Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Who thinks LP should make an online game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that LP(LegendaryPokemon.net for those who might not know) should make an online pokemon game. I think it would be a good way to get more people onto the site and it would also be fun Smile. I know it's probably hard to make one but i think that that it would be worth while. Does anyone else think the same? And if not why?Huh
Yes, but have you thought what sort of game should we make????Huh
I think a game similar to pokemon vortex but more chalanging would be good and they should make it so that you have to beat all the gyms and elite in a region to be able to catch legendaries in that specific region.
yes.. it needs an expert in computers to develop a game like this.. and the right person is pokemaniac.We should inform him if is he willing to help.
We need to send him a pm then but we should get a few other people to agree with us to convince him and also to make sure that if he does make a game a lot of people would play and not just a few because that would judt be a waste of time. So if anyone else would like LP to make a game please make a post on this thread saying that you would like this to happen(if it can be done).
ok, but we must form a team with him the leader.We all can help,we just can' leave pokemaniac to do everything!But yes, we must have dedication and teamwork to achieve this.
I agree we should ask Arty2 for his permission to do this though as he created this site and we wouldn't want to dp something that he wouldn't like...So Arty2 if or when you do read this may we make(or at leasst attempt) to make a game for LP?
i...........have a bad feeling about this.......Confused Idk , we could try , but this isn't a one-man job , we'll be needing a lot of people like pokemaniac. And keep in mind that this would take years.Not to mention that roms and emulators are banned on this site but whatever........Confused
I know that it's a lot to ask but it could bring more pokemon fans to the forums and that would help the community grow and pokemaniac would surely have help, i'm going to start IT(information Technology) at school from next year onwards and you pretty much just learn about programming in that class, so i'll help if i can.
(16-12-2011 01:01 AM)Luigy Wrote: [ -> ]I know that it's a lot to ask but it could bring more pokemon fans to the forums and that would help the community grow and pokemaniac would surely have help, i'm going to start IT(information Technology) at school from next year onwards and you pretty much just learn about programming in that class, so i'll help if i can.

Well , good idea then. Thing is , We don't want hackeres here because of it Dodgy
(16-12-2011 01:01 AM)Luigy Wrote: [ -> ]I know that it's a lot to ask but it could bring more pokemon fans to the forums and that would help the community grow and pokemaniac would surely have help, i'm going to start IT(information Technology) at school from next year onwards and you pretty much just learn about programming in that class, so i'll help if i can.

Well , good idea then. Thing is , We don't want hackers here because of it Dodgy
True you have a point there but what are the odds of hackers coming? There will prob be a few but not a lot.

AtomicMewtwo

Smogon has a top notch one. I don't think Legendary Pokemon needs one.
^
I have to agree. We don't need a game. And even if we wanted one we wouldn't be able to make one. Game development isn't at all easy, nor game modding is. I don't think anyone here has the knowledge to start and actually finish a project like this.
Actually, the creation of an ordinary game is pretty difficult. Creating an online game, though, would be an even more terrifying task... It needs portability to all kinds of browsers.

A game requires an amazing amount of work. In terms of art, programming, sound, supervising and brainstorming, it's quite a challenge. Were we to make a good game, we would have to be original and hard-working.

The site doesn't need any of these, nor would a game create a new fanbase. On the other hand, creating an independent game from the efforts of LP forum users would be nice, but just for fun and experience.
Even if we did have the required resources for such a big project, it would cross the intellectual property line that fansites are already stepping on.

It was just a year ago or so that several websites with online clones of Pokemon games got multiple Cease and Desist letters and were forced to either go offline for ever or remove all Pokemon references from their content.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's