Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon TCG news thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Since we don't post TCG related news on the main page and since there are times when someone may get the news faster than some of the usual sources, I thought I'd open a thread about it. So, TCG related news and discussion on it goes here. New releases, new products, new cards, whatever.

So, to begin with, here's the first press release about the upcoming set, Plasma Storm.

Quote:
[Image: PKUBW8T_N.jpg]

Clouds gather, Energy crackles, and when you play the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Storm expansion, a new force will be felt as the tempestuous Team Plasma makes its debut! All must make ready for a new battlefield, featuring electrifying Team Plasma Pokémon, game-changing Trainer cards, and Team Plasma Pokémon-EX such as Articuno-EX, Zapdos-EX, and Lugia-EX. And, as all-new, powerful ACE SPEC cards blast the balance of power and even more amazing Pokémon-EX race into battle, a question must be asked: Trainers, are you ready?

Prepare for the Plasma Storm!
• 3 powerful brand-new ACE SPEC Trainer cards!
• 8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 full-card art Pokémon!
• Awesome all-new Team Plasma cards!
• Over 130 cards in all!

Release Date: 02/06/2013

Apparently, we move away from the usual 6EX/6FA to 8EX/4FA, which may or may not be better since FA's were relatively harder to pull. To be released on February 6th, 2013.

Also, another interesting release, here are the 2013 Spring tins.

Quote:
[Image: PKU13STIN_N.jpg]

Their achievements are legendary, their strengths mythical…and now three amazing Pokémon-EX will push your game to the limit in the Pokémon Trading Card Game: EX Power Tins! Each of these excellent tins contains 1 of 3 powerful Pokémon-EX as a special foil card, 1 of 2 special Pokémon TCG cards featuring the Mythical Pokémon Meloetta, 4 Black & White Series booster packs, AND a BONUS code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.

In this tin, you’ll find:
• 1 of 3 powerful foil Pokémon-EX cards: Black Kyurem-EX, White Kyurem-EX, or Keldeo!
• 1 of 2 special Pokémon TCG cards featuring the Mythical Pokémon Meloetta
• 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
• A BONUS online code card for unlocking an item in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online!

Release Date: 03/06/2013

Each tin will come with one of the three EX cards and with one of those two Meloetta cards. To be released on March 6th, 2013.

Source: PidgiPress
The new EX cards in the new pokemon set named Plasma Storm

[Image: victiniex.th.jpg]
[Image: victiniexfa.th.jpg]
I prefer the FA Victini EX than the regular version
[Image: cobalionex.th.jpg]
[Image: cobalionexfa.th.jpg]
Both are good
[Image: articunoex.th.jpg]
[Image: articunoexfa.th.jpg]
Both are good but the FA is awesome

Thnx to NM2 for moving this post here.
Another EX pokemon in the new set is going to be Lugia

[Image: lugiaexfa.th.jpg]
[Image: lugiaex.th.jpg]
Quote: Ability: Overflow
If any of your opponent's Pokémon are Knocked Out by damage from this Pokémon's attack, take 1 more Prize card.

4 Colorless Energy 120 DMG
Discard 1 Plasma Energy attached to this Pokémon or this attack does nothing.

A new supporter
[Image: colress.th.jpg]
[Image: colressfa.th.jpg]
Quote:Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw an amount of cards up to the number of Pokémon on both your and your opponent's Bench.

Since NM2 mentioned that we are going to have 8 EX pokemon and i have posted 4 of them, which pokemon do you think will be the other 4 EX?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/P...torm_(TCG)
(01-12-2012 01:00 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]Since NM2 mentioned that we are going to have 8 EX pokemon and i have posted 4 of them, which pokemon do you think will be the other 4 EX?

Zapdos, Moltres, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.
http://pokebeach.com/2012/09/zapdos-molt...ngth-decks
None of them has a full-art version yet so it basically confirms the 8EX/4FA part mentioned in the set description.
(01-12-2012 01:05 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2012 01:00 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]Since NM2 mentioned that we are going to have 8 EX pokemon and i have posted 4 of them, which pokemon do you think will be the other 4 EX?

Zapdos, Moltres, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.
http://pokebeach.com/2012/09/zapdos-molt...ngth-decks
None of them has a full-art version yet so it basically confirms the 8EX/4FA part mentioned in the set description.

Hmmm kinda weird i think that all 3 legendary birds are being released together in EX form but atleast they are going to be released along with their master Lugia.

Weird that there is going to be another Black/White Kyurem Ex.
Quote:‘Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box’ Announced!
[Image: elitetrainerbox.th.jpg]

A new type of Pokemon TCG product has been announced called the “Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box.” The box is clearly intended to help new Pokemon TCG players enter the card game, supplying all of the essentials one would need to begin playing such as Energy cards and deck supplies.

The product name is prefixed with “Plasma Storm,” so perhaps these will be regular releases with every new set like with theme decks (or it could just be a one-time thing). Thanks goes to Pokecollection for the news! Each box comes with…

7 Plasma Storm booster packs
40 Pokemon TCG Energy cards
2 acrylic condition markers
6 damage-counter dice
A competition-legal coin-flip die
A player’s guide
A deckbox
A collector’s box to hold everything
‘Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box’ Announced!
Awesome the black box with Lugia

Quote:‘Plasma Storm’ Theme Decks, Blister Packs
[Image: plasmastormproducts.th.jpg]
The Plasma Storm theme decks will be named “PlasmaClaw,” featuring Druddigon, and “PlasmaShadow,” featuring Giratina. Both cards originate from Plasma Gale. Thanks goes to our friends at Pokecollection for the news!

The Plasma Storm two-pack blister will come packaged with a promo Jigglypuff card that was released at Japan’s March 2012 Gym Challenges as well as a reprinted Wigglytuff from Next Destinies. The three-pack blister will feature a Ninetales promo, which is reprinted from Dragons Exalted but has alternate artwork. It was originally the promo card that fans received when buying a booster box of BW6 Dragon Blade / Dragon Blast in Japan.
‘Plasma Storm’ Theme Decks, Blister Packs

So what you think?
The box seems nice, but I fear it will be quite expensive.
Think it will be at least 35 euros here in Greece, if it comes here that is. As for the tins it's very good that BlastDeo will be much more affordable now in general.
I like how you assume we all know what BlastDeo is. xD
(07-12-2012 12:57 AM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]I like how you assume we all know what BlastDeo is. xD

Blastoise - Keldeo. You're welcome.
Cause i'm kinda bored to copy all the post and upload the pics into my imageshack account and post them here i'll give you the links.

All credits go to pokebeach.

New Ex and FA cards
The EX’s, Ultra Rares, and Trainers of BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’
BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’ Scans and Translations!
First Four ‘Plasma Storm’ Cards Revealed!
Woah, dat Lugia ex... Its ability is awesome and it does a lot of damage. But are these Plasma Energies common to this set?
You definitely have to read this, it's big but it's worth reading it
http://thetopcut.net/2013/03/04/pookas-p...-and-more/

Credtis are going ofc to Pooka a.k.a Kyle Sucevich
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's