Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: PETA Pokémon Parody
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soo, I've just found out that PETA has some sort of a parody of the well-known Pokémon games Black&White, to serve their own purposes. The game can be found here.

I personally find their approach wrong. Sure, I also believe that many people are being cruel and unfair towards animals but attacking the Pokémon franchise for this reason isn't a very clever move. I know that the behaviors and ideas promoted by Pokémon aren't always ideal, but in the end they are fictional. And if you want to look at the bright side, Pokémon can promote some affection and appreciation towards other creatures.

Anyway, apart from the ideological part of it, I liked the game. It's a silly copy of the original games, sure, but it is funny sometimes. I think that the Snivy with the needle at its head will be my new avatar.

So, opinions?
Ι was going to open a thread about it but in greek. So there's not point to open a different thread (even if it's in different language) so I'll make a copy-paste instead from the thread I opened in other forums:

Quote:H τρομοκρατική οργάνωση PETA (η οποία υποτίθεται ότι αγωνίζεται για την ηθική θεραπεία των ζώων), εξιδεικευμένη στο να τρολλάρουν όλον τον κόσμο, ξαναχτυπά για άλλη μια φορά (τι πρωτοτυπία!) με αφορμή το λανσάρισμα του Pokemon Black&White 2:
http://tinycartridge.com/post/3316267494...qus_thread
Προφανώς η όλη κίνηση αποτελεί αντίποινο προς την Game Freak η οποία σατύρισε (εκ προθέσεως ή μη) την PETA μέσω της Team Plasma μιας κι ως γνωστόν κι οι δύο οργανώσεις έχουν τα εξής κοινά:
- Προσπαθούν να σου κάνουν πλύση εγκεφάλου για ν' απελευθερώσεις τα κατοικίδιά ζώα σου με την δικαιολογία ότι τα μεταχειριζόμαστε σαν σκάβους.
- Ενώ προσποιούνται ότι νοιάζονται για τα ζώα οι πραγματικοί τους σκοποί πίσω από τα σχέδιά τους για την απελευθέρωση των ζώων είναι διαφορετικοί και τελείως σκοτεινοί.
- Η μεταχείρηση που κάνουν οι ίδιοι στα ζώα δεν είναι καλύτερη απ' αυτή των "σατανικών ανθρώπων που σκλαβώνουν τα ζώα".

PETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[Image: 6suakw.png]

Kinda related but last year before Easter when we are about to meet at Plateia Syntagmatos for Legendary Pokemon meeting there was a bunch of people from Oikologoi Prasinoi (another famous criminal organization) that were manifesting about souvla. And since I was about to buy two souvlakia I wanted to mock them by going in front of them and eating souvlakia. Unfortunately when I came back with souvlakia they have already left. Damn it!
10/10 would kill humans again.
(09-10-2012 11:24 PM)Vetus Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda related but last year before Easter when we are about to meet at Plateia Syntagmatos for Legendary Pokemon meeting there was a bunch of people from Oikologoi Prasinoi (another famous criminal organization) that were manifesting about souvla. And since I was about to buy two souvlakia I wanted to mock them by going in front of them and eating souvlakia. Unfortunately when I came back with souvlakia they have already left. Damn it!

Well, they do have a point since it is well known that animal abuse is still going strong (as well as violations of the human rights) but that's just not the right way to protest. The way they do it, it's like they are begging to be made fun of.

(09-10-2012 11:32 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]10/10 would kill humans again.

Yeah, it's an interesting twist of the gameplay. I liked how some trainers used attacks like "Cleaver Throw" and the Pokémon just fainted instead of being slashed in half. Of course, nobody expects realism from a video game.
The following from Forbes nails it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2...mal-abuse/

Quote:Aside from the fact that this is clearly a lame attempt to attract publicity on the back of a major video game release (which is why I’m not linking to their site, and you shouldn’t look for it, either) PETA seems to have missed the single biggest theme of the Pokémon series: That Pokémon should be treated humanely and live as our equals.

Oldschool, blackhat viral marketing isn't going to do PETA any good, they should know better than to attack others rather than trying to explain their cause by applying logic.
(10-10-2012 11:18 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]The following from Forbes nails it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2...mal-abuse/

Quote:Aside from the fact that this is clearly a lame attempt to attract publicity on the back of a major video game release (which is why I’m not linking to their site, and you shouldn’t look for it, either) PETA seems to have missed the single biggest theme of the Pokémon series: That Pokémon should be treated humanely and live as our equals.

Oldschool, blackhat viral marketing isn't going to do PETA any good, they should know better than to attack others rather than trying to explain their cause by applying logic.

Seconded. What i find ironic is that b/w focuses the most on that philosophy (or whatever it's called).

Sometimes i really doubt the legitimacy of organizations like this. Especially PETA.
It's a well-known fact that PETA loves to troll people, expecially with their "parody" games. Their ignorance, stupidity and hypocrisy are at legendary levels and that's why instead of making people piss off they make them laugh with them. And talk about them, just like we do now. Of course if I ever meet one of them in front of me and throw me a bucket with blood because I'm eating a hamburger my reaction wouldn't be so peaceful.

And speaking for their parody games yesterday I made this thought:
Since they love to troll people, does that means that the main purpose of these games is not to show their thoughts about other famous games but to attract people to their site in order to get more traffic? Besides, it's not coincidence that they pick harmless, all-ages mainstream games like Super Mario 3D Land and Cooking Mama instead of picking some mature games where there is indeed animal abuse. In older thread they have been mentioned many like like that which were suprisingly ignored by PETA. For example, even if The First Funky Fighter (an old, cult gore arcade game by Taito where you slay crocodiles and sharks with your bare hands) was re-released today for iPhone they wouldn't give a damn.

Here is a funny fanart which fully represents N:
[Image: 2ufdoxh.png]

(10-10-2012 11:18 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]...they should know better than to attack others rather than trying to explain their cause by applying logic.
PETA? Applying logic? HAHA!
Reference URL's