Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Help making a new team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, since my team kind of sucked, i need help making a new one, what Pokemon do you think i should use ? (preferably OU Pokemon)

I have Salamence in my team, and im not replacing him. Smile

Ideas/suggestions ?
I guess you want to base the team on your Salamence, so...

First of all we need to know what type of Salemence you have(DragonDanceMence, MixMence, a bulkier one etc) to make more specific comments.
Generally though, Salamence fears Stealth Rock so you'll probably need a Rapid Spinner(I prefer to use Starmie) or sth that can Taunt fast and prevent the foe from laying down rocks(Azelf works well)
Also, Salamence has usually problems with steel types, so Magnezone or Heatran can be useful and Salamence can take EQs aimed towards them.
Consider Scizor as well for things like Weavile that threatens Mence with Ice Shard.
Finally, Salamence receives mostly Special attacks(thanks to Intimidate) so a good special wall like Blissey or Vaporeon(that also helps with Wish) are good choices.
Great ! I have a fully EV's Starmie from an old team !

So are you saying i should get Magnezone, Starmie, Blissy, Scizor, Azelf lead and Heatran ?

Sounds good to me !

Thanks. Smile
Well, I was just pointing out what kind of pokemon work well with Salamence(since you said you wanna use it), but if it works for you it's ok ;)

Just note that 3 Steel types is probably a bit too much(and you actually need 5 pokes + salamence), so Magnezone could leave(Heatran covers Scizor's weakness and gives needed fire coverage so it should stay)
Hope it helps.

When you decide on specific sets we could rate your team in more depth :)
Yeah, i noticed that too.

Thanks for the help. :3
Reference URL's