Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Creating your old Pokemon using a program. Morally wrong or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before you jump into conclusions just by reading the title, I suggest you to take a deep breath, relax and actually READ the post.

There are these people who own 2 DS's, 2 GameBoys and both Pokemon games or, their little brother/sister owns one. This makes things easier for them. But there are a lot of people who don't, d'oh.

Everyone wants to complete the Pokedex. Yeah, it's difficult, but that's not the reason of this thread. EVERYONE in the GTS wants a Lv. 9 Reshiram, a Lv. 9 Zekrom, a Lv. 9 Rayquaza etc. You get my point. And what do they offer? A Semisear. I believe this sums up everything. You cannot complete the Pokedex now.

BUT, in your old Games, Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Diamond etc you have Pokemon that you cannot trade to your new game, because you don't own a 2nd DS. Yeeeah, it suuucks.

First time I completed the Pokedex, was with Pokemon Diamond. It took me around 2 years. Doing all those Wi-Fi trades was a PITA.

So, I'm asking you. Creating my Pokemon(exact level, stats etc) from Emerald or Diamond or whichever game you want, and then sending them back to my new Pokemon game, is it morally wrong?
Creating as in? And, is it not possible to borrow another DS?
Creating as in file extension .pkm, and using the GTS to get them, while using a custom DNS.

As for the DS, I cannot borrow one. None of my friends have one. All we got is an SP, Colo(u)r, Pocket and my DS. Toungue
Um.. If I understand correct, you mean to create some Pokemon exactly like yours(with the help of a pc programme I guess) and send them to your game via GTS, right? I don't know... I woul'd accept even a Pokemon that was created as a wild with something like that. I believe that they're not the same. Your real Pokemon is still in your old games. But if you want them so much, or just wait to find a 3DS.

And btw, counting 3DS too, I have 3 DS and I've got friends with a total of 12 DS Toungue
Well, it is as morally wrong as you believe. Personally, I wouldn't do it even if the situation was as you described, just like I don't RNG.

If you think about it, there are hundreds of different opinions about what is and what is not morally wrong about real life, image now about games. And since people generally play games to enjoy themselves, you should do whatever you want in order to achieve this. If you believe this will make the game better for you do it, otherwise don't.
well,i got no DS but i borrow my cousin's one and my other cousin other 2 so i got about 3 Toungue

Mine broke ;(

I always move all my pokemons to my new game from the old one because i like to got all my pokemon to one game.

But,i would never use GTS to complete my Dex with that way u say.

So i believe its morally wrong to do it.

If i have understand right what u say xD
well......that is how some events are done if i'm not wrong so i guess it's like creating your own little event for the pkmn......so i guess it's fine. although i wouldn't use it. i don't really have a problem with it though. i mean , technically , it's just cloning. right?
Well fr3 i can feel you bro since i had the same problem once(fortunately not any more).I dont think its right to do this to acquire a pokemon.Btw since you can enter the PGL i assume you have wifi connection so why dont you ask us or make a thread with what you want.I am willing to help you in every way i can
(16-06-2012 12:54 AM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]Well fr3 i can feel you bro since i had the same problem once(fortunately not any more).I dont think its right to do this to acquire a pokemon.Btw since you can enter the PGL i assume you have wifi connection so why dont you ask us or make a thread with what you want.I am willing to help you in every way i can

[Image: scaled.php?server=811&filename=sadik...es=landing]

As for the idea, thanks. I had thought of it, but I'm not the type of guy that will ask for help. Toungue Later, I might create a thread. Starting from the 5th gen Pokemon, then going way back. I only want them for the Pokedex and make some eggs. And since I live all alone and have my own interwebz connection, everything will be better.
Well fr3, I wouldn't do it, but nobody can accuse you of anything. If you think you will feel satisfied if you use this method to complete your Pokedex, then go on.
I just believe it's like the cloning glitch in Pokemon Emerald. It's exactly the same Pokemon. I can't understand how some people believe RNG is wrong, RNG is ok, cloning in Emerald and DP is ok but they do no accept this one. If some people think RNG is ok, then they shouldn't speak about this method...
(16-06-2012 10:42 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]I just believe it's like the cloning glitch in Pokemon Emerald. It's exactly the same Pokemon. I can't understand how some people believe RNG is wrong, RNG is ok, cloning in Emerald and DP is ok but they do no accept this one. If some people think RNG is ok, then they shouldn't speak about this method...

Wait!How do you know it's the same Pokemon?Did you check the PID?

RNG happens in game,calcucating with a PC.
Cloning glitch happens in game,without a 2nd device.
PokeGen is a program which you use in order to create Pokemon.There's no any program like this in-game.

Also,RNG is legal in tournaments and RM,and it's easier to learn than learning how to create a 100% legit Pokemon in PokeGen.

I think RNG is OK,since you don't do anything in your game,except changing the date in your DS and checking some Chatots' status screens.

I think if you find RNG is hacking,you shouldn't even mention PokeGen and programs/websites like that.

PS:I didn't have a 2nd DS until some months abo,but I was transfering Pokemon from Gen4 to Gen5 with my cousins' DS.

PS2:It's my opinion,though.Opinions are different from person to person.
Reference URL's