Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Return of the King Tournament Sign-Ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Welcome to The Return of the King Tournament that will soon happen on Shoddy Battle.
(if you're curious about the name,the King is Garchomp Toungue )

This is going to be a standard OU tournament except for one little thing;Garchomp will be allowed.

The number of participants will be determined by the amount of registrations by the 16th of April,and the tournament will start on the 17th.

This is going to be a single knock-out tournament,but the brackets will have to be customized in a way so that nobody will have to be deprived of the possibility of participating.

The rules are as following:

#Banned Pokemon list

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Shaymin-S
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

Garchomp is as previously stated allowed,and so is Latias (this is meant to create some balance too).

#Species Clause

* You cannot have more than one of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
o Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.

# Sleep Clause

* You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.

# Evasion Clause

* A Pokémon cannot use Double Team or Minimize.

# OHKO Clause

* A Pokémon cannot use Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.

# Self-KO Clause

* If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
*If recoil damage forces a tie,this is a draw and the match shall be redone.Keep in mind shoddy does not show recoil damage after the match ends,so always calculate it if it ends 1-0.

# Soul Dew Clause

* Latias is not allowed to hold Soul Dew.

Additional notes:

1)I will both host the tournament and play in it.

2)If you think Garchomp is Uber and don't want to play in this tournament,then don't.

3)It is not obligatory but it is encouraged that you keep logs and teams you use so that we can use them after the tournament ends to draw some conlusions and statistics,as well as enjoy some nice battles' logs.

4)You are free to change the team you use every round.

5)Each round will have a dead-line of about 1 week during which matches should be conducted.

6)PMs/msn/LP's chat should be used to schedule matches so that this thread is not full of spam.

If I've forgotten anything,it will be edited in later.Feel free to submit your questions and registrations.

@Admins:I assume it's ok if I have you lock this thread when round 1 is on and do the same after every turn?

1)GeorgeSlayer
2)pokefan31395
3)Chaos714
4)JuanDeLolo
5)Grovyle_Fan
6)Ninjomewtwo
7)Garam
8)odisseas
9)Spyros

Final
[Image: 30djs48.png]
Sign me up Big Grin
sign me up too!

edit: only OU pokemon are allowed?
I am in!Also how long will the tournament last?
(06-04-2010 03:34 PM)Chaos714 Wrote: [ -> ]edit: only OU pokemon are allowed?

Anything other than the banned Pokemon list.

(06-04-2010 03:40 PM)golden charizard Wrote: [ -> ]Also how long will the tournament last?

Depends on the number of participants.Probably about the number of rounds required x 1 week,that's the max.
Count me in as well. It's quite some time since I last faced a garchomp Toungue
Sure, I always supported Garchomp's OUness. I guess I'll play.

Btw, just for the sake of clarifying it, Garchomp is just allowed, not obligatory, right?
Yep,it is of course not obligatory,although I guess most people will use it either way Toungue.
Ok,since GS was so persistent to make me join (he knows I'm bored to make a new team,but thats GS Toungue)....so,I'll join too i guess
Is it on Shoddy??? Why so? To tell you the truth I'd be in for a tourney but I just don't fancy downloading programmes... Is it safe/easy/of-a-big-size?
It looks really interesting! I cant miss it! Count me in GS!!Big Grin

P.S
Quote:I will both host the tournament and play in it.

Oh no. I wish this was an April Fools Day joke. I predict we will battle.
Again....

lolToungue
(06-04-2010 10:33 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]Is it on Shoddy??? Why so? To tell you the truth I'd be in for a tourney but I just don't fancy downloading programmes... Is it safe/easy/of-a-big-size?

Safe,easy,and only a few kilobytes.Let me know about your decision Smile.
I'm in too.Nine participants so far...
Hmmm... And where can I download Shoddy Battle? I make an account or something?

Sorry for the spam, I need to know everything :S
Try downloading it here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's