Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: [READ THIS] IRC Channel - Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm writing this, because of the huge amount of posts done, not only these days, in the *secret forum*

I believe that- no, I hope that everyone knows we already got an IRC channel. If you don't know, then It's #Legendary_Pokemon @ irc.PurpleSurge.net

First of all, the IRC channel is a social platform like our forums. -yes I'm being sarcastic- Quite a few beginners attempt to join our IRC channel in order to find some help. Because sometimes I'm away, or I cannot keep up with all the channels I'm in, they either get no answer, or when I'm there, I tell them "ask on the forums, can't help you etc etc." Nowadays they mostly ask for trades. But, that's not my point.

The answers I give them is to support the forums.

And, my point is I see so many posts in the *secret forum* , while no or little posts are done in other threads. If you post so much in the *secret forum* , why don't you just use our IRC channel which, in my humble opinion, serves better for the reason you use the *secret forum* .

Of course, I do understand that we cannot be in there 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

As a proud member of this forum -it's the only Pokemon forum I use and mostly the only Pokemon site I visit- it kind of disappoints me to see our members not supporting the IRC channel, or even the forums. We've thought of many ideas in the past but eventually the same happens again.

And old users, such as Fernny(<3), Celesime, J, Silver, Celebi etc etc haven't been in the channel for years. Ok, new blood, I guess? :Ρ

Is it so hard to download and USE a program designed for IRC channels? I believe most of you have crapware in your PC, so installing mIRC would be nothing for you. Is it a pain in the butt to open this program whenever you use the PC?

So, if you don't get the point of this thread... it is firstly, to tell us WHY don't you join the IRC channel, and, secondly my opinions on what's going on with the forums and the channel. I don't mean to be rude or offend anyone. That's the way I post.

Well, thanks for reading this thread and we're looking forward to see WHY you don't support the IRC channel.

If you want to use mIRC, there's a guide here, and we list our IRC rules here. (Don't be scared of the word "rules". :Ρ We're nice guys. :Ρ)

Edit: Is it so much fun to use ONLY facebook/twitter/msn?
(18-10-2011 11:26 PM)Celesi Wrote: [ -> ]

Wxactly what i was thinking.............

Anyway joking aside , (this will make me look like a total noob but) what is the IRC chanel?HuhConfused I don't think ive ever heard of it before............
It's our chatroom. Smile You can either login from the main site or using the program called mIRC(it's in the post)

#t...l-why#chat <--- chat room.
I sometimes use that channel but generally I don't see many other people in it.Once or twice I had a nice chat with random guys, and it's practicall for arranging battles/trades.

Anyway, I'll try being more online there.
We're not trying to force you. Just tell us the reasons why you didn't come in the channel before. Study? Don't like the channel? Prefer msn etc? Smile
For me there isn't a particular reason, I just don't use it. When I visit the forums I don't consider the IRC channel something really interesting or worthy. I know that sometimes it's nice to be in there but since I usually have to w8 a bit for anyone to be online there and time can't be wasted, I don't use it. If there's a particular reason (want to arrange something) I do but not just to ckeck what's going on in the channel.

As for what you mentioned about ways of chat/communication with other members, I personally prefer msn or even better skype. But I don't mind using the IRC channel more, I am just not used to it.
oh you mean the chat..........Well.........i never see anyone online Confused

Anyway i'll start checking it more often...........
Super mod i downloaded mIRC.how can i join our channel?i copy paste the name you wrote on original post but didnt work. tell cause i dont know how to use this program
Tzanakos, there you go: #t...o-use-mirc
ok super mod is super mod but nothing compares to an admin Toungue thx NM2
Reference URL's