Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Advice/Comments on my pokemon platinum team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Papa Julz

So I'm kind of new to the pokemon world since the last game I played was ruby. This is my current team as of right now on Pokemon Platinum:

UMBREON Annoyer/Tank Focus
lvl 61
sychronize

Confuse Ray
Toxic
Substitute
Mean Look

DRAGONITE Physical Atk Focus
lvl 64
inner focus

Extremespeed
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Outrage

GENGAR Special Atk Focus
lvl 55
levitate

Psychic
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

GOLEM Physical Atk Focus
lvl 61
Sturdy

Stone Edge
Rock Polish
Flamethrower
Earthquake

I'm just playing for fun against the elite four and battle frontier but i want to add 2 more to the team. So I'm to all suggestions and/or moveset changes on my current team but not actually replacing the pokemon itself. An idea I was thinking of was trading my Vaporeon over from heartgold who is currently lvl84 and knows acid armor/baton pass/aurora beam/water pulse. So please check it out and give me any input you have and it will be greatly appreciated. You guys are the smart players not me =D
Better report and ignore spammers/advertisers. Their irrelevant posts will soon be deleted.

On the topic, I have a few suggestions for your current team about the moves.

Since Dragonite is attack based, better replace Ice Beam with Earthquake and optionally Thunder Wave with something like Fly/Fire Punch, depending on your preferences.

About Golem, you should replace Flamethrower with Sucker Punch (need to teach it via move tutor) in order for it to have an increased priority move or Explosion to be able to deal massive damage when it's about to faint.

Also, if you want to start batling more competitively you should learn and start EV training and later breeding and IVs.
Divided by zero, I have a feeling that they are all actually the exact same person. They all post on this exact thread, and all have their birthdays on the day after they became members. And of course, they all advertise products that none of us give a frak about.
(03-08-2011 04:06 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Better report and ignore spammers/advertisers. Their irrelevant posts will soon be deleted.

Thank you fo doing so. We are looking for a permanent solution. These are the times that Arty2 is most needed!
Papa Julz, a few thoughts on your team:
1) Since Dragonite has Thunder Wave, it's no use having Extremespeed. Either that, or the other way around. I'd ommit Thunder Wave and use Extremespeed. Also, instead of special Ice Beam use physical Thunder Punch, it can come in handy.
2) Umbreon should have at least one attacking move. That's because, supposing it's the only Pokemon left in your party, it fails to counter Steel type Pokemon. I'd replace Mean Look with Payback.
3) I can't help but think that two statuses are more than enough. I'd go for either Poison or Paralysis. I'd choose the first one.
4) Gengar shouldn't have Dark Pulse. It should have Thunderbolt. The End.
5) In my opinion, Golem's set should go like this:
- Eartquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Curse
equiped with Leftovers, of course.

6) You could add a Fire and a Water type Pokemon in your team and use them as Mixed Sweepers. I can think of Infernape with Close Combat along with Fire Blast and a Swamper using Stealth Rock, Surf and Earthquake (although Swampert is a pure physical powerhouse, so I'd go for Waterfall instead of Surf). At last, it could use Rest and Chesto Berry, a classic annoyer set.
Reference URL's