Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Regionalism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It has come to my attention that pretty much everyone on this site is from Greece. From there it seems that most of the Greeks on this site either live in Athens or some other city. And yet there are only 3 Americans on this site. First of all I would like to ask, do you active members all know each other in real life? Because most of you live in the same area of Greece, so that would only make sense. My main point, however, is that a majority of the posts of the day are in the Greek forums, not the American ones. So while you Greek speakers are chatting away, me and the other guy are sitting here bored waiting for someone who speaks English to post. And since I cant speak Greek this is presenting some problems. Plus you seem to care more about events happening in Europe than events in America. I think we need a way to get more people from other places on this site. Because me and Kalas Ray (or whatever your username is) really shouldn't be left in the dust like this. So either we need people here to learn English or more Americans. Please reply if you have any ideas on how we can do this or if you have any comments.
Not all of us have met each other in real life, though some of our Greek members know each other personally, either through the forum's meetings or by means irrelevant to the forum. Thing is, Athens is a city of 5+ million people, which about half of Greece's population, it's not like everyone lives in the same neighborhood or something like that.

Anyway, about the rest of your post, it's up to people not talking Greek to start some discussion, I'm sure our Greek members will participate if there are some interesting and well made threads. What is more, you ( as in not Greeks in general) can help get some new members to the forum by mouth to mouth advertisement.

My english is getting rusty, but I hope you still get my point. Smile
I cant advertise the website to others! Nobody at my school plays pokemon! If I advertise it then it will just prove to them more that Im a retard. We need another way to spread the word...but I cant do it. I can only give advice.
Well you are quite right. Generally Speaking, this is a Pokemon Forum but the majority of posts are in the Greek section.
Also you said that we don't care about American Events. So I ask you this. Do you care about European Events Toungue ? Why would someone care for the events in another country, that doesn't happening in his country? Personally, I learn about American/Japanese Events but I don't pay attention to them as the Europeans.

The main problem is that there aren't many posts to Pokemon threads in general. Neither American neither Greek... LP members must activated and post in these threads. But they must post in balance so neither greek neither american threads will be negleced.
So, in my opinion the main problem of LP is that the members doesn't post in the Pokemon threads and they prefer spam threads. I think that before 2-3 years the forum was more acive. In both sides. There were members like treecko and Aluado that were Americans(or not Greeks in general) that were posting a lot. Now, only you, Kalas ray, dunsparce and Sweet Devil are active not-Greeks. So the solution is, first to post in Pokemon threads and then balance the greek and english side of the forum. One member(herooftime) entered LP in order to speak about pokemon but this doesn;t actually happened. So, we must deal with the Pokemon threads either Greek either American.

BTW, I haven't met any person from this forum personally, but I often chat with some of them in other forums or msn. But I would like to met them Big Grin Althought, I am sure that many of them know each other personally.

ps: 95%+ of Greek Members know English. They might not be able to have some long conversations in English but they are able to reply, do questions about Pokemon and more Wink

I hope that the forum will be active again :]

Oh btw I speak Greek to LP cause its my Mother Language so I am used to it Wink
Even so I feel a bit isolated...plus i dont think google translater works that well.
i pay attetion to europes events becuase some times the americas get t he same thing. And if you count video chat then me and mc hav met face-to-face.
By meeting face-to-face I mean in person, not by video chat or whatever.
Pokemon safari has Spanish members, Legendary Pokemon has Greek members. Toungue And we're cooler! We also laugh in a normal way(not like jajajaja Toungue)

Anywaaaaaaaaaayyy, don't feel isolated. There is also the chat room. Smile Which most of our members FOR SOME ODD REASON hate it(??)
The three of you, Kalas Ray, dunsparce and yourself should feel special, not isolated:
edit: Pardon me mystery.55, yout too included!

Come to think of it, even though some don't write much in English, they do it just for you Cool

It really is tough attracting more people in the forums since we're not really a niche fansite (e.g. battling site, tcg, anime) and our main attraction of olde, that is the Pokedex, is a little bit outdated for now, but I think that we've managed to make it into a nice n' cosy place alright Smile

PS. If you're bored check the chatroom for our trivia bot, Earl, for some legacy pokemon Q&As
I have no choice but to keep my Poke-fondness here. People at my school think that I'm flat-out stupid for liking Pokemon!
(26-01-2011 03:42 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]The three of you, Kalas Ray, dunsparce and yourself should feel special, not isolated:
Come to think of it, even though some don't write much in English, they do it just for you Cool

It really is tough attracting more people in the forums since we're not really a niche fansite (e.g. battling site, tcg, anime) and our main attraction of olde, that is the Pokedex, is a little bit outdated for now, but I think that we've managed to make it into a nice n' cosy place alright Smile

PS. If you're bored check the chatroom for our trivia bot, Earl, for some legacy pokemon Q&As

well i love being here on these forums their fun and have CONTROLLED spam. Oh and @ fr3 you guys use xaxaxa in the greek forums. That is equally weird as jajaja. Both translate to hahaha.
x= h in greek Toungue Actually x=χ Wink
(26-01-2011 05:09 AM)mystery.55 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no choice but to keep my Poke-fondness here. People at my school think that I'm flat-out stupid for liking Pokemon!

I think that the reason most of us are here. Though we may have many differences, we are all bound by a common fact: we love pokemon. Many at the schools we go to only play games like COD. I swear if I hear one more word about someones kill streak I will hang them by their necks.
well,i guess you're right.that's why my fanfics are in english.i want everyone to be able to read them and even if i'm greek i post more in english threads...Toungue
hm...why is it the foreign people know english well but english people dont know other languages well?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's