Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Poke-Combinations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope there is no other thread like this, I 've seached but haven't find one similar to this, so I guess I'll make one... Anywayssss...

Of caurse it's known from almost everybody that a team-strategy becomes unique thanks to the pokemon, type, move and ability combinations that involves... Because of that we can't say that we have the Ultimate Team or be totally sure that we can win against someone, even if we now his team (completely)...
============-========================-===================-====

Well, this thread has to do nothing with explaining what strategy is, though I thought that it would be interesting if I started the thread like that Toungue

Here we can post poke-combinations (the ones mentioned before), that we have come up with or just seen someone use them...

For expample, a well known combination of Move & Type/Ability is (in double battles) to use Earthquake while your ally is a Flying type,has the ability Levitate or has used Magnet Rise...

Still this is a very easy to think (let's say) combo, there are many many more that are more complicated...

I'm going to post some that I find while battling or just think, from now and on, and so do you (I hope)...

However there are 4 combos that I feel like l have to mention NOW:

----------------- The Truant Combo ---------------------------------------------------
1)Our Durant with Truant ability (not availabe yet) uses [size=large]Entrainment
so his enemy's ability becomes Truant too (meaning he will use any kind of move one time every two turns...)

2) We sent a Pokemon with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap (meaning no escaping) into the battle (switching Durant) and starts doing this:
Stat Boost Move then Protect, Stat Boost Move then Protect,..... for as many turns needed... then attack with maxed stats....

Let's take Chandelure or Gothitelle for example, they can use Flame Change-Calm Mind or Calm Mind-Trick Room while their oponent can't attack, then use protect as the oponent's ability now allows him to play. This can be repeated many times, just make sure that the enemy can't use Selfdestraction moves or just die because of Poison...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------The Unbeatable Spiritomb/Sableye (Double Battle)--------------

(It is quite famous, still I haven't seen someone using it yet....)
Starting with a Shedinja with Wonder Guard and an Alakazam with Skill swap we try to pass the Wonder Guard ability to a Sableye or Spritomb, pokemons that have no Weakness!!!

1)Alakazam uses Skill swap on Shedinja.
2)Shedinja switches to Spiritomb/Sableye.
3)Alakazam uses again Skill Swap on his ally making him unbeatable...

Pay attention to Mold Breaker and Scruppy opponents.
The now unbeatble pokes might die because of the weather the status problem, their held item....

It's quite difficult to be achieved, still what comes after it's achievement, its called: FUN Toungue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------The F.E.A.R. -----------------------------------------------
A.k.a "F***ing Evil Annoying Rodent" it must be known from everybody I guess...

It can be achieved with:
Case 1) Lv.1 Pokemon with Focus Sash (or Sturdy ability in 5th Gen), Endeavor and a Priority Move (Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Sucker Punch etc)...

Case 2) Any Pokemon with Focus Sash, Trick Room and Destiny bond...

The strategy is simple.
Case 1) Let your Pokemon ,after surviving with just 1 HP, use Endeavor so that your openents pokemon's health goes down to 1 HP too...
Then use the Priority Move to kill it for sure as it has just 1 HP...

Case 2) Let your Pokemon ,after surviving with just 1 HP, use Trick Room so that the next turn you will play first.
Then use Destiny Bond to take the enemy down with you...

Pay attention to any Entry Hazards, as this can destroy your strategy.
If the Oponent has leftover you might need to have your pokemon more than 1 level...
Watch out for the oponent's priority moves...

That's all for now...
PLEASE mAKe This THreAd BiGgEr!!!!!
I think that the WonderTomb combo is not possible. I remember trying to Skill Swap Wonder Guard into a Gardevoir in Gen 3 and I think it didn't work.
(01-11-2011 08:15 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the WonderTomb combo is not possible. I remember trying to Skill Swap Wonder Guard into a Gardevoir in Gen 3 and I think it didn't work.

Lol, as i've said i haven't ever tried, still I as you say that id doesn't work I'll use pokemon online to check and I'll post the results...
Another nice combo that could be used is the explosion one.

Simple strategy. One ghost/ pokémon with protect with a partner with explosion (normal gem for bonus power). If it succeeds it can quickly sweep 1/3 of the opponents team. Ofc you may think, it can be predicted and used against the user. Switch to a ghost or protect from the enemy could mess things up. So you can be even smarter and use another move instead.

This is pretty useful in Gen V, cause you can disguise Zoroark to a ghost or common exploder (1st one is better, avoids fake out too) and surprise the enemy.
(03-11-2011 05:26 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Another nice combo that could be used is the explosion one.

Simple strategy. One ghost/ pokémon with protect with a partner with explosion (normal gem for bonus power). If it succeeds it can quickly sweep 1/3 of the opponents team. Ofc you may think, it can be predicted and used against the user. Switch to a ghost or protect from the enemy could mess things up. So you can be even smarter and use another move instead.

This is pretty useful in Gen V, cause you can disguise Zoroark to a ghost or common exploder (1st one is better, avoids fake out too) and surprise the enemy.

Basically I have never thought of that, as I use to battle only on 1v1 pokes.
However It really clever and cool and awesome and great and interesting and exciting Toungue

I have just a question,
When you use surf on a 2ble poke battle it's power (surf's) is (i think) halved so that all pokemon in the field will get hurt...
Isn't explosion like that? cauz if yes then you should have boosted attack before go BOOOOM!...
^ Moves that hit both of the opponent's Pokémon like Heat Wave, Water Spout and Rock Slide have their power reduced by 25% in doubles. However moves that hit all Pokémon in the field, including yours, like Surf, Earthquake, Discharge and Explosion, keep their original base power.
(04-11-2011 10:45 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]^ Moves that hit both of the opponent's Pokémon like Heat Wave, Water Spout and Rock Slide have their power reduced by 25% in doubles. However moves that hit all Pokémon in the field, including yours, like Surf, Earthquake, Discharge and Explosion, keep their original base power.

OK, I didn't know that ,still I could figure out that something went wrong in 2bles with those moves Toungue
Reference URL's