Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The most historic Nintendo Franchise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all love Pokemon. We also love Nintendo and we may know some amazing franchises. Throughout Ninty's video gaming story there have been quite some franchises known for their outstanding games. Some are newer ones. Vote for the one that has brought a gaming revolution, but think twice before voting!

After we get the results and we can distinguish the true winner, I'm gonna post a new poll thread.
Mario ofc!! The most epic platform game...
Mario by far... It's one of the first games nintendo had published and people still play with it... and to be honest, Mario was my first game I have ever played, I growed playing Mario and I keep playing...

Mario 4 life... Wink
pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just can't live without pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree with luXray I think that pokemon is nintendos biggest achievement was pokemon i asked 10 people will not reveal name and 6 out of ten first thought of pokemon when the word nintendo was written.
well,i voted pokemon but i changed my mind into Mario xP
Sorry for the following statement because it may sound rude: Have you EVER played a Zelda game before? Have you been learning the games that became roaring successes in the past? Do you know Samus Aran? Did you travel the space with good ol' Mario? I think not or at least almost not.

What I mean is that we have to be unbiased and have some knowledge before responding to such a question. I would never vote for Pokemon. They just boast an excellent RPG experience. Instead, the Zelda games (you've guessed it right, I voted for them) have changed radically the gaming industry. I shall explain a bit...

Back in the NES period, "The Legend of Zelda" was a real adventure. The most usual genre was the platform genre. "The Legend of Zelda" did make a difference.
Next, in the SNES period, "The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past" was a revolution. Epic adventure combined with countless of sidequests. Pure magic.
Then we have Ocarina of Time. The series finally made it to the 3 dimensions while retaining the quality of its predecessor. I think that this is the benchmark for many (if not every) Action-Adventure games. Follow-up was Majora's Mask for the more hardcore-inclined gamers and those who enjoyed the sidequests.
Up to now the series has had amazing entries. The cel-shaded games were the same bunch with a charming environment. Now we are looking forward to the to-be-released Zelda Wii game. It will be a whole different kettle of fish, acoording to Miyamoto of course.

Still, it's a poll so you can always vote what YOU want. On the other hand though, I was impressed by the curent results [with Pokemon being the winner (!)].
I may love pokemon but I can't deny the fact that super mario is the best franchise in history of all the video-games
The legend of zelda-2 votes
Oh come on you guys, link is the hero of time!!!
I'm voting for Mario since it's the one most people know and have been influenced by (or maybe they haven't Toungue ).But I still personally like Pokemon more.
Even though I really like Legend of Zelda and have played Pokemon for years, I have to go with Mario. A revolutionary franchise and an addictive game that has entertained people for years.
Super Mario 64 was also the desicive step towards 3D gaming, which Ocarina of Time perfected(at least for that time...)

Pokemon though has to be my favourite being closely linked to my childhood :>
To be honest, I was going to vote either Mario or Zelda. But in the end I chose Zelda Toungue.

Mario has indeed brought a revolution, not just in the gaming industry, but in real life as well. Have you ever visited a clothes shop and seen some Koopa-like turtles on the clothes? Or you may have seen the countless fake Mario platform games. Oh, and I have a 1up T-shirt.

It's-a-him, Mario!
All of those games are really good.But I voted for Mario.My first Mario game was 12 years ago and since today I keep playing Mario.Btw I expected to see Sonic too.
PS.Mario is 30-32 years old.
(11-05-2010 10:57 PM)skorp Wrote: [ -> ]Btw I expected to see Sonic too.

Sonic is SEGA's franchise, not Nintendo's.
Does it really matter?I always thought sega and nintendo were something like the same thing.
I don't know.I played some Sonic games on ds and liked them.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's