Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Would this team be able to overcome most type disadvantages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know because I'm preparing for a battle I'm going to have with my girlfriend. All I know for sure is that she has one Ghost-type and one Poison-type. I showed her my team in a way that she wouldn't think that it is actually my team, and she claims to have type advantages over my Pokemon. I think otherwise because of the moves that they know. It's going to be a double battle and a single battle with both our teams at level 100. Do YOU think this team would be able to overcome any sort of disadvantages?

Salamence: Fly, Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath, Crunch.

Tyranitar: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Dark Pulse, Shock Wave.

Metagross: Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm.

Blastoise: Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Skull Bash.

Sceptile: Leaf Blade, False Swipe, Dragon Claw, Rock Smash.

Charizard: Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Heat Wave, Shadow Claw.

Any suggestions for improvement if any need? Any attacks to replace? Also what items do you suggest they hold?
Horrible team is horrible, i'm sorry my friend, but these movesets are horrible.

First of all, Salamence is an Uber, meaning banned from competitive play. (Unless you and your girlfriend don't care about smogon rules)

Second, name what you want for each Pokémon, like if you want Salamence to be a physical sweeper, tank, wall, support etc. etc..

Third, post the natures, the EVs and the held items for each Pokémon.

Fourth and last, click the 'Restart' button for all of your movesets.

Let's start with Salamence:
- Fly gives the opponent a turn to use a buff or switch to a better Pokémon, so replace it with Dragon Dance. (If you don't want to breed for Dragon Dance, i personally would say Stone Edge could be nice)
- Dragon Claw is a nice move for this moveset.
- Dragon Breath is not a good move, so replace it with (If it's an all-out Physical Sweeper) Zen Headbutt.
I personally would say let it hold a Life Orb.

Let's move to Tyranitar:
What exactly do you want Tyranitar to be ? It could be a nice Special Sweeper, a good mixed sweeper and a good tank also.
If you're going phsycial sweeper:
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- You actually have many choices for the fourth slot, if you want tyranitar to hold up much longer on the battle field, give it Rest and let it hold a Chesto Berry. I personally use this moveset but i have Dragon Dance on the fourth slot, if you don't want to breed for it, then go for Rest + Chesto Berry, and go for Leftovers/Life Orb if you're going for the Dragon Dance set.

Metagross:
There are 2 Psychic attacks, one of them is Special and the other is Physical, i suppose you want it to become a Physical Sweeper ?
I'd suggest to lead with him or make it a wall.
Lead moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
With Leftovers as an item.

Blastoise:
I never really used Blastoise so im not an expert, but i've faced a few Blastoises before, and i'll give it this: (Lead with him and Metagross in double battle, and in single battle lead with it only (or you could lead with metagross instead, both are great leads))
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
Item: Leftovers

Sceptile:
Leaf Blade is good, although with it's poor Attack it's not very good.
So go with this:
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Energy Ball
- You could put whatever you want here, but False Swipes is a bad move, i'd put Protect or Detect, or even Focus Blast to counter Steel types.
Item: Petaya Berry

Charizard:
- Sunny Day
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Air Slash
Item: Focus Sash (Note that Focus Sash is useless if Stealth Rock is used against you, but you have Blastoise to Spin those rocks anyway.)

Hope i helped, i didn't post the EVs and natures since you only want movesets, or that's what i get from your post anyway. (You could go check some guides to check about what are EVs and natures and things.)

This could also be a good competitive team, though Salamence is banned in competitive play.

EDIT: If you use this team right, you could "overcome most types".
awesome thank you so much. You didn't mention a forth recommended move for Salamence, though.
Yeah, cause Crunch is good on him.
Oh, awesome. Hmm... So with this team I should be good, right?
Depends.

If the EVs and the natures are good, i think you would do well. Smile But you should wait for more advice from the members though.
Awesome. Thanks for the great advice... One more thing though, my Blastoise isn't capable of learning Fake Out. Any other suggestions in place of it?
Ice beam would be ok to hit more types for super-effective damage.
Sounds great, thanks.
Reference URL's