Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Weekly Pokemon Thread : Hydreigon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I think it was about time I brought that one on the table.A three head- no wait..a single-headed dragon with two brainless heads for arms that spreads disaster whenever and wherever it wants.Mhm..sounds like a good concept for a competitive pokemon to me.125 Special attack, good speed, a movepool bigger than Kingnothing412's last post on Official Spam Corner, whose only price is the annoying level of evolution : 64.Well, it doesn't mean this pokemon is God's (or Devil's) embodiment on earth.In fact, it is one of the few dragon that suffer from Bug weakness and it is the only Dragon that suffers from Fight weakness.Also, due to the fact it is mostly Special-oriented, Blissey shows her trollface when facing Hydreigon 1v1.However, do not let this stuff discourage you! Hydreigon is a powerhouse when used properly, and it can mean of some matches when brought with a good timing.

Type: Dark/Dragon
Ability: Levitate

Base Stats:
HP: 92
Attack: 105
Defense: 90
Sp.Attack: 125
Sp.Defense: 90
Speed: 98

Egg Moves
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Double Hit
Ashtonish
Earth Power
Screech
Head Smash (<---- Say WHAT?!)
Assurance
Dark Pulse

Interesting HMs/TMs
Tm35 Flamethrower
Tm38 Fire Blast
Tm52 Focus Blast
Tm57 Charge Beam
Tm62 Acrobatics
Tm82 Dragon Tail
Tm89 U-Turn
HM03 Surf
[Move Tutor] Draco Meteor

Okay, that Head Smash left me wondering.Anyway..a very nice pokemon although not the best design for a dragon in my opnion but oh well.Let's how YOU people would use its edges!
[Image: level_54_hydreigon__problems__by_giulio_91-d41itpe.png]

"That silly Blissey didn't know Hydreigons learn OUTRAGE!!"
(16-12-2011 04:11 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]"That silly Blissey didn't know Hydreigons learn OUTRAGE!!"

^
My poor Blissey also didin't know that. Now I still try to calm her down everytime a Hydreigon shows up. Also, its face in this pic reminds me Stitch from the Disney movie.

Anyway, hydreigon is an awesome Pokémon like you said but it does have some disadvantages compared to many other dragons. No access to dragon dance (or any decent stats-raising move) and some annoying weaknesses. Still it can be used nicely. And of course, since it's attack stat is prettygood, it could be used as a physical sweeper. Since most people will expect it to go special, it will be a good surprise and hopefully effective as well.

Being able to learn Outrage, Crunch, Earthquake, U-turn, Body Slam (paralysis, lol u mad?), Head Smash it has potential. Psychic immunity and levitate also do help.
Every time I see Hydreigon a phrase I once found in smogon comes to my mind: "Hydreigon is both trolled and a troll." . It's got 1 speed point over Haxorus, wrecking him whenever they duel and yep it's speed stands at 98, being outsped by many many evil things. It is, however, pretty bulky and can take a couple of hits before going down. Some possible sets:

Hydreigon @Choice Scarf/Specs
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
Modest/Timid
Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dark Pulse

Hydreigon @Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
Modest/Timid
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Surf

Overall Hydreigon is usable yes, but it's not best choice out there. Still very usable and also one of the six pseydo-ubers. That last thing, for me, gives it a special charm.

Nice Hydreigon picture:

[Image: tumblr_lmurf3OkW31qluqqno1_1280.jpg?AWSA...Z2gSARc%3D]
vezok pretty much said everything i would have said.
Just a suggestion, you might want to choose pokemon from other generations too, so we could have a look at some more... interesting cases. This week and the next one you could add winter/holiday themed pokemon (Delibird, Abomasnow, Cryogonal, etc).
Ι was thinking so myself.I guess I just see many noteworthy pokemon in 5th, that I completely forgot about the others Toungue
(23-12-2011 02:35 AM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggestion, you might want to choose pokemon from other generations too, so we could have a look at some more... interesting cases. This week and the next one you could add winter/holiday themed pokemon (Delibird, Abomasnow, Cryogonal, etc).

this is a good idea
(23-12-2011 01:41 PM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]Ι was thinking so myself.I guess I just see many noteworthy pokemon in 5th, that I completely forgot about the others Toungue

Actually , how about you search for pokemon that Smogon does not have sets for first? Like for example absol ?
Man..this is hard.Smogon covers almost ALL pokemon sets at the moment.Pokemon with decent or bad are the only ones left, and I can count them on two hands' fingers.
I used some time to think through any fresh ideas for WPT, which will keep on going after my holidays break (sorry for not Christmas special but family issues had priority), and I decided that I will ask you guys to tell me the next pokemon you want to see on the weekly thread.Of course there will be many suggestions , so I will personally decide which one would look more interesting to people.More details coming on Friday! See yas then !
(11-01-2012 01:17 AM)Argente844 Wrote: [ -> ]Man..this is hard.Smogon covers almost ALL pokemon sets at the moment.Pokemon with decent or bad are the only ones left, and I can count them on two hands' fingers.
I used some time to think through any fresh ideas for WPT, which will keep on going after my holidays break (sorry for not Christmas special but family issues had priority), and I decided that I will ask you guys to tell me the next pokemon you want to see on the weekly thread.Of course there will be many suggestions , so I will personally decide which one would look more interesting to people.More details coming on Friday! See yas then !

Well , any unusual pokemon would do Smile
Reference URL's