Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Battle Subway(Super Singles) team:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first serious attempt at a battle subway team. I've been fooling around with the subway for a long time and ended up with this team. This is my first RMT so please bare with me:

[Image: 91.png]
Cloyster @ Focus Sash*
"I break the game by breaking myself!"

Naive(+Speed, -SpD)

Skill Link**

EVs: 252 Atk, 32 SpA, 224 Speed

Icicle Spear
Shell Smash
Rock blast
Surf

Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Fighting, Rock, any special attack
Strengths: Water, Ice, unboosted physical attacks(BEFORE shell smash)

Cloyster's purpose is coming in, using shell smash and sweeping untill it faints, due to the fact that it only gets one use of the sash. After one shell smash it's attacking stats are stunningly high, and even with just 224 EVs in Speed it will be outspeeding everything that is unboosted. 32 EVs go in SpAtk, to allow Cloyster to go mixed, hitting physical walls for good damage. Also, surf reliably hits fire types, because Rock Blast can miss, and...you know the subway... It's greatest weakness are priority moves, which, if it is damaged, are likely to rip it apart. Once it fails it will have likely brought chaos to the enemies and will have left the current enemy with few HP. That's when Scizor comes in play:

[Image: 212.png]
Scizor @ Choice Band*
"Your end is near..."

Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)

Technician**

EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpD

Bullet Punch
Superpower
U-turn
Night slash

Weaknesses: Fire(4x)
Strengths: Normal, Grass(x0.25), Ice, Poison(Immune), Psychic, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel

Scizor is here to take out whatever Cloyster fails to. 90 power Bullet Punch coming off 130 attack and a Choice Band makes Scizor an amazing revenge killer. If, however, Cloyster left it's target with more than 30% HP, the other 3 moves will take care of it. U-turn is STAB and paired with Scizor's speed gives me a safe switch in into the next member. Superpower is used on bulky Pokemon, who can't really damage Scizor, but can stall it to death, and it usually is a OHKO. Night slash is useful when all the other moves are resisted, like Flying/Electrics and those annoying Ghost types. 248 EVs might seem strange at first, but by giving it an odd HP number, I get to survive an extra turn against some moves(e.g. Stealth rocks). 8 EVs are put into it's SpDef because it's good enough in Def, thanks to 31 IVs. To back up Scizor, I have a defensively great pokemon, who can take numerous hits and has reliable recovery, namely:

[Image: 593.png]
Jellicent @ Leftovers*
"I'll steal your soul! Slowly and painfully though! With many burns included"

Water Absorb**

Calm(-Atk, +SpD)

EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

Scald
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt

Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Ghost, Dark
Strengths: Normal(Immune), Fire, Water, Ice, Fighting(Immune), Poison, Bug, Steel

Jellicent is here to back up Scizor in tough spots. It can greatly stall other pokemon by burning them and then recovering, or burning them further with some boiling water. It reliably destroys other walls/stallers with Taunt and then either stalls them to death or provides a safe swith for Scizor. The EVs focus on giving it a good Def-SpDef balance. While it may seem to be unable for a sweep, the burn status gives it the upper hand...usually.

Overall, this team has quite a few problems with Electrics, especially with Thundurus. However, do note that Cloyster is using a White Herb as for now, so it's still not fully tested.

*Items: Focus Sash: Allows the pokemon to survive a OHKO hit when at full HP. Choice band: Boosts the Pokemon's attack stat by 50% but allows the use of only one move. Leftovers: heals 1/16th of user's HP each turn.
**Abillities: Skill Link: Moves that have a chance to hit 2-5 times(e.g. Icicle Spear, Doubleslap, etc) always hit 5 times. Technincian: Moves with base power equal to 60 or less get their power boosted by 50%. Water Absorb: When hit by a water type attack, restores up to 25% of it's HP.
IMO spikes does not help at all in BS. 3 Pokemon wont be enough for them to deal considerable damage even if set at first turn, unless you follow a phasing strategy. Moreover steel is a lackluster offensive type plus gyro ball's unreliable damage and low PP in combination with the lack of second offensive move prevents Curse to be fully beneficial. Also letting ferrothorn without protect in BS means you are prone to be hit by surprise Flamethrowers. Unless you want to use this specefic ferrothorn in wi-fi battling aswell I strongly recommend to replace spikes with power whip. You could also try giving it an Occa berry so that Jellicent can benefit from leftovers' regeneration.
Jellicent is alright. However the lack of special attack EVs and strong moves in combination with the lack of strong special attacks in the team should be considered a weakness.
Cloyster seems to be the most promising of these pokemon being weak to priority moves used by the AI when your HP is low. I also am not sure whether or not this team is proper for it.
Last but not least the team is weak to Breloom and spore as well as double team stallers and I think battles can be kinda tiring.
Overall it is a team with potential but needs some makeovers and a lot of patience when battling, Kudos
Yes, you are right in most of your points, but as you said I also use that ferrothorn for wi-fi, so I'd keep it that way. Anyway, I've tested the Ferrothorn extensively in the subway and I was impressed. Curse wasn't supposed to be there(power whip was supposed to be in it's place), but it makes you "almost" invincile, defence wise. Sure, the battles were long, but I didn't mind too much. What would you suggest I replace Cloyster with? He's great in wi-fi, but crit hax on the turn I shell smash usually gets me...Anyway, I'll have Jellicent ready in a couple of days and will try it. Thanks a lot Smile
Hmm since you have not finished Jellicent yet the only advice I can give is to test the full team, after some matches you will find it's weaknesses and cover them somehow or find a better combination, good luck.
I still don't have the focus sash, BUT I tested it and was deeply disapointed in Ferrothorn. Without leftovers, he's just too easily hax-killed and Jellicent is too good to go. So, I added a Choice Band Scizor(that's where the 48 BP's went instead of focus sash if you were wondering) and it went much smoother. I reached 27 battles and then lost to...haxing legendaries :/ .

EDIT: edited the original post with all the new tweaks/details
Reference URL's