Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Mini news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i missed out on the event but i have just read in another forums that many youtube users are geeting caught in copyright enfringement. I geuss this means they are watchin much more closely than usual. So just a fair warning to put that you dont own any copy rights to somthing that you dont. Ie: doing video guides. Put rips of game music. And anything similar.
http://www.patentarcade.com Wrote:Pikachu may be cute, but he’s got teeth. The Pokémon Company
Int’l. Inc. (“Pokémon”) filed suit last Friday against Beckett Media
LLC (“Beckett”), accusing Beckett of copyright infringement.
Specifically, Pokémon alleges that Beckett’s monthly publication of
the “Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector!” magazine unlawfully
reproduces copyrighted images of Pokémon’s cards without
Pokémon’s (or Pikachu’s) consent. According to the complaint,
Beckett’s guide lists price values for the various Pokémon cards
(the cards are valued as collector’s items, based on rarity and
awesomeness), and reproduces full images of selected ones of the
cards each month.
The complaint further alleges that when Pokémon previously
asked Beckett to stop reproducing the images, Beckett responded
by alleging that Pokémon had granted an implied license and/or
consented, based on the fact that Pokémon had actually
purchased advertising space in the monthly publication after
seeing the publication ’s format (and by extension, the occasional
image reproduction), and that they did not complain about it
before. The complaint also notes that Beckett ’s more recent
responses appeared to back down, with offers to stop the
reproductions.
Time will tell how this one turns out, and we’ll keep you posted.
The case caption is The Pokémon Company Int’l, Inc. v. Beckett
Media LLC, No. 3-10cv1392 (N.D.Tx, filed 7/16/2010)
. I hope this isnt old news to any one. Should i adda a link?
Here is the link to the "Pikachu I sue you!" article.
Here is some news that I found that may be interesting. Its a few days old and I hope this isn't something that everyone here knows yet but here goes. This artical came from http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Be...e_revealed

Quote: The official site for HeartGold and SoulSilver has revealed the dub title for the next season of the Pokémon anime. The season title has been dubbed as Pokémon: Black & White!, keeping the name similar to the upcoming Generation V games, Black and White instead of using the original Japanese name Pokémon: Best Wishes!. Pokémon Black & White follows the successful Diamond & Pearl series, which has only three more episodes to air before it concludes in the U.S

I hope this is okay.
japangeeks.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/new-pokemon-manga-will-run-in-shonen-sunday/ Wrote:a new Pokemon manga series will run in Shonen Sunday,
according to Jisedai World Hobby Fair 2011 posters and ads.
The series had previously run in Corocoro magazine, an
anthology aimed at younger audiences. The move is aimed
at garnering an older audience for the series.
Corocoro is one of the few magazine anthologies to buck the
recent slump in manga sales. The move is presumably to
help boost sales for Shonen Sunday, which sold 678,917
copies in 2010. Corocoro sold 950,834.
No title for the series has been announced.
Quote: The Norwegian distribution of Celebi has been announced. The Pokémon will be distributed from Feb. 14 through March 4 at Spaceworld stores across the country. All Generation IV games will be able to receive the Celebi, which can be traded to Pokémon Black and White Versions to unlock a Zorua event.

article link: Norway Celebi distribution announced
News that don't deserve their own thread go here:
Quote:The official Pokémon website, previously exclusive for the United States, has recently expanded, branching off into a few sites for European countries, accessible by a new language switcher.
This is speculated to merely be the beginning in Nintendo's and The Pokémon Company's plan to try and revitalize the Pokémon franchise with the upcoming international launch of the first pair of Generation V games, Pokémon Black and White Versions in March of this year.

Pokémon.com launches regional mini-sites[/quote]
There we go: Iris,Cilan

These are the official names of the Anime Partners of Ash in the Pokemon Anime and two of the Unova Gym Leaders. They were found in Cartoon Network's official site. Iris keeps hers Japanese Name but Dento's name has changed into Cilan.

Source: Bulbanews
Good find. Very good find. Bulbanews isn't always Bulbafail.
true i guess .
IGN has recently updated to include new English translations of Black and White Pokémon, moves and abilities.
According to IGN, the new names are as follows:
Pokémon
Deerling (was Shikijika)
Basculin (was Basslao)
Watchog (was Miruhog)
Moves
Acrobatics (was Acrobat)
Hurricane (was Windstorm)
Abilities
Healer (was Healing Heart)
Sap Sipper (was Herbivorous)

Kampas

Since everyone is posting in English, I will play along.

I won't apologize for not logging earlier, since those of you that know me realize that I am far from a Pokemon expert.

However, I logged in today to offer a formal and public invitation, in recognition of your efforts over the years.

On Friday, February the 11th, Nortec is organizing a Greek press event for Nintendo 3DS. We would like legendarypokemon.net to appoint 2 representatives to come and cover the event, along with the rest of the Press. The presentation will be in Syntagma, most likely a bit after noon.

It's not directly linked with Pokemon (there will be no mention of the Pokemon at all), but I think it is a given that the two products are related, since Pokemon are 1st party titles.

Please decide among yourselves and send us contact details through the Φόρμα Επικοινωνίας in nintendo.gr, so that Eleni can get back to you for details.

Please also note, since some of the members here are also participating in our Ambassador program, if you are working on the event, you will not be able to cover it, so put that into your choice of people (Velissiana and Blue will probably be working, Arty2 for example, will probably not...).

Also please note that this will not be the only opportunity for people to have a hands-on experience with Nintendo 3DS. There will also be an open event announced within next week.
I WANT INHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
^Yeah Big Grin

Also, In this ONM article, there is 2 new names of Pokemon. Timburr ( Jap: Dokorra) and Tympole(Jap: Otamara). Also, because a save file we learn that Shippou City is named Nacrene City. Tomorrow, we may learn more translations from ONM.
Tympole...sounds so wrong in so many ways...
Well, as I found it comes from Tympane Membrane and Tadpole. It's quite good.
/off topic
Reference URL's