Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Trick Room: How do you counter it ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this might sound like a stupid questions to most experienced battler, but I have actually concerned myself a lot with this subject lately.What happens when you find yourself with two sweepers leading your team, facing a Reuniclus and a Conkeldurr? I personally start running around yelling "No fair!" Toungue.But, seriously, what plan would you think of to stall, or even exploit, a potential Trick Room trying to ruin your sweeping dreams ?
You can just stall it by predicting your opponent's moves.Another way to counter it is to bring in you own reuniclus/conkeldurr Toungue It's a difficult strategy to face because it's not that common.
First of all, are you talking singles or doubles here?

Assuming you're talking about doubles, you can stall it out with some clever use of Protect, outpredicting your opponent. Pokémon with Prankster are also good, priority Substitute in the case of Tornadus and Thundurus or Recover in the case of Sableye do help. If you're playing in VGC format, bring-6-use-4 that is, you can have a super slow Pokémon in your team just in case your opponent runs Trick Room. Escavalier is the most common one, because it can use Megahorn to hit the Psychic-type Pokémon that set Trick Room.

If you want to prevent your opponent from setting Trick Room up, you can attack their Trick Room Pokémon with both of yours, but that usually won't work because Trick Roomers are paired with Follow Me/Rage Powder users. Another way is to have a Pokémon with Trick Room yourself and use it to revert the change. And the coolest way is to have a Pokémon use Imprison and lock your opponent's Trick Room (and usually Psychic as well, since both Pokémon will have it). Toungue
a)Assuming that he uses his first pokemon to use Trick Room, taunting your opponent will save you Toungue
b)You can have an very slow, but strong pokemon in your team too, like Rhyphearior, still as it's too slow for no trick room battles your can learn him Rock Polish....

Using priority move can as well be help full some times...

I don't have anything to add as nm2 has posted the most common ways to beat a TR team Rolleyes...
Reference URL's