survive using a Focus Sash, use a move and then die.

There are leads with defensive abilities that can survive many hits and also deliver some.
Aerodactyl is a suicide lead,all it's meant to done is prevent the opponent from setting up with Taunt and set up its own SR.If it ever does something more,it's a plus.
I tend yo use Aerodactyl mid-game.
Reference URL's