Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Weekly Pokemon Thread : Escavalier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, thanks to a fellow member, I decided to try out the idea of a pokemon from Gen V begin discussed every week.For now it is being tested experimentally, but if people seem to respond, I will establish it as a weekly habit. ^^
So here is the first pokemon to comment on , and make suggestions about : Escavalier.
Very nice design, not a first-seen typing but one which is always useful as it has only one weakness (and one which ruins it as it is common to see and 4x) and three high base stats : Attack, Defense, Sp.Defense.
More specifically Escavalier's base stats are :
HP 70
Attack 135
Defense 105
Sp. Attack 60
Sp.Defense 105
Speed 20
Possible abilities: Swarm, Shell Armor. Hidden ability: Overcoat

Its egg moves include :
Megahorn
Pursuit
Counter
Horn Attack
Faint Attack
Bug Bite
Screech
Knock Off

Most notable TMs/HMs (This would make the post way to long, so I would rather place up to 8-9):
Tm06 Toxic
Tm18 Rain Dance
Tm40 Aerial Ace
Tm76 Struggle Bug
Tm84 Poison Jab.

I am anxious about your comments on this pokemon as well as suggestions about its training/movesets/role in teams.
I note from now on that this is done mostly to help people interested on Pokemon of the 5th generation but cannot decide what their use should be like.
^
Better leave some gaps to your post so it can be read better. Modifying with underline or bold could help, too.

So, about escavalier.Apart from what you mentioned, it has an excellent base attack as well as very low speed (20). This means nice potential as a trick room sweeper. It would be propably one of the best, if it hadn't a truly dissapointing movepool. Megahorn is nice of course but still the only good move it can learn. STAB megahorn and iron head do inflict heavy damage (especially with life orb) but offer limited covearage. Both of them weak against fire and steel. That'a bad. You could add return (normal type, still bad) but still threats like Chandelure resist everything while a Jellicent can W-o-W you and easily wall you, just as Skarmory. Pursuit/ doesn't help much, unlike Scizor. Maybe a protect could help in the 4th slot, especially in doubles.

It's great defenses, along with some EVs in Hp and its type, allow it to stand some damage (not fire) but stil lacks a recovery move. So stalling is not a very good option, imo.

Concluding, Escavalier has great ofensive capabilities, especially in a trick room, yet his bad movepool greatly reduces it.
Very nice thread. First of all I see no big reason in why you should use Escavalier over the beloved red ant(Scizor). However I'll try to resist Scizor for a bit Toungue. While it has great Def/SpDef and awesome Atk stats, it has no means of healing. And that's bad, espeically when you're one of the slowest pokemon out there.
Now for the teamates, he surely loves trick room. He is so SLOW that he'll outspeed almost everything. A great partner would be the mighty Jellicent. I'm sure most of us are familiar with the Jellicent-Ferrothorn combo. Might work here as well. Because of how much of a pain Fire types are, especially Chandelure, you want something to counter them. A good use could be in a rain team(even though I despise weather teams) as your Fire weakness is lowered and your water types would have an easier time with the enemies.
Overall he is ok, can be great in trick room but is greatly outclassed by Scizor.

P.S. Will you be posting a mini-analysis like Serebii's POTW at the end of the week? Big Grin
@Vezok78 For now this thread is just to check out the general interest of people.If it goes well, there will be much more than what I just described.NM2 mentioned opening a sub-forum especially for this PotW-kind.But this means it has to get enough replies.SO, keep 'em coming !
Reference URL's