Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Project Pokemon 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Project: Pokemon Offline Database
Codename: Pokemon 100%
Name: Yet to be determinated

An idea, a dream; a Pokemon Database with more than everything that a Pokemon Trainer needs.

Being one of the most determinated games for more than ten years, Pokemon has been a source of interest and fun. With rip-offs such as Pokemon Card Game, Anime, Manga and even Traiding Figures Game, it has more than many things that someone can spend his time on. With no doubt it is now a classic serie. With great meanings on life and intelligental evolved.

Many of us know what something like Pokemon Mania is. All of us has been on that stage, one more, one less. However, a "Pokemon Maniac" cannot be perfect. Without doubt there is no ordinary trainer that know everything can be known from Pokemon. That is the main reason of this Project. Working all together, gathering everything we know, we can creat the absolute Pokemon Encyclopedia.

Aims to help new and advanced players; Pokemon 100%, will be distributed freely through the internet. Of course, a person or two, or even ten cannot form this. That is why we ask for your help in order to gather information about Pokemon Games, Anime, Manga, Card Game and any other Pokemon Rip-Off. Pokemon 100% will be an offline Pokemon Database with everything, absolutely everything, someone needs.

Everyone can join the project as long as they are ready to work hard and want to help theirselfs as well as the others. Everyone's help will be appriciated and respected.If you are interested, please let us know. This project shall help everyone. As you unterstand the group to be formed have to work hard. Everyone will be given credits.

Thank you for your time,
Ash_Pokemaster
Great idea Ash_Pokemaster.I am going to help for sure!
You can count me too! Although I've not much free time...
Thanks guys! It is good to see that there are people that actually care about Pokemon. You'll soon have private messages with the work to start with! Everyone that has MSN please add me on [email protected]
i can help you
Αnd I can help you too!Cool
Just send me a PM to start to work!
I can help too.
Quote:Aims to help new and advanced players; Pokemon 100%, will be distributed freely through the internet. Of course, a person or two, or even ten cannot form this. That is why we ask for your help in order to gather information about Pokemon Games, Anime, Manga, Card Game and any other Pokemon Rip-Off. Pokemon 100% will be an offline Pokemon Database with everything, absolutely everything, someone needs.

I think that's why Bulbapedia is out there for. trying to re-invent the wheel so that once can be on top doesn't really help the community at all...

What we can do though in order to help the community is possibly start a Greek Pokemon Wiki, but I wonder if there're any people interested with that. I once turned down an offer by Bulbapedia about such a project but if there's real interest I guess we could look at it again.

Concerning the offline part... There's no proper universal technology that will allow us support such a project, it would require a great amount to develop these tools (probably in Java so that it is platform idependent) and even in that case it would need to be updated in a daily basis because new bits of information would be added every hour. And there's no way you can have a complete database of some sorts about Pokemon, Bulbapedia has dozens of dedeicated members and they still have a long way ahead. So, in my opinion the whole offline point is of no significance, the future of the information age lies in the web.
To be honest, I had been thinking, about the offline part, just a PHP page that would be offline. It's not the easiest thing but I guess technological part would be the less important thing on the project.

Bulbapedia is a nice idea, but not so well developed. It contains some information which are not, in my opinion, so "perfectly" organized. And on the other hand, it does not cover everything.

On the Green Pokemon Wiki part, it sounds to me interesting, even though it would be online from what I understood, it is still a part, or a start of competion of that dream. I would help with everything I have and I'm sure that even more trainers would kindly help. I would honestly be really happy to see the project starts.
Reference URL's