Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Your favourite Pokemon-like games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the blockbuster success of Pokemon almost every other company tried to take opportunity of this craze by making their own games with the same or similar concept (collect and breed monsters/magical creatures/robots/whatever and duel with other enemies/rivals) like Digimon and Monster Rancher or taking inspiration from it (even if they don't follow the same concept and they're different kind of games) like Bomberman Max. Even older, classic francises took this chance in order to make Pokemon-like spin-offs like Megaman Battle Network. And in cases of francises like Shin Megami Tenshi which were about collecting creatures and duel with other creatures before Pokemon came out in the market they later made spin-offs aimed at a younger audience (in the case of Shin Megami Tensei we had Devil Children series).

And that's how we started to see rpg games mainly aimed to a younger, wider audience that have never touched any other traditional rpg before and this craze was in mainly in Gameboy and Gameboy Advance era. And with such a huge variety there would be a game for every age and taste even for people who don't like Pokemon like Dragon Quest Monsters series which is beloved even from people who don't like Pokemon-like games so much.

Therefore in this thread we'll mainly talk about our favourite Pokemon-like games that you have played and Pokemon-like games that you'd like to play in the near future. Recently I started playing Medabots RPG for GBA but I stopped playing it for the time being for the sake of Secret of Mana (and in a much slower pace Bomberman Land Touch and Pokemon Black 2) but I want to resume playing it soon. And in the future I want to play a game from the Dragon Quest Monsters series but first I want to finish some other games from the Dragon Quest francise.
If you consider Digimon World to be a Pokemon-like game, then it is surely my favorite. And one of my favorite games of all time in general.
do flash spinoffs count?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/566150

for a flash game this one's pretty decent imo , although the storyline and dialogues could be better
(21-10-2012 11:02 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]do flash spinoffs count?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/566150
If you mean fan-made Pokemon games then the answer is no.
Reference URL's