Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: PO World Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to know what you guys think of this and if any of you are participating in the World Cup. I for one am participating and I'd like to be able to have practice battles with you guys. For those of you that don't know what this is it's the Pokemon Online World Cup. It's gonna be pretty big so you guys should try joining before the 30th when it starts.
I will participate with the Greek Team if it finally formed and i'll probably play Ubers which is my favourite metagame.We still need some players though,in the lower tiers.
I tried to form a Greek Team the year before and try to compete in the smogon World Cup(Know a few admins and tried to make pressure them for a greek team),but i faced 2 main problems:

1)The greek active trainers that can compete on that level are very few and i didnt want to "destroy" the reputation of the greek team at that time,because almost every game will be loss and all the effort to make a pretty decent team in the near future and try to participate will be rejected.

2)Almost nobody play other tiers than OU.

Id like to see a greek team in that tour(its not an invitational like smogon world cup,even if it doesnt seem so).
i cant help ya in that situation(however u didnt want me chris ;( Toungue) because i mactive about 1h in 3 days yay!

The only thing that may help is that i know almost every pro/noob/retired/retardgs and etc Greek Pokemon player from all the forums and i got a list with the "best of em" who can play competitive pokemon in a high level when i tried to form a team 1 year ago xd

SO,ill root for ya!
GL!

p.s.I GOT EVEN A FLAG TORLOLOLOLOL,with a squirtle and a vuvuzela 2 years ago made from Mundial inspiration !
I agree with you in almost everything you said.I doubt about the competitive level of the team that will participate but i think we have 3 players that can play quite well but as you said most players only play overused.That's why i started playing other tiers too.Also,i feel sorry about what happened in summer(in another forum) mostly because we argued about something unimportant and we could have avoided that if had been less stubborn.Anyway,i think that we must all try our best to make a national team and represent us as country in big tournaments such as PO's World Cup and Smogon's World Cup.I can also help to form a team since i meet guys via the tutoring programs who are respected there such as M_Dragon and could help us form a team.To make my self clear i don't think we can have a really competitive team in the 2-3 following years unless new battlers come out but this should make us work harder to become better.Yeah,that's all i have to say and sorry for being boring/tiring but that's what we have to do in order to get some respect as a country in pokemon.
wisj i'd seen this a week ago........Undecided oh well , that's what i get for not checking the main forum frequently enough Confused

Anyway i would have participated. but about that Greek team thing i'm not sure , i can play UU because more than half of the pkmn i use for OU are for UU but as i am just on low to average level , i'm not good enough. Undecided
There is no greek team anymore.They decided that there weren't enough people to participate so the greek players joined the EU team(i cancelled my participation after that).
(04-04-2012 02:16 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]There is no greek team anymore.They decided that there weren't enough people to participate so the greek players joined the EU team(i cancelled my participation after that).

Well that's a shame Undecided maybe next year then
Reference URL's