Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Back from the Past
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay... I've recently returned to Competetive Battling after a one year break. I am not so sure about what is banned and what is uber, althought I've seen some things in smogon. Because of this, I created a rain team based on a previous team. Any suggestions will be very helpful. Oh and btw this team is DW OU. It has unreleased Pokemon and Pokemon unreleased abilities. I'll create a thread about another WiFi OU Team later. Here we go...

[Image: 186.gif]
Frogger (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 128 HP / 140 SAtk / 140 SDef / 100 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Politoed is the summoner of the rain. It isn't the best Pokemon but its ability is very useful. Also, it can manage to defeat at least the opponent's first Pokemon. Toxic+Protect work just fine. And Ice Beam, Scald are a great choice in order to defeat some Pokemon. Also, in case of an electric Pokemon I switch in Zapdos.

[Image: 641.gif]
Torn'd (Tornadus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- U-turn/Rain Dance
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast

Very Strong. Hurricane+Rain are a great combo. Tailwind boosts the speed of Pokemon like Zapdos or Rotom and Focus Blast is for some rock or metal types like Heatran. I'm not so sure about U-Turn thought, and I think Rain Dance would be a better choice just in case. Also, I will probably change this with Dragonite or Latios.

[Image: 145.gif]
Phoenix (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 SDef
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Toxic

Zapdos is the base of this team. Thunder with 100% accuracy, HP Ice and Roost. Also, its ability is epic, especially because of Pokemon like Tornadus and Politoed. I am not so sure about Toxic thought.

[Image: 454.gif]
Wright (Toxicroak) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

This Pokemon is great but it can be countered easily by Pokemon like Gengar and Spiritomb. Bulk Up is its base, along with a powerful drain punch. It can sustain physical damage easily, because of drain punch, his ability and its item. I'm thinking of chaning it but I can't find something fitting so well in a Rain Dance Team.

[Image: 479-wash.gif]
Washy (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder

Rotom is a really awesome Pokemon. Specs and trick can be very effective against many Pokemon, and Hydro Pump, Thunder are two powerful moves. Shadow Ball is also quite useful, even without stab.

[Image: Spr_5b_649.png]
Iron Bug (Genesect) @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Rock Polish
- Thunder

Beast. Its type coverage is extraordinaire! Bug, Fire, Electric! It's ability is also useful, sometimes and Rock Polish gives a serious boost. A great Pokemon.

Other choices: Dragonite, Breloom, Conkeldurr, Latios

I'd like to hear your suggestions. I am not so sure about Tornadus and Toxicroak. Also, if you have better options about these Pokemon or if you think that I should change one of them, feel free to correct me.
Some of the images don't work.

According to the Smogon ban list (which you are free to follow or not):
Drizzle + Swift Swim - Using both a Pokemon with Drizzle and a Pokemon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.

So the team is legal as far as this is concerned, although I thought otherwise before checking it out.

What are the main problems you've faced with the team? It will be easier for us to give you some advice if you tell us about them.
There isn't any serious problem. Just with Toxicroak and Tornadus as I said. I believe that the others are prety much okay. Also, I haven't any dragon type moves or fire but I don't think that's a problem. But I'd like to hear some suggestions. The team isn't perfect. And Toxicroak is one of the reasons.

PS: I'll fix the image.
i cant undestand why you chose the ev spread on genesect why 72 hp and 184 speed?
I actually don't remember. I believe that I wanted a decent Speed, along with some HP.
Reference URL's