Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Yanmega's Revenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yanmega’s Revenge

As you can see this team is based around Yanmega DW OU. I hope you can help perfect this team.
Team assembly
I thought to make a team that revolves around a forgotten bug (which is a great special sweeper along with Butterfree) Yanmega. He should not be forgotten with two of the best ability’s in the game, a huge special attack and an ok speed and move pool .I believe that Yanmega can be a successful OU sweeper.
Since stealth rock blows away half of Yanmega’s HP every switch in a rapid spinner will be necessary. Starmie fits perfectly, able to KO most dragons and waters.
Conkeldurr is a strong fighting type able to take out most threats to Yanmega. Making a strong team mate for Yanmega.
I need an ice to take out Gliscor and meager threats of my team so why not Momoswine.
Sizor is here to do damage and stay alive (meant to be a late game sweeper) .Ferrothorn sets up spikes and spreads paralysis .

In depth
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
IVs:0 spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is supposed to set up spikes and spread paralyses on the opponent’s team. He is also a solid wall able to stall most sweepers and KO them. He can KO Starmie with gyro ball and deal serious damage to slow pokes with power wipe (if they don’t resist it).He has problems with taunt Fortress. So I usually switch to Scisor .The IVs, EVs and even the nature help gyro ball do the maximum damage.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
This is my Rapid Spinner. He has a huge special attack and a great speed it is really hard to wall Starmie. I need Starmie to help take of stealth rock from the field, opening a possible sweep for Yanmega. Also a great partner for Conkeldurr killing Poison Heal Gliscor with ice beam. If any ghosts that believe he doesn’t hold psychic switch in on him Scizor is always holding pursuit.

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
Yanmega .A sweeper that few people recognize his power. It may have his downs but obviously has his ups. Being 4x weak to stealth rock and being weak to electric, flying, fire and ice it’s no wonder it isn’t very popular. But two 4x resistance to fighting and grass immunity to ground and a 2x resistance to bug is not very bad. Combine this with tinted lens high special attack and speed makes Yanmega a good sweeper (personally, I already OTKOed 5 pokes with Yanmega’s air slash). Air slash and bug buzz are almost unresisted HP ground to handle Heatran and giga drain to help heal the constant switching in on stealth rock.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Payback
Having the strongest attack stat in the metagame (counting guts but not choice band)is why Conkeldurr is one of the best partners to Starmie and Yamega . I prefer Flame orb over choice band because I like to hit ghosts and steals without needing to switch. Payback is to hit ghosts that wall Yanmega (Gengar and Chandelure). Stone edge for coverage, mach punch for priority stab and superpower for a powerful stab move.

Mamoswine (F) @ Life orb Replaced by Rotom-F
Trait: Tick fat
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Calm Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
- Ice Shared
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Mamoswine is supposed to handle electrics *cough*Magazon*cough* that take out Scizor and ice weak pokes *cough*Gliscor*cough* that cause tubule to Conkeldurr .Ice shard is priority STAB that hurts Gliscor and many other ice weaks .Earthquake is one of the best moves in the game and it hit super effectively electrics. Stealth Rock is also a great move. Stone edge is ok good power and side effect but shaking accuracy fits nice with EQ.

Rotom-F @ Life Orb Replaced Mamoswine
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
Rotom-F lost his popularaty probably because he is no longer a ghost. But he did get somting usefull stab boltbeam resisted by a small number of pokes.

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers Replaced by Durant
Trait: Technician
EVs: 56 HP / 180 Atk / 88 Def/176 SDef/8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
Scizor kills most counters of my team (Forretress, ghost, psychics, ect.).This set may surprise the opponent with some bulk and leftovers he can escape from Magnezone with U-turn or KO it with superpower ,trap ghosts with pursuit , weaken steel weaks with bullet punch.

Durant (F) @ Life Orb Replaced:Scizor
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Fang
He replaced Scizor to deal more damage and faster obviosly he lack priority and pursuite but can be a useful sacrifice in some cases .
Ι think that your team is well-made.
Your choice of Yanmega is also going to surprise some opponents.
However, it does have a weakness : Trick Room.
I believe that this team will suffer if a Reuniclus survives a potential KO and sets up trick room, as the only Pokemon that will actually be worth switching is Conkeldurr (Scizor as well, but there are many Pokes that would "outslow" it.Of course this DOESN'T mean that you will be doomed, survive four turns and it all on your side again.

Also, do not be that sure that Ice Shard can KO all Gliscor just because of STAB and priority.Gliscor is a pokemon with high defense stat, and access to Stone Edge.This mean trouble if the opposing Gliscor survives (which is neither impossible nor rare, especially if it holds FS).I really think Starmie should handle this, as it can outrun probably every Gliscor, and Ice Beam is the scorpion's real killer.

Moreover, I would strongly suggest replacing Scizor.It is bulky, yes.It has very good attack as well, yes.But I do not think it has that much potential as a "hybrid" role.How about Durant ? Same type, slightly lower Defense, but slightly higher Attack and much higher speed.Also, it has acess to Swarm, and ability that pairs well with FS, and Hustle, which is an all-moves Technician at the cost of accuracy, a problem that can be halved if given the +10% accuracy lens (cannot recall their name atm.)

Lastly, I would ask you to consider either changing Conkeldurr's item with Flame Orb (Toxic Orb deals all the more damage , letting COnkeldurr survive shorter) or getting a COnkeldurr with Sheer Force and provide it with Life Orb (+30% power to abilities with secondary effect, no damage from Life Orb).
That would be my personal rating of your team.I do belive it is very good, and if some fixes are made I think you will be a very competitive OU player.
First of all, I'd keep Scizor over Durant. Bullet Punch's priority is vital.

Secondly, your team has a huge weakness to Fire. You have only one Pokémon that can take powerful Fire-type moves, Starmie, and even that is EV'd offensively and lacks Recover so you can't take repeated hits. A fast Pokémon like Infernape or Choice Scarf Heatran/Chandelure will murder your team. I'd suggest you take out one of your Pokémon that's weak to Fire for one that resists/is immune to Fire. Since this may throw off your team's balance a bit and may require a few other changes, I'll wait for you to make any changes before posting more.
Reference URL's