Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pulseman and Pokemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulseman is a great platform game for Sega Genesis and one of the best and most original games I've ever played. It was developed by GameFreak and published by Sega before Pokemon came out at the japanese market and it was only released in Japan. Fortunately a fan-translation of the rom exists on internet and it was also re-released for VirtualConsole at North America and Europe as well (even if it's un-translated just like all japanese VirtualConsole games that were released worldwide). Seems that GameFreak loves Pulseman a lot, that's why there are some interesting Pulseman references in Pokemon series ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman#Pu...mon_series ) :

Quote:- One of Pikachu's attacks is called "Volt Tackle", which in Japan is called "Voltteccer" and utilizes the same idea of turning into an electrically-charged ball and smashing into an enemy. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Volt Tackle is Pikachu's Final Smash and operates like Pulseman's version of the attack.[2]
- In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the organization 'Team Galactic' ( (ギンガ団, Ginga Dan?, literally “Galaxy Gang” or “Galaxy Brigade” ) may be a reference to Doctor Waruyama's gang of the same name.
- The Gunfish enemy that appears underwater in Stage 6 of Pulseman resembles Remoraid, as they are both combinations of fish and revolver pistols.
- The Pokémon Rotom has a similarly shaped head to Pulseman, and is able to enter electrical devices much like Pulseman. Rotom is also surrounded by a blue electrical aura that resembles Pulseman’s electrical powers. When Rotom is first encountered, it comes out of a television with only static on the screen, similar to how the game Pulseman begins.[2]
- Commander Charon from Pokémon Platinum, who is said to have first discovered the Pokémon Rotom, has a very similar hairstyle to the Doc Waruyama, the character who created Pulseman.

If I was the creator of Pokemon Special manga I would definitely make a super hero parody with someone dressed as Pulseman. Toungue

I love Pulseman so much, just like I love Quinty and Drill Dozer. If only GameFreak would make non-Pokemon games more often. After Pokemon success the only non-Pokemon game they developed was Drill Dozer. That's why I was overjoyed when Rhythm Hunter HarmoKnight was announced.
Reference URL's