Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Kingnothing412's team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't made this team yet but i don't want to waste my time RNGing useless pkmn.I was thinking of puting:

Item: liechi berry
nature: adamant

~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Bullet Punch
~ Rock polish

EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Item: choise scarf
nature: jolly

~Outrage
~Earthquake
~U turn
~Thunder Punch

EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

nature: Timid
item: leftovers

~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ HP Ice
~ Roost

EV's: 4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe

item: chesto berry
ability: sniper
nature: adamant

~ Rest
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall

EV's: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe

item: life orb
nature: Naive

~ Flamethrower
~ Close combat
~ Grass knot
~ Mach punch

EV's: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold

~ Encore
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Taunt

EV's: 252 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpD

now i chose these pokemon with smogon's help so i don't really know if its a well balanced team.tell me what you think i should change.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/Metagross
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/Flygon
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/Zapdos
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kingdra
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/Celebi

(*if you can give me this pkmn please pm me.i might have something to trade it with. )
Please, for Pokemons' sake, try to be original and ignore smogon. Anyway, first things first, the moves cannot be read due to their yellowish color. You have to focus really hard.

Metagross:
1) Instead of Meteor Mash, use Earthquake. It can be a savior.

2) Also, instead of Lum Berry (which is useless, I'll elaborate later), use Leichi Berry (+ Attack at low HP). Lum Berry is useless because:
a) Metagross cannot be poisoned.
b) Paralysis' ability to half speed can be dealt with using Bullet Punch.
c) Clear Body prevents burn's attack reduction (I think).

On the other hand, Leichi Berry can come in handy. Metagross is the type to resist strong attacks, resulting in low HP. Having your attack boosted by 1 stage, you can go for one hell of a strong Earthquake or a strong and swift Bullet Punch.

Flygon:
Classic Flygon. I'd only replace Thunderpunch with either Taunt or Roar, if it could learn those moves (i'm bored to look it up).

Zapdos and Kingdra:
Those two could make a nice pair. This may be a hard one to pull effectively, but it may be worth it.

Kingra:
Rain Dance + Damp Rock + Swift Swim = Rainy and Speedy

Having rain in effect, replacing Zapdos' Thunderbolt with Thunder could turn the tables. Having one of the strongest moves with 100% Accuracy and having a (slight) chance to break through Portects and Detects (30%) is nice.

Infernape:
If you ask me, seeing an Infernape enter a battle is a big threat. that means I'll most likely switch (something that can be predictable). Then, it's your chance to use either Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. I've used it some times and my ape became an unbeatable beast. I'd replace HP Ice with Nasty Plot...

Celebi:
NO NO NO NO. Celebi is a great stall. It should have moves like Substitute, Leech seed and the like. Those that annoy others (and lead to a switch = stealth rock damage).
(12-08-2011 10:06 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]Please, for Pokemons' sake, try to be original and ignore smogon. Anyway, first things first, the moves cannot be read due to their yellowish color. You have to focus really hard.

Metagross:
1) Instead of Meteor Mash, use Earthquake. It can be a savior.

2) Also, instead of Lum Berry (which is useless, I'll elaborate later), use Leichi Berry (+ Attack at low HP). Lum Berry is useless because:
a) Metagross cannot be poisoned.
b) Paralysis' ability to half speed can be dealt with using Bullet Punch.
c) Clear Body prevents burn's attack reduction (I think).

On the other hand, Leichi Berry can come in handy. Metagross is the type to resist strong attacks, resulting in low HP. Having your attack boosted by 1 stage, you can go for one hell of a strong Earthquake or a strong and swift Bullet Punch.

Flygon:
Classic Flygon. I'd only replace Thunderpunch with either Taunt or Roar, if it could learn those moves (i'm bored to look it up).

Zapdos and Kingdra:
Those two could make a nice pair. This may be a hard one to pull effectively, but it may be worth it.

Kingra:
Rain Dance + Damp Rock + Swift Swim = Rainy and Speedy

Having rain in effect, replacing Zapdos' Thunderbolt with Thunder could turn the tables. Having one of the strongest moves with 100% Accuracy and having a (slight) chance to break through Portects and Detects (30%) is nice.

Infernape:
If you ask me, seeing an Infernape enter a battle is a big threat. that means I'll most likely switch (something that can be predictable). Then, it's your chance to use either Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. I've used it some times and my ape became an unbeatable beast. I'd replace HP Ice with Nasty Plot...

Celebi:
NO NO NO NO. Celebi is a great stall. It should have moves like Substitute, Leech seed and the like. Those that annoy others (and lead to a switch = stealth rock damage).

Sorry about the colours........to be completely honest i copy pasted it from here Toungue
http://greekpokemon.forumsmotion.com/t228-topic

But anyway thanks for the info although when i tried it on P.O. no one seemed to switch on infernape.......Confused they just went with earthquake or earth power if they survived the hit or went first.Also about the kingdra and zapdos thing ive been thinking of making a rain team.........But i don't really see what i could replace for rain dance here so im going to do another one separetely.

Thanks again! Smile
(and something i wanted to ask........is it ok if i make another topic over here for my rain team or is it against the rules?)
First of all, don't RNG, I mean, where's the fun of it without some randomness? First thing I wanted to say is you MUST give Infernape Mach Punch, because once Metagross is down, Cloyster can OHKO the rest after a Shell Smash. I'd also consider getting rid of Explosion on Metagross, let's face it, after the nerf and paired with his speed, it's not that good. You could give it's spot to Earthquake instead. Consider replacing Celebi, since it doesn't really add much...with...Ferrothorn?, Scizor?, Whimsicott? As far as I know you can post your rain team freely in another thread.
(13-08-2011 12:06 AM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, don't RNG, I mean, where's the fun of it without some randomness? First thing I wanted to say is you MUST give Infernape Mach Punch, because once Metagross is down, Cloyster can OHKO the rest after a Shell Smash. I'd also consider getting rid of Explosion on Metagross, let's face it, after the nerf and paired with his speed, it's not that good. You could give it's spot to Earthquake instead. Consider replacing Celebi, since it doesn't really add much...with...Ferrothorn?, Scizor?, Whimsicott? As far as I know you can post your rain team freely in another thread.

ok thanks.So if i was to put whimiscott in celebi's place (i already have a ferothorn and scizor) what moves/ev's should i give it?And about metagross i already replaced meteor punch with earthquake.......What should i put instead?Zen headbut?

(13-08-2011 03:11 AM)JuanDeLolo Wrote: [ -> ]Σου έδωσε απάντηση ο φίλος ο Uchiha ναι ή Ου?

Ναι ξερω σιγνομη..........Big Grin Απλος ηθελα και την γνωμη και αλλων. Smile
Και η αλη ομαδα ειναι η Rain team που θελω να κανω.Θα τη δημοσιευσω καποια στιγμη σημερα.
(13-08-2011 11:04 AM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks.So if i was to put whimiscott in celebi's place (i already have a ferothorn and scizor) what moves/ev's should i give it?And about metagross i already replaced meteor punch with earthquake.......What should i put instead?Zen headbut?

This is what I'd use:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold
252 HP, 28 Def, 224 SDef
Encore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Taunt

The main idea is to lock your opponent into something with Encore, that can allow another pokemon of yours to settup. Use Taunt when you want to stop other stallers/walls/hazard setters. Metagross: Use Rock Polish, might help you outspeed some slower pokemon. Infernape: HP Ice--->Mach Punch
(13-08-2011 11:48 AM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2011 11:04 AM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks.So if i was to put whimiscott in celebi's place (i already have a ferothorn and scizor) what moves/ev's should i give it?And about metagross i already replaced meteor punch with earthquake.......What should i put instead?Zen headbut?

This is what I'd use:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold
252 HP, 28 Def, 224 SDef
Encore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Taunt

The main idea is to lock your opponent into something with Encore, that can allow another pokemon of yours to settup. Use Taunt when you want to stop other stallers/walls/hazard setters. Metagross: Use Rock Polish, might help you outspeed some slower pokemon. Infernape: HP Ice--->Mach Punch
ok Thanks Smile That whimiscot with prankster looks great.
Reference URL's