Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Most underrated pokemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says , what pokemon is most underrated in your opinion?

I believe its:

[Image: 206.png]
Dunsparce

I don't really know why , but many people tend to think its ugly , useless , that it would be better if it didn't exist And that they can't see where it could possibly have any use.it might not have high stats but as smogon says , it has Serene Grace and it can learn moves such as rock slide , body slam , zen headbutt and others that make it quite good even in RU.Ok.....i have to say , it is not one of the best pokemon out there but there it is certainly not one of the worst.There are much weaker and more useless pokemon than dunsprace.
dunsparce is definately the most underrated pokemon ever. it is (as you can prbably tell ) my favorite. it was one of my first johto pokemon. i used it to be the silver gyms and elite four. i sorta became lvl. 100 before my starter did. it proves very useful.
One of the most underrated pokemon, in my opinion, is Lopounny.
I know, low defenses and mediocre to low offense will not be made up for by its good speed.
However, Lopunny can still exploit both its annoying first ability (Klutz) and its good speed.

First of all, a Speed-based Lopunny can outrun all tanks and most 90 base speed sweepers (Haxorus, Gliscor etc.).This means it can use Switcheroo and kindly offer them an Iron Ball (thanks to Klutz its speed will not be halved by the Iron Ball) or use Entrainment on them, which means they lose both their ability AND their held item (in Gliscor's case this could be horrible if it runs Poison Heal and Toxic Orb has been activated.).
Moreover, it is capable of using "After You" during Doubles in order to help slow attackers to outrun what Lopunny can outrun, or it can Encore a non-damagin move, rendering a slower pokemon useless for some turns.
Last but not least, Lopunny has access to Magic Coat, which can work like a pseudo-Magic Bounce if your prediction is good, and STAB Dizzy Punch or Sweet Kiss, if you believe confusion can earn you some turns of survival , or force your opponent to switch out (or perhaps waste their Lum Berry, if used on an Outrage dragon.)
(12-12-2011 05:24 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the most underrated pokemon, in my opinion, is Lopounny.
I know, low defenses and mediocre to low offense will not be made up for by its good speed.
However, Lopunny can still exploit both its annoying first ability (Klutz) and its good speed.

First of all, a Speed-based Lopunny can outrun all tanks and most 90 base speed sweepers (Haxorus, Gliscor etc.).This means it can use Switcheroo and kindly offer them an Iron Ball (thanks to Klutz its speed will not be halved by the Iron Ball) or use Entrainment on them, which means they lose both their ability AND their held item (in Gliscor's case this could be horrible if it runs Poison Heal and Toxic Orb has been activated.).
Moreover, it is capable of using "After You" during Doubles in order to help slow attackers to outrun what Lopunny can outrun, or it can Encore a non-damagin move, rendering a slower pokemon useless for some turns.
Last but not least, Lopunny has access to Magic Coat, which can work like a pseudo-Magic Bounce if your prediction is good, and STAB Dizzy Punch or Sweet Kiss, if you believe confusion can earn you some turns of survival , or force your opponent to switch out (or perhaps waste their Lum Berry, if used on an Outrage dragon.)

Wow! What a great idea Smile Iwill never see lopunny in the same way!You are right , lopuny can be really usefull.

AtomicMewtwo

Smeargle. Lock-On, Protect, Sheer Cold, Recover with Max Defense for the Win! (Don't forget Leftys Toungue )
Yes, i will agree with atomicMewtwo(nice nickname! Smile ), because if you use smeargle properly and with the right moves, it can be a massive pain in the butt.
(16-12-2011 03:12 PM)andrreaskal13 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i will agree with atomicMewtwo(nice nickname! Smile ), because if you use smeargle properly and with the right moves, it can be a massive pain in the butt.

Actually , who ever underestimated smeargle? Confused I Always see it as a huge threat.....
a LOT of people believe this... trust me..
I think its Pikachu!
(17-12-2011 11:05 AM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]I think its Pikachu!

pickachu? Ok.......well , could you please explain why? ( Although i think its one of the most overrated pkmn out there Confused )
Definately Cryogonal. It is neverused although it has hugh potential.
ummm.... where is that huge potential?ConfusedConfused
(20-12-2011 06:02 PM)andrreaskal13 Wrote: [ -> ]ummm.... where is that huge potential?ConfusedConfused

Timid @ leftovers
92 HP / 248 SpA / 168 Speed
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Hidden Power Ground
Recover

OR

Calm @ leftovers
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Recover

I'd say it's pretty powerful. Could cause a lot of problems if used in the right way in the with team. I might even consider making a cryogonal based team myself now that i think about it Smile
Illumise. It may not necessarily be powerful, but with a few TMs it becomes a decent Sp. Sweeper. Nobody knows this because they don't give it a shot.
Masquerain
Why Masquerain?
Check this first.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-42194329
I made a huge mistake with the weather.But I was still able to defeat a whole team (which had 2 Ubers) with 2 Quiver Dances (from Cubchoo and later)
But it's still a NU.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's