Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Competitive Team Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Serperior) (M) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Tail

It's not a good option to be "the leader" but I am not sure which other Pokemon I must use as a lead. It's Leaf Storm is quite powerful and in combination with "Contrary" it can be quite the threat. Leech Seed and Giga drain(suppoted by Leaf Storm) and the Shell Bell are quite helpful in order to regain health. Dragon Tail isn't a good option, and it is a last priority move. But if Serperior endure a hit from a Fire or Flying Attack it can then send the Pokemon which has resistance to grass back to the rival. I t can be helpful as it is a lead Pokemon but I am not sure.

(Haxorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Night Slash
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break

Haxorus can deal quite THE damage with it's crazy Attack, but it could outsped by other Pokemon as Garchomp. With DD it can outsped them but you must be careful when you use it. Rivalry helps him defeat more easily other Males and Brick Break and Night Slash are ideal for Gengar or some Steell Pokemon whick resist in Dragon. And life orb is helpful but I am not sure if it is better to give it a Choice Scarf.

(Garchomp) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Another Dragon... Garchomp has less Attack but it's quicker tha Haxorus. Life Orbs supports it but other Dragons like Latias can Outsped it. That's not good.Rough Skin is helpful in a none Sandstorm Team. Either Dragon Claw or Outrage can be used to attack.Outrage is more powerful but "locks you" and Dragon Claw is less powerful but it is helpful. Stone Edge can take down some Flying Pokemon like Gyarados and Earthquake the resisting Steel-Types.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Heatran has a decent Immunity to Fire Type. It is helpful as a change in. With Air Balloon it has another Immunity to Ground Types as a change in and it can beat more easily an opponent who has only EQ/Eath Power against it. HP Ice is mainly for Flying Types and Flamethrower is its Main Attack. Dragon Pulse can deal damage to Dragons and Earth Power is a less-powerful EQ for a special Sweeper as Heatran.

(Genesect) @ Aqua Cassette
Trait: Download
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Techno Blast
- Thunderbolt

Genesect is one of my favorites. It has this laser-cannon and it can learn many different Sp. Attacks. With Dowload and it can enpower either attack or speed. Bug Buzz gets STAB and deals damage to any Psychic or Dark Types. Flamethrower deals damage to Ice,Grass, Bug and Steel Types. Techno Blast helps it a against his only weakness, as its a water type attack because of Aqua Cassette. Thunderbolt is helpful against Water and Flying Types. It has an attack nearly for everyone and it really helps.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Milotic... It can stand enough Damage as ts a good Special Wall. With Scald it can attack(and cause a burn) to Rock, Ground and Fire Types. Dragon Tail is for the same purpose as Serperior's but it has the same weakness... Its speed... Ice Beam can take down Dragons(especially Garchomp and Dragonite) and has a slight chance of freezing. Recover along its great defense and Leftovers helps it survive.

My Team. If someone has any suggestion for changes, I want his help. Also, I search for Counter for the annoying Pokemon as Sableye and Umbreon, which have great Defense and Speed and they use moves like Taunt,W-o-W and a recovering move, waiting for their "victim" to die. I am not sure if Milotic is the best Counter for the, Also, I want a way, in order my Garchomp not to outsped by other Pokemon(mainly other dragons) Is it better to make it Choice User?
Thanks in advance.
Learn how to make proper RMT please. Smile
Well, I had help via msn by christos21. This is the remodeled Team:
EDIT2: The team has been updated again:

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

A better lead now. Earth Power and Dragon Pulse for a variety of Pokemon. Substitute helps it stall and it can attack with Lava Plume(which has a greater chance of Burning the opponent than Flamethrower). Balloon will help with Substitute a lot I think.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Hasn't changed.
It's like Milotic's Replacement. But I think that it's a lot better. Taunt along with its speed can help it a lot. Also, Dragon Dance for more speed( and power) Toungue Waterfall as usual for Gyarados and Stone Edge for Flying Pokemon that are dangerous for it (especially Zapdos). It has decent Defense and along with its Leftovers it is something like "Attacking Wall". Intimidate for cutting Opponent's Attack. Helpful.

(Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Neither Garchomp. I am not sure yet if Dragon Claw or Double Chop is Better...
Yeah, it's finally Scarfchomp. There isn't any different thing about it except that's it has much more speed now. But it has the disadvantage of Locking in an attack now. But ok...

(Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Serperior now. With HP Ice and 4 evs in HP. It's better now I think. But yet I think that Substitute would be good as NM2 said. But I prefer Leaf Storm/Giga Drain than Leech Seed. Leech Seed is only for some walls and not Sweepers.

(Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Choice Scarf for great speed.

(Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

I used christos21's set. Changed evs, as an ability, Guts and Leftovers as many said.
Bulk Up for power and defense. Mach Punch for priority in order to KO Pokemon with little damage. Drain Punch along with Iron Fist and its attack can help it regain health if attacked. And payback along with its "low" speed for Ghost Types that are Immune to Fighting.

That's the second update... I think that it is way better now...

Please Read both teams and help me make them even better ;P
It seems a quite good team with good synergy but i still have some suggestions.

i found this set on smogon for conkeldurr:
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Payback / Stone Edge
item: Leftovers
ability: Guts
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD

and here is a link for serperior sets: Serperior

plus you could change Genesect's ice beam with rock polish to get a nice speed boost which will allow you sweep

PS:As i said you before i think that aerodactyl may be suitable in the lead position but i'm not really sure so let the other help youToungue
Okay, I don't know many things about Gen V, but mayne I can help. Firstly, I think Hidden Power Ice is more preferable on Serperior than Dragon Tail, since it gets a boost and murders Flying, Dragon and Grass types (HP Rock could help with Fire types while still hitting Flying types). Life Orb looks way better than Shell Bell imo, so I suggest that you keep it as it is. About Garchomp, I would go with Dual Chop instead of Dragon Claw to be able to murder Multi Scale Dragonite easier. As for Hurr Durr, Leftovers is better than Focus Sash for sure. The set Chris suggested above looks good. You should check the reason why it has these EPs.

That's it! Unfortunately I cannot help you anymore...
About Milotic:
If I were to use it, I'd make it hold a Lum Berry. I'd predict a status move coming and switch to Milotic. Marvel Scale + Lum Berry = One of the best walls in pokemon history. It's not just a special wall, but an amazing physical wall as well.
As for the moves, Recover is a must-have. It restores an amazing amount of HP and it can stall enemies resulting in them losing their PP and facing problems with status afflictions. Surf and Ice beam make a very versatile combination and since Milotic's Sp. Attack is acceptable, it can also be a threat.
Earlier I mentioned something about stalling and using status moves as offensive ones. Scald has a CHANCE of leaving a Pokemon with a burn, but I'd prefer a safer path. Maybe I'd use Toxic. The foe will probably switch to a Pokemon resistant to Surf and Ice beam. I'd switch to a Swampert or a Blissey, maybe a Mantine too. The chances of switching to a Steel type in order to be immune to Ice beam and Toxic are slight because of their poor Sp. Defense.

*I should write a book based on Milotic*
(26-04-2011 12:12 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]About Milotic:
If I were to use it, I'd make it hold a Lum Berry. I'd predict a status move coming and switch to Milotic. Marvel Scale + Lum Berry = One of the best walls in pokemon history. It's not just a special wall, but an amazing physical wall as well.

Lum Berry heals its status problem so it deactivates Marvel Scale.

One set I had tried for Milotic in the early BW days that seemed to work fine is this:

Milotic @ Leftovers
252 HP, EVs and nature to make defenses about equal taking Scald and Marvel Scale into account
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Makes for a great defensive Pokémon as Rest activates Marvel Scale, Scald can burn, Dragon Tail prevents set-up and Sleep Talk cancels Dragon Tail's negative priority when you're asleep.

As for the rest Pokémon now, if you're using Heatran as a lead, you may want a move like Substitute or Protect in order to check what your opponent has to counter Heatran. Also consider Lava Plume as the fire-type move for a lead Heatran, especially if you run Substitute. Burning Heatran's counter early-game will make the whole game a lot easier.

Gyarados is fine, I don't really like Taunt on it but that's just me.

Garchomp's good, I'd run Fire Blast over Stone Edge though. You have nothing to hit Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc without it. Also, you're not supposed to let Garchomp take hits, Sand Veil may be better than Rough Skin even without using Tyranitar/Hippowdon.

Serperior, make it Timid. You're already boosting SpAtk with Leaf Storm, a +Speed nature is better. If you're keeping Leech Seed, consider Substitute.

Genesect is ok though I'd prefer Choice Specs/Scarf over Life Orb. If you want Life Orb, you can use Rock Polish over TBolt/Ice Beam.

Conkeldurr, definitely no Focus Sash. I can't think of anything better than Leftovers.
LUM BERRY CANCELS MARVEL SCALE?! D:
But I REALLY liked that Rest-activating-Marvel-Scale thing, hadn't thought of it... I still have a LOOOONG way if I want to be a good trainer :/

About Gyarados:
I like Taunt. I think it can stop the likes of Swampert from using Stealth Rock at the beginning of the battle.
I will Update the Team with the changes I made. Thank you guys Wink Also, I am not sure if I must use Milotic. Gyarados seems better to me. I;ll see...
By the way, Substitute over Dragon Pulse/Earth Power (I'd drop Dragon Pulse) on Heatran, not over Stealth Rock. You can already hit Dragons with pretty much all of your other Pokémon but you have no entry hazards.
Fixed Toungue The team is very good. My only problem is Drizzle Teams with Politoed as Lead. But ok Toungue
Reference URL's