Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: A Tribute To Legendary Pokemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I realize that many of you probably have no clue who I am. In fact, I expect many of the older members to have forgotten who I am. Of course, I am treecko3453, but that's beside the point. However, I do hope that some of you all remember me. It has been a long time since I've been on the forum, more than a year I believe, and a lot has certainly changed since then. Along with a new layout come new faces. Yet looking at this forum now, I still feel the comfort that I did a while ago.

The purpose of this is, obviously, is to give a little feedback to the site. Well, that is a lie. I intend to inform all members, from Arty2 to the newest one, how exactly this forum has affected me, in retrospect.

You see, this forum was the very first forum that I had ever been on. I was 13 ( I'll be 17 in April, so 4 years ago I presume) and I had recently figured out the joys of pokemon on the Internet. Even serebii was unknown to me. I eventually found this site, and I must say, it certainly is legendary. This forum was mind-blowing, at least for me. It gave me a very stable bearing on pokemon, in competiive battling, in art work (which I would call my specialty), and most importantly as a priceless pastime. This forum made me love pokemon more than ever. Something about the members here, the unity of bein pokemon trainers. This is especially true for me, as at the time, pokemon was frowned upon in my school (and I should expect many places elsewhere). I had people to talk to about the one game that utterly swept me off of my feet. I made many friends here, rivaling the somewhat minute amount I had as a middle schooler. This place made me happy. It was sort of like my home away from both my tangible home and pallet town. One summer especially, when I was dragged away from my home to stay with my... decrepit, and thus, stereotypically boring aunt, this forum provided me with many smiles and sleepless nights, coupled with the meeting of new people and the addition of new facts to learn about my favorite games. Some people say that the Internet is not very productive, a procrastination mechanism. I beg to differ, especially if forums like legendary pokemon exist. One of my absolute favorite things here was the Fan Art section, where an inundation of talent exists. I began to sprite because of this site, and I still do today, that is when I don't have any homework (which is, unfortunately, a rare gift). In extension, i developed a love for art as a result from spriting. I play close attention to detail now, another result of spriting. The forum games here were particularly entertaining as well, especially the Doom Desire Game.

But I suppose I can't just leave out all of the... bad. The wasn't much, but what little there was, in retrospect, I would take much of the blame. I'm going to be frank: I was an arrogant little booger when I first came, and while it diminished over my membership, it's still evident in many of my final posts. I got into a few arguments, mainly because of my arrogance, and I was punished a few times! I remember I sent a mean PM to someone once.... I couldn't have an avatar for a while. Regardless, I shall say again, my past personality issues were the main catalyst for arguments and fights between myself and another member. I got into a terrible argument with my "forum best friend" (a member named "Aluado", who doesn't seem to be around any longer...) because of it... But this is yet another way this forum has changed me: now, if anything else, I have very litte confidence! That leads to modesty, so I assume that that's a good thing (in juxtaposition; by itself, it's not amazing to be modest). The fight with my "forum best friend" was the main cause of my radical transformation. I believe myself to have become much more mature, openly accepting criticism and keeping my cool in most situations.

On the the subject of personality, this forum gave me much courage. Before this site, I wouldn't dare talk about pokemon, scrambling to put my posters away when a friend came over. But by talking to fellow pokemon lovers, I eventually learned that real friends really shouldn't care. Now, I'm a publc fanatic, talking about pokemon to the epic top if my lungs. And I'm also a strong defender, immediatly smashing down all insults against the game that occupies my dreams. This courage for pokemon has lead to courage for other things, mainly expressing radical opinions.

The above things may seem superficial to some, but to people who know me, the changes in me are EXTREMELY evident. This forum made me a better person, I guess one could say. What this forum is to me.... a paradise that I looked forward to visiting after school, a launch pad into the magnificent world known as Pokemon, a home that's forever accepting and unfailingly pleasant... That's what legendary pokemon is. A home. This forum has never left my mind or my heart, and has always been my favorite site. And of course, most readers of this will not fully understand how a simple forum can infinitely please and change a person. But that's me for you! That's treecko3453... a weird kid. And hopefully a weird kid that'll return home once again.

A final word: I love legendary pokemon forums. Just in case you didn't realize.
We often don't notice how things change around us while years pass. It is therefore beneficial to pause for a moment and reflect upon the journey - how we reached here.

I'm pretty sure that we all pursue to improve ourselves and I'm glad to see that beyond any theoritical assumptions, this very forum -as formed by its users- does indeed provide a means of progress through communication with people sharing the same interests.

It will be good to have you back treecko, be well.
Welcome back I suppose,the best thread I have seen in a while,although it does seem a bit melodramatic,I guess it's just how you feel.As for your forum best friend as you say,Aluado,he'll probably be back in about a year if he's still interested in Pokemon Smile.
That's a thread I think that I can pretty much relate to. I've been around for like... 3 years? Never have I thought how much people I've only talked through via the Internet affected my life, but looking back, it's really true that people and various situations here have influenced my life and personality along with things that have happened in my life in general.

And I guess that's also true for other members that spend a lot of time here and communicate with other people, share their common interests and even create friendships.

Why yes, that's an interesting topic here, as GS above said, and -hopefully- welcome back treecko3453 :>
I love this forum like treeko3453.It's imposible for me to talk with my friends adout pokemon. They don't even know them.....when I found this forum I was so happy!Pokemon are my favourite but if I said to my friends that I like pokemon.....everyone would laugh at me.So here I feel better.
Well, I've tried to think quite some times how my life would have been if I hadn't bought that magazine back in September 2006. I'd have never learnt about the 10th anniversary events, I'd have never met Eraleas there and I would have probably just ignored this site, even Pokémon in general. Since then though, I've been here for 3 years and a half and I'm more than satisfied I decided to become active here. Not only did I find people with similar interests who I could talk to, but also some of my best friends nowadays. That's actually the main reason I'm still visiting the site and forums daily, there are tons of Pokémon forums in the net, however I chose this one because of its members.

As for Aluado now, arguments are always part of the game (I lost) and as long as one learns from their mistakes, they are not all that terrible. What I know though is that the forum needs both of you back, good ol' members are missed while away. Smile

(25-02-2010 09:53 PM)LuXray Wrote: [ -> ]Pokemon are my favourite but if I said to my friends that I like pokemon.....everyone would laugh at me.So here I feel better.

About that. What the hell, what is the "normal" age for your average Pokémon player nowadays?! You're 12 years old and your friends will laugh at you? WHY?! It's just not normal in my opinion, just tell them and get them into Pokémon, I can't see how a 12 year-old will mock the game.
(25-02-2010 10:23 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]what is the "normal" age for your average Pokémon player nowadays?!

And since it's about Greece, they barely even understand the complexity of english in the games anyway! Duh!
I wowI have been wanting to rread this now that i actually have i think i may have been a litle arogant as well. I just neede to get use to some of the peopls humor here and now i kinda find some of the humor funny. The day i reached 100 post i was really happy. These forums also dragged me out of becoming emo 2 months ago. Emo means that we hate life and ourselfs and they cut them selves very bad. Anyway this site and its members are very friendly. I have had a golden instant messageing moment with the wise and smart arty2. I am working on my own forums but i dont think anyone here would post in them.
I don't know if there's a thread like this one but I thought that I should make one. I've seen other forums and I haven't really liked them, but this forum is the best I found (in my opinion) the people in this place are good to talk to and it's so much easier to get around and understand than the other sites. It's also helped men find people to help me a lot with my games unlike the other forums I went to. So thankes to the webmasterand everyone else that makes this such an awesome site. Pleasepost your thoughts.Big Grin
I know that this might not be read by other members since no one has read this thread in a while but like luxray if I had to tell my friends that I liked pokemonthey would laugh at me. I know that pokemon might seem childish but it's something that really enjoy watching, playing and talking about. I liven South Africa (I'm French though) and no one I know plays Pokemon Sad I really wish that there was someone over here that I could play Pokemon with. This place is the only place that I can really talk about Pokemon freely. I hope that I might find other people living in South Africa or even Africa for that matter. Anyway if you do live anywhere in Africa please pm me, and thank you to Arty2 for making LP.
South Africa, huh? There was a time, here, in Greece, when you would go out in your neighborhood and EVERY single kid would carry a GameBoy Color and a copy of a Pokemon Version. I'm glad I lived that golden age...

About the "laughing at me" thing... I've experienced the same situation multiple times, but I don't really care. I just know that there's a big misunderstanding concerning the target groups of videogames and people underestimate them. They think that it's a childish hobby and laugh at anything dubbed "videogame".

I remembered just now the Head of Marketing Dept. of Nintendo greece, saying that his father would boast of his son being a journalist in a newspaper as a college student. Now that he has claimed such a job that has to do with videogames, that same father doesn't seem as proud for his son as he used to be. Tragic, really...
Legendarypokemon has been part of my life since 2005. I am glad I met all of you people but now I have to leave in order to fulfil my military duties. See you in 9 months!

kris2020

i love to talk about Pokemon i have seen all the episodes. and i would like to be here as a member, let me in guys!
I personally think you have to be older in order to appreciate the complexity of Pokemon.
It's more than just winning battles. It's bonding with your Pokemon, learning type match-ups, devising a good battle strategy, and it strengthens your reasoning/problem solving skills. Pokemon is an integral part of my life and I hope to make this forum a part of it as well. I really enjoy the discussions, the crazy games, and the overall persona of the website.
That said, the LEGENDARY POKEMON FORUMS RULE!!!!
Reference URL's