Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Double Battle Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First I posted my multibattle team, I'm with a double battle one. May you help me with this, too?

Slaking (female)
Jolly@Shell Bell
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
My physical sweeper. With the best atk and good spd, it's really good! Taunt don't let my foes recover energy or status, and Shadow Ball is there only for defeating ghosts (and psychics, too)

Dusclops (male)
Bold@Quick Claw
252 Def, 252 SDef, 6 HP
- Skill Swap
- Will-o'Wisp
- Pain Split
- Protect
Skill Swap on Slaking and if I'm too damaged, Pain Split (since Dusclops HP is low but it's defences are great, I prefered it over Rest). Will-o'Wisp weakens foe's earthquakes (and physical attacks, of course). I'll switch to Jumpluff after using Skill Swap.

Milotic (male)
Bold@Mental Herb
I don't remember it's efforts distribution; this one is ready a long ago.
- Ice Beam
- Confuse Ray
- Recover
- Waterfall
I've chosen Waterfall 'cause it's the strongest and most accurately move I could use (Surf's power is halved in double battles and Hydro Pump's accuracy is bad)

Jumpluff (male)
Jolly@Brightpowder
252 Spd, 130 Def, 128 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Encore
- Helping Hand
If Dusclops faints, it's up for Jumpluff! Jumpluff is the only flying pokémon that know Helping Hand, allowing it to boost earthquake's power without being hurt. Leech Seed + Protect recovers a lot of energy and Encore disrupts foe's strategies. I could use Sleep Powder, but there's Sleep Clause in the tournament...

Skarmory(male)
Impish@Lum Berry
Keen Eye
128 HP, 130 Atk, 252 SDef
- Spikes
- Aerial Ace
- Whirlwind
- Attract
I prefered attract over toxic for blocking foe's attacks together with Blissey (which also has attract). Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good Skarmory with Sturdy...

Blissey
Bold@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Attract
- Softboiled
With 252 EP in HP and Def, Blissey may bear any physical attack (except STABed fighting moves).

Is this team good enough? Should I change something?
Sorry I don't have time to do it now.If noone other does so I will try to analyze it and discuss about it with you in a few days.
Oops! Sorry, guy! But nobody ever help me here...Sad
And the tournament will happen in two weeks! I'm almost with no time, too, and this team was the best I could think...
What will you do when Slaking faints?
Hello! Is there anybody here? Please guys, just analyze my team! The tournament will be saturday! These pokémon are almost ready, but I need somebody else's opinion!
Slaking could also have Hyper beam since you might not be able to skill swap. Hyper beam will not only do 1.5 dmg due to STAB. but will also recharge while Slaking would miss his round anyway. Hyper Beam on Slaking=OHKO. Wink

Milotic could have Surf over Waterfall IMHO. Also keep in mind that both Attract and Confuse Ray are neutralised when the opponent swicthes, so expect a frequent switch and act accordingly. I would suggest you went with toxic instead of Attract though.

It seems that your main muscle is Slaking... if her faints, then you are done... I can see Claydol trying to sustain damage if this happens.
Avoid using Blissey when the opponent uses a Physical sweeper.

Besides this, there is not much I would add. It would not be my choice of team but that is just me. I use Pokemon as I see fit.

I wish you the best of luck and I also would like you to pose any specific questions you might have.
I was thinking in take off Claydol and put Skarmory instead... So I could use spikes (if my foe switches). But I would lost my barriers.
Isn't Surf too risked? It's power is halved in double battles and I may fight against something with water absorb...
And I prefer burning my foes with Dusclops than poisoning them with Milotic or Skarmory. Burns lows attack and toxic becomes a normal poisoning when the foe switches.
True... Keep Waterfall in this case. My own Milotic makes use of Mirror Coat instead of the Attract/Confusion techniques.

Double Battles are generally tricky; no one is really experienced in them and the combos there exist.

Toxic does not become normal Poison. it just restarts the procedure as soon as the Pokemon reenters battle (increasing damage over time).
I made some changes in my team. Does it look better now?
I don't use Counter or Mirror Coat in double battles, 'cause I think it's too risked, right?
Hey! I did a test a little ago - I taught Hyper Beam to my Slaking and used it in my Blissey (in a double battle). My Blissey didn't die! She could bear Slaking's Hyper Beam!!!
Please, may anybody see if my team looks better now? I have only ONE day left!
well, we cannot test it by battling, now can we?

It's good in theory Aluado, but you will have to see if it works. Stick to your strategy, try to keep your Pokemon alive as much as you can, and have faith in you. Wink
I am currently doing double battles only in the restaurant in lake valor with my lv37 Gallade and my lv40 Froslass.I am training them.
But it´s always fun to battle other people with doubles too. Smile
There are many things that you can do on doubles that is impossible on singles... Like, something that I love to do:
I´m with Scizor and another pokemon, while one of my foe´s pokemon is a fire one. Well, obviously it´ll try to burn and KO my Scizor with a fire move, so... Scizor protects while its partner kill itSmile
im not expert. but i see 3 things. 1st isnt 2 risky to have only 1 sweeper?.
2nd withDusclops u play with chances. he has only Speed
25 base. so if the other has at start a very fast poke with ghost/dark attcks and he kills ur dusklops .(cause quickclaw didnt used) i think then ur strategy is messed up.

then i think isnt better having and 1 sp. sweeper in ur team? dunno thats all i can see ask 4 more nm2 Toungue
Well, I changed my team, so I´m not using that team anymore xD

Anyways, if you wanna still see my new team... Note: is my leafgreen double team!Toungue

Umbreon
Impish@Leftovers
Synchronize
252 HP, the rest is split on both Def, making them equal
- Toxic
- Sunny Day
- Helping Hand
- Taunt

It works really well with Charizard. Taunt disrupts Follow Me+Baton passing strategies. Sunny Day powers up Charizard and stops stupid Tyranitar´s sandstorm. Toxic is there because if Umbreon is my last pokemon, it must to be able to damage the foe somehow, altough it´s useless against Snorlax with immunity, poison and steel pokemon.

Charizard
Timid@Leftovers
Blaze
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Heat Wave hit both opponents, but with lowered power... But it´s not bad after Sunny Day and Helping Hand.Wink Under clear skies, Charizard is able to survive a surf from Kingdras (really OU in rain dance double teams) and KO it with Dragon Claw + Helping Hand. Charizard is also a good decoy with Umbreon... when foe sees Charizard, both opponents will surely attack him. So, while it protects, Umbreon can use Sunny Day or Taunt.

Marowak
Careful@Thick Club
Lightning Rod
252 Atk, SDef till it´s equal to Def and the rest on HP.
- Earthquake
- Ancientpower
- Protect
- Brick Break
With a careful nature and this EVs distribution it may survive any super-effective move (unless the foe has a +SAtk nature and STAB). Lightning Rod is perfect for protecting me from electric moves. Why ancientpower and not rock slide, you may be asking. Well, rock slide´s power is halved on doubles, so ancientpower seems better.

Gengar
Timid@Lum Berry
Levitate
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Destiny Bond

I´ll post the rest later, sorry.Toungue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's