Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Counter of the uncounterable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course the title is an exaggeration.However, most of us will agree that there are some widely known pokemon/strategies/combinations that are a real pain to counter, especially on Wi-Fi battles.The ones that look most interesting to me are :
  1. Shell Smash Cloyster
  2. Beat Up Terrakion (in Triple Battles mosty)
  3. Sweeping Starmie
  4. Bulk Up COnkeldurr (okay not that much but I do have a hard time stalling this thing)
  5. Prankster Sableye /w Recover,WoW and Taunt.
  6. Endeavor-Sturdy-Shell Bell Aron /w Sand Stream lead
  7. Sand Rush Excadrill in Sandstorm
  8. Finally, Rest-ydration in Rain

Now, I know of you people consider these tactics an everyday task to surpass, but I have not doubt that there are many others who do face a real challenge when they have to face this stuff.
Thus, I am hereby asking you all : What anti-tricks do you use against these tricks ?
Also, if anyone has an idea of another tactic that can be hard to stand up against, and has already discovered a way to stall/break it, feel free to explain to us!
[Image: tumblr_lhlf17UPpl1qcdfkzo1_500.png]
Ridiculous walls , scarfed pokes , insane attack and SpA stats and most importantly , Two pokemon with a Priority move.That's all i know.

Conkeldur , machamp , Dragonite , Ferowthorn , mew and blisey are some examples.
For the ones that take advantage of speed, a good counter is always trick room. But, the problem is, not all teams can be easily changed in order to be efficient in a trick room.

And that damn Cloyster, it's so annoying. Equiped with focush Sash, it can easily shell smash once it's given the chance, then proceed to sweeping. Thanks to it's moves (and it's ability that makes em so powerful) it can easily kill dragons, break sashes/sturdy and cause problems to many walls. Moreover it is a notable threat to Gliscor.
@Db0 I must admit, I did expect the Gliscor reference to come from Vezok.Anyway!

One more threat I forgot to add up , which Db0's reference to TR reminded to me, is no Speed-EVed Scizor.That damn devil with STAB-Techni-Bullet Punch can ruin an entire strategy!
(12-12-2011 12:06 AM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]@Db0 I must admit, I did expect the Gliscor reference to come from Vezok.Anyway!

One more threat I forgot to add up , which Db0's reference to TR reminded to me, is no Speed-EVed Scizor.That damn devil with STAB-Techni-Bullet Punch can ruin an entire strategy!

no ev'd scizor.........now that's something i havent't heard of before.Sounds good Smile
1)Shell Smash Cloyster
2)Beat Up Terrakion (in Triple Battles mosty)
3)Sweeping Starmie
4)Bulk Up COnkeldurr (okay not that much but I do have a hard time stalling this thing)
5)Prankster Sableye /w Recover,WoW and Taunt.
6)Endeavor-Sturdy-Shell Bell Aron /w Sand Stream lead
7)Sand Rush Excadrill in Sandstorm
8)Finally, Rest-ydration in Rain

1)Hit it on the turn it sets up,otherwise priority can kill it easily.
2)I don't play tripples so i can't really tell.
3)Sun or ScarfTTar to kill it while it thinks it outspeeds you.Rotom-W/C(does this seem strange only to me?Toungue) are also nice counters.
4)Reuniclus is the best counter to it IMO.
5)An offensive natural cure user such as starmie or a magic guard pokemon.
6)Well if the opponent gets everything he needs it's uncounterable Toungue However, hazards and weather other from sand is a nice answer to it.
7)Skarmory and Bronzong are fairly solid answers.Fighting priority is also effective.
8)This is not something to counter,changing the weather is all you can do.You can also taunt the opponent.
(12-12-2011 08:02 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]1)Shell Smash Cloyster

1)Hit it on the turn it sets up,otherwise priority can kill it easily.

Yes.....that Dodgy (Every single time we battle....he always beats my cloyster with that annoying dragonite of his.But anyway.)

About conkeldur.....that seems a bit wierd imo.Don't you think an Alakazam would do better? Undecided
I'd prefer reuniclus because it can set up some CM or Trickroom instead of just hitting.Alakazam also has very bad defences and if it has low health it may be killed by a priority mach punch.
I would like to add my opinion, but unfortunately my knowledge of competitive Pokemon is only theoretic. However,the title made me think that I have to post this:

(12-12-2011 08:38 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]About conkeldur.....that seems a bit wierd imo.Don't you think an Alakazam would do better? Undecided

252Atk +1 Conkeldurr (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 4HP/0Def Alakazam (Neutral): 78% - 93% (199 - 235 HP).
252Atk +1 Conkeldurr (+Atk) Mach Punch vs 4HP/0Def Alakazam (Neutral): 42% - 50% (106 - 126 HP).

And that's without any attack boosting item and without taking Guts into account. Alakazam can't switch in on Conkeldurr.
Here is another switch in, that might not be that common due to the fact it is an event pokemon, but it is absolutely disastrous sometimes : Jiarchi /w Iron Head, Body Slam.
Oh yes..this demon's ABility allows the flinch hax to occur all the time, let alone the paralysis chance from Body Slam a.k.a. nothing escapes status.

(My personal preference to counter this one is a priority attacker who can take a couple of Iron Head, like Dusknoir (which I do believe is ideal as it is immune to Body Slam as well.) )
(13-12-2011 11:23 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is another switch in, that might not be that common due to the fact it is an event pokemon, but it is absolutely disastrous sometimes : Jiarchi /w Iron Head, Body Slam.
Oh yes..this demon's ABility allows the flinch hax to occur all the time, let alone the paralysis chance from Body Slam a.k.a. nothing escapes status.

(My personal preference to counter this one is a priority attacker who can take a couple of Iron Head, like Dusknoir (which I do believe is ideal as it is immune to Body Slam as well.) )
That's easy. Snorlax with fire pinch , rest , pursuit and bodyslam works great for me.

@nm2 & Chris21 yeah , i guess you're right. Confused But couldn't we use anything faster? Undecided Reuniclus is too slow for my liking. Confused (and don't say anything about trick room)
Reference URL's