Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Weekly Pokemon Thread : Gliscor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Batman's second favourite pokemon, and Vezok's first.
A double immunity typing, very good stats in both offense and defense, a creepy look and a DWA that renders Toxic beneficial.
In addition, the moves available to it, in matters of tutors and TMs/HMs, is great, and it allows Gliscor to play either a supporting role (tank, Baton Passer), or some kind of bulky-sweeping role.
But, enough talk, its the numbers' turn to speak.Behold..Gliscor!

Typing: Ground/Flying
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Sand Veil,(DWA) Poison Heal <--(Hahaa ! In your face all you non-water bulkers!)

Base Stats:
HP:75
Attack:95
Defense:125
Sp.Attack:45 (a.k.a. No recommended for Special sweeping Toungue)
Sp.Defense:75
Speed:95

Egg Moves:
Metal Claw
Wing Attack
Razor Wind
Counter
Sand Tomb
Agility
Baton Pass ( <3<3<3)
Double-Edge
Feint
Night Slash
Cross Poison
Power Trick
Rock Climb
Poison Tail
Interesting HMs/TMs:
Tm01 Hone Claws
Tm11 Sunny Day
Tm17 Protect
Tm31 Brick Break
Tm56 Fling
Tm71 Stone Edge
Tm75 Swords Dance
Tm89 U-Turn

So, now that you people have all the info you might need about Gliscor, iask of you two things :
1) Explain how do you use those pncers to cut opponents in ribbons
2) The next WPT should be about : Absol, Machamp, Ferrothorn, other ?
PM me your suggestions! The most suggested one will be the subject of the next WPT.In case of a tie, I will just choose randomly.

[Image: Jahnny_the_Gliscor_Fursuit_by_murkrowzy.jpg]
Oh my god...this costume looks like Jerry the mouse with two small bat wings on his back.Perhaps this image was not my best idea..oh well.

Vezok , ελπιζω να μην εισαι εσυ ο εικονιζομενος Toungue
i dont use a gliscor but i agree it is a pain in the ass every time i have to counter it.i think i would go with the bulky sweeper set cause stalling or batton pass is not my style.generally a very good pokemon
Gliscor, a very nice Pokémon to use in competitive battles and even better now that has gained its DWA.

Type-wise, it has 2 immunities allowing you to switch in and receive any Ground/Electric attack unharmed. Apart from that, it resists fighting, a common offensive choice. As for its weaknesses, it is only vulnerable to water and ice is what literally kills Gliscor. Water resistance could be countered in Sunny Day, however this leaves him more vulnerable to fire-attacks, since it has no natural resistance against it. Ice is the biggest threat out there, especially Ice Beam, and you should always avoid it when you suspect one coming.

Offensively, its better move is probably Earthquake. Even though it can't harm flying Pokémon. It hasn't got any impressive offensive capabilities but since it's bulky it can] deal decent damage if its given the chance. And of course, protect is a must imo, since it allows it to recover HP with its ability.
Gliscor.......one of my favorites.

Impish @ Toxic orb
Poison heal
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 speed

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Protect
Ice fang
Sorry for late replay, ahve been busy. Gliscor is indeed my favourite. I use the set kingnothing posted and play it as follows:

Come in and say hi. Then use protect to activate the toxic orb. Depending on the enemy and what he tried to do, you use SD or switch out, keeping your toxic orb activated. This works by using protect every second turn, giving your free heals and making you hard to take down. On the other hand, with SD you become a fairly threatening enemy offense-wise. The only problem is ice moves and water moves, the latter being more dangerous when a special move. Overall Gliscor is easy to breed and raise to 100 and would be a recomendation to all of you Smile

P.S. Οχι δεν είμαι ο εικονιζόμενος, δεν έφτασα σε τέτοιο σημείο ακόμη Toungue
Reference URL's