Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: 5th Gen PotW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed just recently , thanks to my obvious lack of observating skills, that the site does have its own weekly PotW feature.However, the moment I thought that I would no longer need to base all my hopes on serebii for a good pokemon to be commented on, I noticed that only Gen IV pokemon appear on it.
I do understand that there might be specific reasons about it, though I do dare suggest this : Why not make an unofficial PotW feature in these forums ?
Okay, I know there are already many people concerning themselves with the site's official PotW, but I do feel like a Gen 5-affected pokemon would help many people.
Of course, such a thing requires work and co-ordination, as well as help from those who are willing to share interesting ideas about any pokemon that is placed either on OU or the UU tier.This means that one is asked to share an idea for both Garchomp AND Altaria.
So, what do you think?
(If this suggestion is insulting or disturbing or anything similar to the site's funcionality I am okay with any admin closing/deleting it)
The Potw has been inactive for years. Also, I wouldn't recommend relying on Serebii for competitive sets, better prefer some competitive battling site ( smogon Toungue ) .
My actual point was this : Why look up on any kind of site for tips on competitive pokemon, while many of us here have enough experience to judge a pokemon and even come up with effective movesets and general training of the pokemon.
That said, we could, for instance, refer to a pokemon in one thread (say one from a number of members wishing to spend time on that) and the rest are giving their ideas about it on replies.This way, we will have more instant reflection of LP's trainers' opinion, and it will help the less experienced in creating a good team.
Example : Argente844 creates the thread "Potw Gen V : Mienshao".
"Mienshao's base stats are X Atk Y Def N S.Atk M S.Def...."
"Also, Mienshao has access to [Names of moves taught via TM/HM] and [Names of moves taught via breeding]"
That done, other members of the forum may check out the thread, and if they find the pokemon chosen noteworthy enough, they will reply with a suggestion of their about how said pokemon may be used.
Go on ahead, make a thread (although the Potw tag seems "wrong" to me, better use something else) about some competitive Pokemon ( or maybe some Pokemon not widely used, but one you like and has potential) and see how everyone here responds.
Ι bet it is worth a shot.Let's see!
I admire your optimism Toungue Although the general (in)activity in the forums makes me skeptical.
It is not like I am doing something wrong, anyway.Worst case scenario is the idea to leave everyone unimpressed.However, I did see a lot of replies when I asked for information about Forretess.Thus, I have some hopes.
(04-11-2011 03:27 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]That said, we could, for instance, refer to a pokemon in one thread (say one from a number of members wishing to spend time on that) and the rest are giving their ideas about it on replies.This way, we will have more instant reflection of LP's trainers' opinion, and it will help the less experienced in creating a good team.

This was what I thought about when I saw your thread, the idea isn't bad. Kind of like how Serebii's PotWs are done, but instead of people just posting sets and then having a guy ignore them, we can just have a normal discussion about a Pokémon. The idea isn't bad itself but if every thread gets 5-10 posts, then there's no point. If more people are interested in this, I can make a sub-forum in the competitive battling section for those threads.
That would be great!
I already made a thread like that so we can see how much attention it draws.If, within a week, it has reached a number of replies I think it will be liked as an idea.
Thanks for your support NM2!
This would be an amazing idea! I personally like how serebii doesn't only choose OU Pokemon and how they count everyone's opinion in. Even though the LP community is a bit small/inactive I think it's worth a shot. The point of the game after all is having fun in the long run, no?
Ι believe that if we inform the most active members (KingNothing, JDL, Fr3, Db0 etc) along with us here, we can have a potential "team" of people spending time on it.Besides, who wouldn't like to have a say in a pokemon they have trained/used or one they are thinking of raising ?
(04-11-2011 09:25 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]...we can have a potential "team" of people spending time on it.

Just so that my post isn't misunderstood, when I mentioned that way Serebii does the PotWs, I didn't mean anyone would get to write an "article", I was just referring to the threads, the discussion, the fact that the members participate. What I had in mind was just a thread about a single Pokémon.

(04-11-2011 09:16 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]...and how they count everyone's opinion in.

Protip, they don't. Toungue I've taken a glance in some of the threads where some interesting movesets were posted but were completely ignored. Not hating on the guy that writes the PotW but I seriously doubt he takes any posts into account.
(04-11-2011 10:41 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011 09:16 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]...and how they count everyone's opinion in.

Protip, they don't. Toungue I've taken a glance in some of the threads where some interesting movesets were posted but were completely ignored. Not hating on the guy that writes the PotW but I seriously doubt he takes any posts into account.

Still interesting competitive discussions can happen. And we don't discuss about competitive battle here too often, so it would certainly be nice Smile
Ι didnt mean that either, do not worry.Actually, it was my bad to refer to a "team".However, we do need some people to show interest so that the whole thing is shown to others as well.
Reference URL's