Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Do you believe in aliens?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I felt that this was an honest question I should ask people on this chat. What are your thoughts on aliens, alien abductions, UFOs, or do you even BELIEVE in them in the first place. Regardless of your choice, please explain your thoughts. I personally believe in aliens, but I don't feel like explaining until this thread takes off. START TALKING!!!
We don't know if they exist, so, we can't be sure for anything. I know many people saying they have seen strange looking people or lights on the nightsky, even my aunt saw one, and I do trust her a lot but I can't be 100% sure 'cause it was not me. What I believe is we're not alone!
i do believe aliens exist because the universe is too big for just us.(and by aliens i mean any other sort of life form)However i also believe that we will never meet them.(and neither will they.)
I'm glad that I see some creativity here! I believe in aliens for about the same reason that Kingnothing412 does. The universe is so big, that there just has to be other planets with intelligent life on them. What I'm worried about, is that those intelligent lifeforms will be like us, and attempt to eliminate the others. And the scary thing about that is Stephan Hawking agrees with me.
A very interesting topic to disscuss.

I personally agree that the universe is too big to be only populated by humans. There certainly are alien forms of life, intelligent or not. They might be just bacteria or so complex that we won't even understand them. But I disagree that we will never meet them. I don't know if all those UFOs and aliens on Earth stuff is true, my guess is it's not, but even so, they will come to us one day. And if they don't, we'll find them by the time we start really exploring the universe.

On the topic whether they will be agressive, it depends. They might be, they might not. I think it doesn't has to do with how much technologically advanced they'll be. It will depend on their views on relationships with other species.

Finally, there's is a chance that we overrate life. Alien life could be much more common that we believe (in simple forms). We haven't even explored the moon yet in detail, how can we even be sure about what happens in other planets or solar systems.
Thats very true. Just because WE need to breath doesn't mean other life has to breath.
Actualy , yes what Divided says is quite true but im not really sure the earth will survive for that long.Maybe in 10.000 years we might meet something but will humanity even exist until then?

Also,sorry to change the subject but has anyone ever heard of "Nibiru" or the "Annunaki" or something like that..........?
(14-08-2011 04:01 AM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats very true. Just because WE need to breath doesn't mean other life has to breath.

Not only this. Other life might be so diferent physically that we won't even realize they're alive (like trees). They may be like crystal formations or even lack a solid state and be actually liquid or gas formations. They migh act extremely slow or connect to each other and create enormous living networks (like plankton), in the size of planets. The possibilities are endless. We don't know what to expect.

Or, on the other hand, life might be only able to occur in planets similar to ours, so they will be more or less like us. But I don't think so.

(14-08-2011 11:20 AM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Actualy , yes what Divided says is quite true but im not really sure the earth will survive for that long.Maybe in 10.000 years we might meet something but will humanity even exist until then?

Also,sorry to change the subject but has anyone ever heard of "Nibiru" or the "Annunaki" or something like that..........?

Humanity will exist forever in Earth, unless an inevitable, huge destruction happens. Even if we nuke 90% of the planet's most powerful nations, people will survive and go on. But scince and technology will be left behind. The real problem is if progress will be made in all these years.

And no, I haven't heard anything about what you mention. What are they supposed to be, aliens that visit Earth and stuff?
(14-08-2011 12:39 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2011 04:01 AM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats very true. Just because WE need to breath doesn't mean other life has to breath.

Not only this. Other life might be so diferent physically that we won't even realize they're alive (like trees). They may be like crystal formations or even lack a solid state and be actually liquid or gas formations. They migh act extremely slow or connect to each other and create enormous living networks (like plankton), in the size of planets. The possibilities are endless. We don't know what to expect.

Or, on the other hand, life might be only able to occur in planets similar to ours, so they will be more or less like us. But I don't think so.

(14-08-2011 11:20 AM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Actualy , yes what Divided says is quite true but im not really sure the earth will survive for that long.Maybe in 10.000 years we might meet something but will humanity even exist until then?

Humanity will exist forever in Earth, unless an inevitable, huge destruction happens. Even if we nuke 90% of the planet's most powerful nations, people will survive and go on. But scince and technology will be left behind. The real problem is if progress will be made in all these years.

And no, I haven't heard anything about what you mention. What are they supposed to be, aliens that visit Earth and stuff?

No it's nothing , forget it.......if you want look it up.Its a theory that humanity actualy has roots from aliens and thats why we are so much more inteligent than other species that live on earth etc but i find it hard to believe.Look it up if you want.

And yes i think your reply to giratina88 is all there is to say.
I've always allowed the possibility of alien life. But, one crazy thought crossed my mind: all the many monstrous and not-so-monstrous creatures that we have come up with? There's a one-in-a-million chance of them actually existing in other worlds.
I can see a planet similar to Zebes with creatures similar to Metroids or other beasts.
Well, I doubt there are many zebes like planets. But who knows? They're might just be a planet that has metroid like creatures on it.
(14-08-2011 07:37 PM)mystery.55 Wrote: [ -> ]I've always allowed the possibility of alien life. But, one crazy thought crossed my mind: all the many monstrous and not-so-monstrous creatures that we have come up with? There's a one-in-a-million chance of them actually existing in other worlds.
I can see a planet similar to Zebes with creatures similar to Metroids or other beasts.

I have a similar crazy thought. What if there's a world exactly like something we have made up, let's say Pokémon. The chances don't actually even exist but consider the following.There are infinite universes with countless galaxies and even more solar systems in each one, the chances are also infinite. So, everything is possible. Somewhere, somewhen.

In other words, I agree with mystery.55.
Thank you for the backup!Smile
i'm sure there's life in other planets but they haven't come here yet...some time we'll sure meet them...Toungue
We won't meet them because our Sun will stop being shiny(sun is a big star for those who don't know) someday, and it will go off our a$$es will freeze off. Even if scientists could do something about that, water will become valuable in the near future and we won't have water to drink and we will die.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's