Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: My 2nd attempt to make a team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Infernape @ Focus Sash [lead]
Jolly Nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ U-Turn
~ Stealth Rock
~ Mach Punch
~ ThunderPunch
This guy's problem is with the most common leads, Aerodactyl, and Aerodactyl's Speed and Power are enough to OHKO Infernape, that's why i have a Focus Sash, and that's why i have ThunderPunch and Mach Punch. Smile The nature's Jolly cause i'm gonna have to need Speed the most, and i don't need SpA, so there.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Impish nature.
255 Def / 255 Atk [im thinking of 126 Def/126 SpD]
~ Explosion
~ Hammer Arm
~ Bullet Punch
~ Earthquake
Mid-game Tank, (Wall/Sweeper, this is why i gave him (will give him, actually) Atk and Spe EVs) this guy's role is deliver as many hits as possible before dying, and I have Explosion as a last before-dying move.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish nature.
200 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 58 Atk
~ Curse
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Pain Split
The ultimate sweeper, 200 HP to bulk him up, split 252 EVs into 126 for both SpD and Def, and put the rest into Atk to give him a Shadow Sneak boost, Curse + Pain Split will be this guy's main role, i have Will-O-Wisp to make the foe weaker and deliver a heavy burn, and Shadow Sneak to try and kill the foe before it kills me.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid nature.
255 SpA / 255 Spe
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover
The ultimate sweeper. Alongside it's nice Def and SpD, Recover is there to cancel 2KO moves, Rapid Spin is there to cancel Stealth Rock and such (although thinking of replacing it, my team isn't that weak to Stealth Rocks), Surf is there for a heavy boost, and with 255 SpA EVs and 255 Spe EVs, it can outspeed most Pokemon and deliver a heavy STAB. Ice Beam is there for Dragon-, Grass- and Flying-types.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ Low Kick
Yeah, the old set from smogon, just replaced Cross Chop with Low Kick.

Sceptile @ Liechi Berry
Naughty nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Rock Slide
The idea of this set goes like this: I'll probably outspeed the foe since Sceptile is one of the fastest Pokémon, i'll use Substitute as my first move, the foe will probably hit with a strong hit, so i'll keep Substituting until get a Liechi Berry + Overgrow boost [and Swords Dance if i can] and i'll start sweeping. This set has made me solo lots of teams with this Pokémon.

Thoughts ?
(08-07-2010 06:57 AM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]Infernape @ Focus Sash [lead]
Naive Nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ fake out
~ Stealth Rock
~ fire blast
~ close combat

Metagross @ Leftovers
Impish nature.
252 hp / 244 Atk / 12 speed
~ Explosion
~ light screen
~ meteor mash
~ Earthquake

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish nature.
252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Atk
~ EQ
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ ice punch
~ Pain Split

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid nature.
255 SpA / 255 Spe
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ Low Kick / cross chop

(u should make him a mixed sweeper. he runs better like that)

Sceptile @ Liechi Berry
Naughty nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Rock Slide
The idea of this set goes like this: I'll probably outspeed the foe since Sceptile is one of the fastest Pokémon, i'll use Substitute as my first move, the foe will probably hit with a strong hit, so i'll keep Substituting until get a Liechi Berry + Overgrow boost [and Swords Dance if i can] and i'll start sweeping. This set has made me solo lots of teams with this Pokémon.

Thoughts ?
Please write a few words about each Pokemon's role,explain the moves/natures/EVs etc so that we can better understand what each one is supposed to be doing.Please also tell us a little about the team's goal,how it's supposed to get the win etc.And also please everyone do the same when rating,thanks.
Done, George. :]
Ok,much better now,I'll try to help you without changing too much.

(08-07-2010 06:57 AM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]Infernape @ Focus Sash [lead]
Jolly Nature/Naive/Hasty
252 Atk / 252 Spe/4HP / 64 Atk / 248SpA / 196 Spe
~ U-Turn/Fire Blast
~ Stealth Rock
~ Mach Punch/Fake out
~ Close Combat
This guy's problem is with the most common leads, Aerodactyl, and Aerodactyl's Speed and Power are enough to OHKO Infernape, that's why i have a Focus Sash, and that's why i have ThunderPunch and Mach Punch. Smile The nature's Jolly cause i'm gonna have to need Speed the most, and i don't need SpA, so there.

Use Fake Out to break some common leads' Sashes instead of mach punch,the flinch is nice.Close Combat to hit Heatran/Tyranitar leads.If you opt for Fire Blast instead of U-Turn (lets you hit Azelf/Metagross harder;just beware of Occa Berry on Metagross,it can then kill you with a combination of EQ and Bullet Punch),use the bolded natures and spread.196 Speed EVs to outspeed standard 192 Infernapes if the need arises.

Metagross @ Leftovers/Occa Berry
Impish nature.
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
~ Explosion
~ Meteor Mash
~ Bullet Punch/Thunderpunch
~ Earthquake
Mid-game Tank, (Wall/Sweeper, this is why i gave him (will give him, actually) Atk and Spe EVs) this guy's role is deliver as many hits as possible before dying, and I have Explosion as a last before-dying move.

EVs taken from Smogon+4 additional Speed EVs.Meteor Mash for STAB,EQ+Occa Berry to deal with Fire types (Heatran,Infernape) and Salamence better.Thunderpunch or Bullet Punch is a matter of dealing with Gyarados without exploding or having a STAB priority move.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish nature.
200 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 58 Atk
~ Curse
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Pain Split
The ultimate sweeper, 200 HP to bulk him up, split 252 EVs into 126 for both SpD and Def, and put the rest into Atk to give him a Shadow Sneak boost, Curse + Pain Split will be this guy's main role, i have Will-O-Wisp to make the foe weaker and deliver a heavy burn, and Shadow Sneak to try and kill the foe before it kills me.

I don't really like this one here,can't think of anything better atm though.[b]

Starmie @ Leftovers/[b]Life Orb

Timid nature.
4HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf/Hydro Pump
~ Rapid Spin/Thunderbolt
~ Recover
The ultimate sweeper. Alongside it's nice Def and SpD, Recover is there to cancel 2KO moves, Rapid Spin is there to cancel Stealth Rock and such (although thinking of replacing it, my team isn't that weak to Stealth Rocks), Surf is there for a heavy boost, and with 255 SpA EVs and 255 Spe EVs, it can outspeed most Pokemon and deliver a heavy STAB. Ice Beam is there for Dragon-, Grass- and Flying-types.

Life Orb or Leftovers is a matter of power vs survivability.Surf vs Hydro Pump is accuracy vs power.Thunderbolt over Rapid Spin since you said you 're not using this much.Recover to deal with LO recoil (if you opt for LO ) and generally heal.4 HP EVs is a nitpick,but why not use them ?

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Mild nature.
36 Atk / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Punch/HP Ice or Grass if you can get it
~ Flame thrower
~ Low Kick/Cross chop

Standard MixVire from smogon,4 extra Speed EVs in case of a speed tie.Cross chop to hit light foes,lower accuracy though.Flamethrower and T-bolt because of higher power and hitting targets on their weaker defence (for example Skarm,Foretress and Gyara due to intimidate).HP Ice over Ice Punch for similar reasons,or HP Grass to hit Swampert.The power is not immense,though the coverage is

Sceptile @ Liechi Berry
Jolly nature.
255 Atk / 255 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Rock Slide

I don't like this much either,does it work in practice?

Have you though of something simplier like this?

Sceptile @ Life orb
Hasty/Timid nature.
28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
~Leaf Storm
~ Earthquake / Focus Blast / Protect
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Hidden Power Fire

HPFire for Scizor (again,if you can get it;give more speed evs to make up for the lost Speed IV if you can).Leaf Storm cause its power is too good to pass up.EQ or FBlast for Heatran and other Steels.DPulse for Dragons.

Thoughts ?

About Dusknoir,think about replacing it with something with a ground immunity;you have 3 weaknesses and a sole resistance in Sceptile which is not really that bulky.
How about replacing Dusknoir with a Zapdos? You can use the following set:

Calm @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP, 224 SpDef, 36 Spe
  • Thunderbolt
  • Thunder Wave
  • Roost
  • Heat Wave/Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]

It looks like the Smogon set, but it's not the same. First off, 248 HP EPs, not 252. Otherwise it can't survive four switch-ins when the opponent has set Stealth Rock. Smogon says 228 in SpDef EPs and 36 in Spe. Yeah, with 32 you're faster than a Jolly Tyranitar. So do a lot of other Pokemon. With 36 you're faster than Jirachi which can be a pain in the ass if it uses Thunder Wave first. With 36 EPs in Speed, you can use Thunder Wave first. Thunderbolt is Zapdos' most powerful and reliable move. Next, Thunder Wave is to make your Pokemon's life easier and I believe it's a must. Roost is the recovery move and then you can choose one of three moves. Heat Wave can 3HKO the Sub + Thunder Wave Jirachi and hit other Pokemon like Breloom and Metagross, Hidden Power [Grass] hits Ground-types (Hidden Power [Ice] does so too), Swampert and can help Zapdos facing a Tyranitar. Hidden Power [Ice] hits Dragon-types and Gliscor.

Next, you could replace Electivire with Azelf. Both of them can be nice mixed sweepers and have similar movepool.
This Sceptile didn't only work in practice, but worked in real battles.

And is a major reason why im winning battles too.

And imma work on your advice for Starmie. :]
Reference URL's