Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Special abilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which special abilities do you think are the best and the worst? Which abilities do you think a certain Pokemon should have have? Which ability do you think would make a certain Pokemon unbeatable? Or any other things that you would like to talk about concerning special abilities. Post it HERE!
Best: Prankster, Technician, Speed Boost & Shadow Tag
Worst: Infiltrator, Keen Eye, Pickpocket & Telepathy

Quote:Which abilities do you think a certain Pokemon should have have?

Gengar: Shadow Tag Toungue

Quote:Which ability do you think would make a certain Pokemon unbeatable?

The famous Wondertomb (aka Spiritomb with Wonder Guard) xD
There is no best or worst ability....

But if you wanna judge all abilities,imo is Prankster and well used speed boost..
There are some abilities that have very limited use, like the ones mentioned above. But, Damp is completely useless. You can't use explosion and it's just pointless. Apart from this, it doesn't do anything else. If you want not to inflict damage to your self, you wont do it. We don't need an ability to prevent us.

And it's weird the fact that it's a hidden ability in 10 out of 18 Pokémon that can have it.
Damp can have some use in doubles however, or just to avoid getting Exploded on in singles. If it wasn't for Explosion getting a nerf in Gen V at least.
not a lot of people actually use explosion so damp isnt really that useful
(19-05-2011 07:09 PM)Luigy Wrote: [ -> ]not a lot of people actually use explosion so damp isnt really that useful

Don't think so,if it hadn't been nerfed in this generation Explosion would still be a massive threat
on many Pokémon. Gen IV showed that to the maximum.

On topic, some of the best abilities could be: Huge/Pure Power, Wonder Guard, Intimidate, Prankster, Sheer Force, Moxie, Speed Boost, Moody, Shadow Tag, Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, Snow Warning...the list goes on and on, I don't think there's actually an ability with a beneficial effect that isn't somewhat good, everything has its use.
Of course there are exceptions...namely Slow Start, Truant and Defeatist.
Illusion is awesome.
Skill link is cool but in 5th gen cloyster it found it`s perfect partner.
Prankster is hilarious as well. Thanks god not many bulky pokemon have it.
Intimidate is decent too.
Contrary Is excelent if used well.
Multitype rocks aswell.

I consider most abilities useful as long as they are used by the proper pokemon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anticipation is kinda useless in competive.
Normalize is stupid.
Magma Armor seems pretty useless.
(29-05-2011 02:54 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Anticipation is kinda useless in competive.
Normalize is stupid.
Magma Armor seems pretty useless.

Ok Anticipation is kinda redundant when compared to other abilities but still warns you about a super-effective move. Normalize is an ability that only Delcatty can have I think and it helps it fill a niche role that no other Pokémon can, to be exact it can Thunder Wave Pokémon of the Ground-type, which may work well in UU.
Magma Armor still does something beneficial, it's better than Truant anyway...Toungue
I don't really get whats so good about intidate because it doesn't lower attack by a lot just by 1.
Intimidate is good because you will have a temporary +1 Defence, which can really ruin the sweeping streak of some Pokemon and give you a chance to set-up. Also in doubles it's extremely helpful as it lowers both your enemies attack by 1 and switches aren't that pften there as they are in singles.
Come on, Intimidate lowers enemy attack by one level and I mean for free, and as many times you decide to switch in. Can make a not-that-high-defense pokemon capable of taking hits, or forcing the enemy to switch back.
It doesn't really force your opponent to switch. It would take a lot of switching on your part with a pokemon that has intimidate to force your opponent to switch.
OK, suit yourself but you will change your mind soon Toungue
Not true Luigy. Intimidate forces a lot of switches, unless the enemy is a special sweeper or not a sweeper. It's extremely annoying when you have set-up an attack boosting move so you can OHKO most of the enemy's team and then -bam- Intimidate! You have to switch out if the mach up is bad or set up AGAIN if you think you can take a hit. But of course noone makes you use it Toungue. Anyway I think another great abillity would be Moxie, as it can lead to a chain-unstoppable sweep.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's