Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Kingnothing412's rain team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Say, your team's awfully weak against Grass types. I'll take a better look at your team another time, but I figured I had to say so the first time I saw it.
(15-08-2011 01:53 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]Say, your team's awfully weak against Grass types. I'll take a better look at your team another time, but I figured I had to say so the first time I saw it.

Yeah i know.....would repalcing sceptile with ferothorn or venosaur be a good idea?
(15-08-2011 02:36 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2011 01:53 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]Say, your team's awfully weak against Grass types. I'll take a better look at your team another time, but I figured I had to say so the first time I saw it.

Yeah i know.....would repalcing sceptile with ferothorn or venosaur be a good idea?

No no no, Sceptile isn't your problem, it's the huge amount of Waters. You really should get rid of Sharpedo. Swamert and Toxicroak cover just the same. You want to be able to counter grass types, so you probably want a bug or an ice type(I'll think of one and tell you). Give swampert Grass Knot to deal with other water-types that can shake off the other moves(Jellicent, for example). Oh, and replace the links at the bottom with these so noone gets confused(I'm getting annoying, right? >.>) Politoed: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/186.shtml Rotom: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/479.shtml Sceptile: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/254.shtml Toxicroak: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/454.shtml Swampert: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/260.shtml . Something I found out when the subway threw it in my face: Sceptile+White herb using Leaf Storm can be nice, plus safer use of Unburden.
Advice: Use a Ludicolo with Rain Dish, it's a nice stall (and an unpredictable one). It will replenish health (along with a Leftovers). Moveset:
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Also, Politied should be more stall-oriented. It could induce status problems. Instead of Surf, put Scald. But don't use Choice Scarf...
Ok thanls both of you.But isn't rain dish + drizle in the same team banned like swift swim + drizle?
I don't know about smogon bullshit banning everything they want at their will. I don't stand those rules, for example salamence being an Uber. Cresselia with Ice Beam sends it flying like Jessy and James in the anime.

Countering those sets is your test as a good trainer.
No, just Drizzle+Swift Swim...Why? No idea. They are really random abut these...Drought+Chlorophyl is legal..yeah...Mew is in UU....Garchomp is banned(again) and they're leaving Cloyster out there to OHKO half the things. Anyway if are ok with stall, do try Jellicent. It can cripple enemies with W-O-W and Taunt, allowing your team to set-up. From personal experience I can guarantee it won't let you down.
(16-08-2011 01:41 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about smogon bullshit banning everything they want at their will. I don't stand those rules, for example salamence being an Uber. Cresselia with Ice Beam sends it flying like Jessy and James in the anime.

Countering those sets is your test as a good trainer.

well ok then.........never mind.Even if i was to put a ludicolo in i wouldn't know what to replace it with.Also About the grass knot on swampert all of the moves i already had worked perfectly.The water types were just one earthquake after 2-3 curses.I didn't really need a grass type move at all.But anyway i replaced sharpedo with cloyster..tell me what you think.
Hmm well, that's from smogon again? Yeah well, I have quite some experience with it and here's my advice(don't follow it if you want though):
-Razor blade can MISS, and that is a big reason not to use it.
-An all physical set can get walled, go mixed by replacing Razorblade with Surf and Jolly with Naive. You might say -SpDef? Why? Because Cloyster has garbage SpDef anyway, so you won't mind Toungue
-If you do go mixed EVs should be: 252 Atk, 32 SpATk, 224 Speed. Why? 252 speed EVs is overkill. 224 outspeeds everything, so you might as well use those 32.

Hope I helped ^.^
(16-08-2011 02:01 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm well, that's from smogon again? Yeah well, I have quite some experience with it and here's my advice(don't follow it if you want though):
-Razor blade can MISS, and that is a big reason not to use it.
-An all physical set can get walled, go mixed by replacing Razorblade with Surf and Jolly with Naive. You might say -SpDef? Why? Because Cloyster has garbage SpDef anyway, so you won't mind Toungue
-If you do go mixed EVs should be: 252 Atk, 32 SpATk, 224 Speed. Why? 252 speed EVs is overkill. 224 outspeeds everything, so you might as well use those 32.

Hope I helped ^.^

Actualy Cloyser is terible at sp atack as well and with that set in an older team of mine ive killed a ferothorn with icicle spear.I had 2 shell smashes but still.With one i-s id died.(5 hits).Also i hardly ever use razor shell because i don't need it most of the time so i think cloyster is ok........the only thing that might need a change is giving it a white hearb instead of a focus sash maybe.........?Thanks anyway though. Smile
Hmmm as you wish...And again in my opinion White herb isn't superior. Because literaly ANY special hit will OHKO you. About the SpAtk thing though...Cloyster has a base SpAtk of 85 and Atk of 95, so the difference isn't HUGE. Shell smash boosts both anyway. Be careful though. Rock blast can miss so you'll want an alternative you can rely on. But, it's your Cloyster ^.^

P.S. For PO it's ok. But if you're ever trying for the Subway you want to minimize luck involved.
P.S.2. Who let you set up 2 shell smashes? O.o
(16-08-2011 02:45 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm as you wish...And again in my opinion White herb isn't superior. Because literaly ANY special hit will OHKO you. About the SpAtk thing though...Cloyster has a base SpAtk of 85 and Atk of 95, so the difference isn't HUGE. Shell smash boosts both anyway. Be careful though. Rock blast can miss so you'll want an alternative you can rely on. But, it's your Cloyster ^.^

P.S. For PO it's ok. But if you're ever trying for the Subway you want to minimize luck involved.
P.S.2. Who let you set up 2 shell smashes? O.o
Lol Actualy this team is just for battles with other forum members and po.And abou the 2 shel smashes........i was lucky.I had focus sash and the oponent missed on the first hit so i decided to go for the second one.Thats how it sarterd Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's