Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Tell Me A Good Moveset For My PokEmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Its Me.I Wonder If There Is A Good Moveset For My HG/SS Pokemon...Just Because My Friends Put Only Atacks For Example (Ice Beam,Hyper,Flame,Surf)And They Force Me To Do....On The Forum I See That Stat Moves Are Great So TELL Me A Good Move Set For:
Ampharos
Typhlosion or Feraligatr
Ho-Oh
Lugia
And Tell Me Some Other Good Pokemons...
ho-oh: fly,sacred fire, aerial ace , feather dance(???)
Feraligatr - Adamant/Jolly
EPs: Atk 252,Spd [as many as it needs to reach 249],HP [rest]

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

With 249 in speed it can outrun even a Sceptile (max speed) after a Dragon Dance.It works like Gyarados.Dragon Dance and then sweep.It is really useful in UU battles,as well as in in-game battles.

Lugia

1.In-game

Surf
Aeroblast/Fly
Psychic
Whatever you want (I recommend Reflect or Roost)

2.In competetive battling
Bold
EPs:HP 252,[take a look at smogon]

Reflect
Toxic
Roost
Psychic/Ice Beam/Surf

Well ok,this is what I could think of.These two aren't the best movesets ever,but I hope I helped Big Grin
Thanks A Lot This Sounds Nice
And Start:

Sweeper

Ampharos
Hasty/Naive@Expert Belt/Life Orb
252 Speed/162 Sp.Attack/96 Attack

Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
Hidden Power[Grass]
Signal Beam
Fire Punch

This one can do well on UU envoirment 'cause of it's quite big type Coverage hitting 10 out of 17 types Expert Belt is an option, but there is Life orb to increace the power but it will make your HP drop each time you attack.

Thunderbolt: Obvious choice, with 95 Base Power that increases to 142,5 with STAB it is a good option, but there is and

Charge Beam: may have less Base Power(only 50!) but the side effect is not something to be overlooked: 70% of Sp.Attack raising!

Hidden Power[Grass]:Ampharos' only way to deal with the Ground and Rock types that will try to wall you.

Signal Beam:Just for type coverage and deal with Psychic or Dark-type pokemons that you may encounter in UU enviorment

Fire Punch:Again for type coverage and dealing with Steel and Ice types

Support
Ampharos
Bold@Light Clay/Leftovers
252 HP/184 Defence/74 Sp.Defence

Light Screen
Reflect
Hidden Power[Grass]/Rest
Thunderbolt

Ampharos has access to both Light Screen and Reflect that makes it a good Supporter and what's best from Light Clay as an Item? Although, if you don't want to use Rest, Leftovers is prefered, cause Ampharos doesn't have any way to recover HP.

Light Screen and Reflect for Surpressing the Damage, and after these Ampharos is most likely to be Changed.

Hidden Power[Grass]: the Ground Types that will come to ruin you will be knocked out after one or two Hidden Powers, if behind Reflect!

Rest:If you don't want Leftovers, Rest is better, cause you will have no way to heal up

Thunderbolt:No explanation needed

Feraligatr: Whatever Spyros said, but Adamant Nature is better for meWink

Typhlosion
Naive@Expert Belt
252 Speed/184 Attack/74 Sp.Attack

Flamethrower
Hidden Power[Grass]/[Ground]
Thunderpunch
Brick Break

Hitting 10 out of 17 Types with Hidden Power Grass and 12 with HP Ground, I believe that Expert Belt is the best item option for this set, while he takes 25% damage from Stealth rock, Life orb is not an option here.

Flamethrower:95 Power STAB move that heats up to 142,5 with STAB fired from a Special Attack of 272 can deal serious damage, while with weakness, the power is 2,4 times greater due to expert belt if 2X weakness and 4,8 if 4X weakness

Hidden Power[Grass]/[Ground]:Hitting the Rock types that will try to kill you from the Special side, is something that will make them think again before coming out.

Brick Break:I think that it is better than Focus Blast, 'cause it can 2HKO a SP.Def trained Blissey, while fired from an attack stat of 250.

Thunderpunch:Dealing with the Water types that will come to block your way and killing Flying types easier.

You may think that if with Hidden Power Ground hits more types, then why use HP Grass? 'cause it can deal with Quagsire or Whiscash that can easily wall you without Hidden Power Grass.

Typhlosion was a Hard one, 'cause of it's small movepool, I couldn't think something better...

Wall
Lugia
Bold@Leftovers
252 HP/204 Speed/54 Defence

Calm Mind
Reflect
Roost
Ice Beam

Calm Mind: Lugia has alredy terrific Sp.Defence Stat and the Idea of boosting it is not bad at all, and it also boosts the power of Ice BeamWink

Reflect:A 130 Base Defence stat cannot do something better than being higher and Reflect does exactly this, and after a couple of CMs Lugia is imperial!

Roost:this move does not only recovers HP, it also gets rid of the Flying type, powering down Kyogre's Thunder and Groudon's Stone Edge

Ice Beam:After a couple of CM, this move can take down every pokemon that is not resistant to it.

For Lugia, thank NM2, 'cause I copied the set from our Pokemon Of The Week.

Hope I helped!
Pikachu
I saw it in your signature, so I guessed that you like it. Here goes:

1) Thunderbolt
2) Surf (Surf Pikachu only from Battle Revolution or HG and SS through PokeWalker)
3) Hidden Power Fire
4) Thunder Wave
Nature: Timid
Item: Light Ball
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd

Thunderbolt: A move that every Electric Special Sweeper must have. Reliable accuracy, great power and STAB.
Surf: Can damage Pokemon immune to Thunderbolt (Rock and Ground) and those who can resist it.
HD Fire: It can inflict a good amount of damage to those who resist both previous moves (Grass).
Thunder Wave: Since the attacking moves can put up a good show, the last slot can be given to a move which will support you. Try using it if your prediction is good enough to tell you that your opponent is going to switch his pokemon.
i have a surf pikachu if you want for this moveset.Smile
Hero Of Time noticed that you have Pikachu on your sig (I hadn't noticed that Toungue).A really great set for Pikachu could be the following:

Pikachu
Nature:Hasty/Naive - EPs:128 Atk,128 SpAtk,252 Spd
Item:Light Ball

Moves:
Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Grass Knot
Fake Out

It is pretty fast and can inflict serious damage to the opponent since its offensive stats are doubled because of Light Ball.

I could explain it a little bit,but I'm not in such a good mood so,when I'm ok I'll edit my post.
Well, let me try explain Spyros' Moveset:

Item: Light Ball;In D/P/Pt, Light Ball, increases both Attack and Sp.Attack Stat making him both Physical and Special Sweeper 'cause it has a very good Speed Stat.

Nature: Naive; Pikachu is a Mixed Sweeper in this set, so no offensive Stat must be lowered and speed stat must be as high as possible, so Hasty/Naive Nature are the best.

EP's:252 Speed/128 Attack/128 Sp.Attack; First, you need MAX speed so 252 EP's in Speed is a must. I think, that you should invest more EP's in Sp.Attack than seperating them equally, while Pikachu's Attack Stat is greater than the Sp.Attack Stat.

Attacks:

Thunderbolt:Pikachu's BEST Electric move, 'cause with STAB it has 142,5 Base Power, very good for Sweeping and it deals easier with Skarmory than Thunderpunch, it has no recoil while Volt Tackle has and it is more accurate than Thunder.

Brick Break: I think that Hidden Power[Fighting] is better, 'cause the Steel and Rock types Brick Break deals with, have higher Defence Stat from Sp.Defence Stat, but it is still an option, if you cannot get HP[Fighting] and for breaking Light Screen and/or Reflect

Grass Knot: Dealing with Ground types that will show up to wall you, and being exactly the reverse of the word "heavy" (only 13 libs) it gets max Power most of the times, while these pokemons are overweigh!

Fake Out: I think that this move is useless... you flinch the opponent for the first turn only and then what?... I think that an option for the last slot is Signal Beam, cause it hits hard the Psychic, Dark and GRASS types that may become a problem(especially Grass)

Am I right?
Yup.You're right Johan.As for Fake Out,I just couldn't think of something better at the moment.Another option could be Substitute.Also,note that you shouldn't have any set-up moves on Pikachu (like Nasty Plot) because,simply Pikachu has no time to set up.It has to hit immediately.
Reference URL's