Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: A suggestion regarding the forums language.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that most of the forum users are Greek/speak Greek, but what about those who speak English and don't know how to speak Greek (me), Most of the topics are in Greek, and even if there are some English threads and topics, they're not active.

So what im suggesting here is, why not make all the members speak English so the visitors and the members can understand each other ?
because not everybody speaks english fluently. But i think you have a point...
Well, I know it can be annoying for a foreign member, but there are a lot of people in here who don't speak English fluently as Link said, we can't ignore them, considering the majority of our members are Greek. However, if a Greek member starts a thread about something, it is up to them to open it either in the Greek or English part of the forum. So, what I'd like to ask is, if a thread has no reason to be opened in the Greek part of the forum, prefer opening it in English. "Rate my team"-like threads or ones about a specific video game will only get more answers in the english section and members will get more help. At least that's what I think. But still, it's up to them.
At least they know how to speak English.

Then why not use it !?
Creating bilingual community was a tough call, but I am pretty confident that it worked in our favour.

The obvious objective of this forum was to provide a discussion area for a pre-existing english website. One of our objectives was to create a place to help unite the Greek Pokemon community.

Most national websites seem to just stick to their native language but a lot of the content on the remains inaccessible to the rest of the fandom; we tried to mix the best of both worlds instead.

Apparently there's little activity over the english part of this forum, but I doubt that has anything to do with language barriers. There's just little activity around.
People tend to gather at the most popular places; it works like yeast. They wander off when they feel the need to expand their horizons and learn something new, and that's what we're here for.

We're just not a Starbucks, we're a friendly neighborhood café Smile
Actually i don't like those "popular places" cause they're usually too crowdy.

Thats why i joined LP in the first place, its quite and it has a nice community. :3
(06-06-2010 12:00 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]We're just not a Starbucks, we're a friendly neighborhood café Smile

I liked that, works with the "Your first stop after you wake up" line from the main page. Toungue

(06-06-2010 01:13 AM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]Thats why i joined LP in the first place, its quite and it has a nice community. :3

That's good to hear. Smile
Reference URL's