Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: A Legendary Purpose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice pun, huh?
The goal of this thread is to speculate the purpose of Xerneas and Yveltal. I didn't want to take up that much space on the main thread, so here I am.

Ho-oh and Lugia were the Guardians of the Sky and Sea, respectively. Groudon and Kyogre were essentially the gods of earth and sea. Dialga and Palkia were gods of time and space. Zekrom and Reshiram were guardians of Ideals and Truth.

What will Xerneas and Yveltal be Guardians or Gods of?
Let the speculation begin!
Xerneas could be the god of deer and Yveltal could be the god of the sky.
Xernneas:God of Forest or Peace (Confused)
ToungueToungueToungue
Xerneas: Forest
Yveltal: Sky
Xerneas: Life
Yveltal: Death
(16-05-2013 02:03 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Xerneas: Life
i like this theory....and it could be true.
in some movies they use the spirit of a deer to symbolize life and Xerneas is a deer (DA!!) (seriously how do you pronounce that name?)
Yveltal on the other hand looks like a bird-demon (that's what i think) and in a song it sais something about the black wings of death so....
it would be really cool to have a life and death pairing this time because the previous one with the ideals and truth was kinda boring in my opinion
(16-05-2013 03:56 PM)LuXray Wrote: [ -> ]
in some movies they use the spirit of a deer to symbolize life and Xerneas is a deer (DA!!) (seriously how do you pronounce that name?)

Are you by any chance referring to the Princess Mononoke movie Toungue
And you pronounce Xerneas name like this ZURR-nee-us and ee-VELL-tawl for Yveltal.
(16-05-2013 04:11 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-05-2013 03:56 PM)LuXray Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you by any chance referring to the Princess Mononoke movie Toungue
And you pronounce Xerneas name like this ZURR-nee-us and ee-VELL-tawl for Yveltal.
i've seen it in several movies,i don't remember excactly which Toungue (i don't have a good memory :3 )
thanks for the help with the name anyway Big Grin
and i just fixed my previous post because my lame computer had posted three times -_-
I think the life-death thing is a pretty good idea!
What about Light and Dark?
Or... How about Fairy and Dark?
This picture supports the Life/Death theory.
It has Xerneas as the Tree of Life. Yveltal could easily represent death.
Reference URL's