Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: A new Pokémon type: What this means?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All clues point to the appearance of a new pokemon Type on X/Y. The teasing of Sylveon's type, the plethora of rumours(even though most of them are just lies) and the latest Pokemon Smash show. So, I think that it's pretty much expected, even if it isn't the so called Fairy Type.

So, what do you think this means? How great will this change the games and of course competitive battling? Dark, Steel were added pretty early, so they didn't really made such a different. Now, with more than 650 Pokemon, a lot of different moves and items and many different combinations and strategies, a new type would really be a storm. What do you want and what do you believe it is? On which types it is resistant and on which it's weak(and vice versa)? And of course, if it isn't Fairy or something similar, what could it be?

Of course, not only new pokemon will have this type. As what happened with Magnemite, many older Pokemon could take this type(or evolve to something of a new type).Any guesses?

Let the discussion begin!
With Poison being its only weakness, and being immune to Dragon, it might upset the balance of the game just a tad - possibly making a Fairy-type uber a game breaker.
I'm hoping that the new type turns out to be light (goodness) which would be immune to and super-effective against both Dark and Ghost types. Physic and Poison could be its two weaknesses.

It would be neat to have a type resistant to Dragon though. People overuse Dragon and I think it might balance the games more.

The Clefairy and the Jigglypuff families will either get completely retyped as Fairy or it would take Fairy on as their second type.

If they retype Celebi or Jirachi, I'll kill them!!!!

I think the Ralts family might gain Fairy as a second type.

I think Cresselia could take Fairy on as a second type.
The only Pokemon that EVER NEEDED type change was Magnemite and Magneton,when the Steel type came.
No Pokemon needs to become Fairy or Love or Light type.
IF the type name is Love,then Luvdisc and Alomomola will become Love types.
Light type is more possible than Fairy, as we have Dark type. Some Pokemon will get this type but I don't think it will make such a difference.

Maybe some Pokemon that didn't used before, will be used now due to type advantage.
(16-05-2013 11:25 AM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]Light type is more possible than Fairy, as we have Dark type. Some Pokemon will get this type but I don't think it will make such a difference.

We do have dragons which could theoretically be the opposite of fairies since both of them exist on fairy tales mostly (yeah i know there are animals called dragons).
(16-05-2013 10:41 AM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]The only Pokemon that EVER NEEDED type change was Magnemite and Magneton,when the Steel type came.
No Pokemon needs to become Fairy or Love or Light type.
IF the type name is Love,then Luvdisc and Alomomola will become Love types.

I don't know, some pokemon need a second type. Clefairy for example.
I'm not worried about imbalances, the game will be balanced eventually, like it always has, but it would be peculiar however to introduce just one new type. Since they're making that leap, it is the perfect moment to create other new types as well.
(16-05-2013 02:29 PM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not worried about imbalances, the game will be balanced eventually, like it always has, but it would be peculiar however to introduce just one new type. Since they're making that leap, it is the perfect moment to create other new types as well.

Light, Love, Fairy, and Sound!
(16-05-2013 07:47 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Light, Love, Fairy, and Sound!
if there's a love type shouldn't there be a hate type as well?i don't think either of them could be a pokemon type though...:/
it would be cool if new types were light,fairy and maybe spirit
(16-05-2013 08:03 PM)LuXray Wrote: [ -> ]
if there's a love type shouldn't there be a hate type as well?i don't think either of them could be a pokemon type though...:/
So scratch Love type.

Spirit is the same thing as Ghost.

Light, Fairy, and Sound still sound good, right?

I've got it! Synthetic type!
(16-05-2013 08:03 PM)LuXray Wrote: [ -> ]

Just to know,Love is everywhere.So,why not in Pokemon?
Hate type?
We have Dark-type.Most attacks of the Dark type are mean ways of fighting.
Example?Bite!
Why the Light type then,since the only Dark type move which has sth to do with darkness,are Dark Void and Dark Pulse?(I can't remember more moves)
Fairy type?Toungue
Light as in the sense of goodness. Dark is associated with evil and Light is associated with goodness.
Fairy seems like the best solution. Magic, love, light etc. Dark is more about dirty fighting(Sucker Punch, Bite etc.) so Light is actually the Fighting type. So, the Fairy type could combine the goodness meaning of light along with other things.
(18-05-2013 11:49 AM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Fairy seems like the best solution. Magic, love, light etc. Dark is more about dirty fighting(Sucker Punch, Bite etc.) so Light is actually the Fighting type. So, the Fairy type could combine the goodness meaning of light along with other things.

It could also be actual light, but this seems to be spread to lots of types (Aurora Beam, Luster Purge, Flash Cannon, Solarbeam).
Reference URL's